Need some help

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 02:23 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need some help

I am wondering if anyone knows of a place i can send some info on a pc that i am working on for a while now. I want to see if someone will start making it for me, so i can sell it. Like patent it and maybe look it over to see if it is good enought to sell. I think i can make some money off of this item..
Old 05-18-2011, 02:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by layz
I am wondering if anyone knows of a place i can send some info on a pc that i am working on for a while now. I want to see if someone will start making it for me, so i can sell it. Like patent it and maybe look it over to see if it is good enought to sell. I think i can make some money off of this item..
Talk to a patent attorney first. You don't want to give your idea out for someone to take and use it.

Get that done and go from there.
Old 05-18-2011, 02:31 PM
Teching In

Just remember this after you do...

Old 05-18-2011, 03:16 PM
TECH Apprentice

after you talk to a pattent attorney, then where to go...
Old 05-18-2011, 03:18 PM
TECH Regular

Make sure you have a patent (or at least an application for a patent on file with the govt) before you go anywhere. You could then attempt to talk to any major manufacturer of computers (Dell, HP, etc) and see if they will buy the patent off you.
Old 05-18-2011, 03:33 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by layz
after you talk to a pattent attorney, then where to go...
Originally Posted by DSIM
Make sure you have a patent (or at least an application for a patent on file with the govt) before you go anywhere. You could then attempt to talk to any major manufacturer of computers (Dell, HP, etc) and see if they will buy the patent off you.

Most patent attorneys will guide you in the right direction with you idea of who to talk to. Plus you should also know of some places to .. you came up with the idea for some reason that same idea should help you sell it to that company.

But defiantly get the paper work going first before you take your idea to anyone.
Old 05-19-2011, 08:05 AM
TECH Fanatic

Do NOT use one of those inventor submission companies. They are absolute total scams.

FYI .. most good patent attorneys are not cheap.
Old 05-19-2011, 01:07 PM
On The Tree

If there is someone you can REALLY trust out there that can do it, there is paperwork you can do that will hold up in court if he tried to steal it while waiting on a patent. I designed a computer keyboard and I did the non-disclosure agreements and everything with the company that built my prototype. It was much easier to get my patent once I had a working prototype. It also made it much faster and easier to sell the patent and product to a company once I did get it. All of the patent attorneys I talked to wanted WAY too much money.