Any carbed lsx guys near Dallas

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2011, 09:19 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any carbed lsx guys near Dallas

Been thinking of throwing a carb on my car and im sure ill have questions and need help always good to have a buddy around when u need advice
Old 07-09-2011, 09:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skeeter99
Been thinking of throwing a carb on my car and im sure ill have questions and need help always good to have a buddy around when u need advice
Do it. Ditch that efi bs..
Old 07-09-2011, 10:11 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by $O$OE
Do it. Ditch that efi bs..
Old 07-10-2011, 12:22 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Why would you want to do that?
Old 07-10-2011, 06:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
Why would you want to do that?
So i dont have to bug u to tune my car lol Its just a thought i doubt ill do it after reading on it more seems like the carb guys are not running as fast as i thought they were
Old 07-10-2011, 08:13 PM
FormerVendor

Why would you do that x2? They didnt take a step back when they started making everything fuel injected.

Not to mention all the changed besides "tossing on a carb"
Old 07-10-2011, 08:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Do it, its cheaper in the long run and when the price of tuning these damn efi's comes down u can always throw a EFI on and still have an awsome flowing intake...screw these haters
Old 07-11-2011, 02:19 AM
Teching In

i have a carb on my 408 and i love it i have been through fast intakes and even the 4 barrel fast throttle bodys with the victor jr and i just couldnt find someone who could really tune the damn thing..... there was something always wrong with either the idle or some bullshit or i would change something and a stupid *** tuner would always have an excuse for something so i got tired of it and went carbed and it was the best decision i have made so far on the car. the msd box is so easy and for all these stupid forum guys on here efi does not make more power i have dyno #s to prove it. if you are turbo or plannin on it stay efi if you love motor or nitrous go carb
Old 07-11-2011, 07:51 AM
TECH Junkie

Maybe ur tuning was off slow? Seems to me even the Hotrod mags produce more power with the Carb'd intakes. Sure sometime we have to let it warm up or adjust the carb for climate change but atleast we dont have to pay someone $450 for a tune, or have to worry about 02 sensors...Its just less hassle. U might wanna look over the carb'd section and see what some guys are running. I think U just had a bad experience.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Torque wins races? Somebody better tell that to the Pro Stock guys.
Old 07-11-2011, 12:58 PM
TECH Junkie

Well I went carb'd do to the fact It was alot less hassles. All I have to worry about is Spark and Fuel and all that I can do myself, plus the MSD box I have comes with a 2step, boost control, N20 tune when triggered. It came with alot of features I would have to buy a high dollar EFI PCM to do, But if maybe later I want to got Turbo all I need is just a blowthru carb...I could use a dyno to get the tune spot on, but with a EFI system I feel I would need some schooling to get the maps right and idle mixture correct before I take it down the street, hell I would have to tow/trailer to a shop to get that done. All I need with this carb set-up is a A/F ratio gauge and some basic tuning knowledge...for a Novice this set-up is great
Old 07-11-2011, 07:46 PM
Teching In

i love efi for starting up and driving but even that my carb doesnt do bad but i had all tht bullshit on my car and found nothing but troubles and i put the carb on turned the idle screw and boom everything was perfect and the msd box is bad *** its easy and i love it. i had hp tuners and all i can say is **** that thats when i figured out why there is so many shitty tuners lol... not talking down about efi at all just sayin i have ran my car for awhile now and i love the decision i made
Old 07-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Teching In

I am not going to debate which is better cause there are pros and cons to both...But to answer your question I live north of weatherford and run a blow thru carb setup on my ls. If you do go that direction and have questions shoot me a Pm. Good luck whatever direction u decide to go.

Cody
Old 07-12-2011, 12:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skeeter99
So i dont have to bug u to tune my car lol Its just a thought i doubt ill do it after reading on it more seems like the carb guys are not running as fast as i thought they were
Someone filled your head full of carb bullshit.
It does not work better.
It does not make more power.

You have already paid me to tune the car and if you have any issues with the tune just say so.
If you want to smell like gasoline 24-7 put a carb on the car.
Old 07-12-2011, 09:03 PM
Teching In

oh so your a tuner so you have to down a carb i get it lol come on man apparently he is tired of the issues cuz i know i was and efi does not make more power end of story but like the guy said up there they both have there good and bads but sometimes lying to make more money isnt the right thing to do just tell the truth they are about the same the only difference is a carb is a million times easier to tune and efi is better on gas mileage i know because i have done it!!!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:49 PM
TECH Resident

Jus set that distribyouter rite thur in tha midle put tha big fuel jets in er an leter eat!!!
Old 07-12-2011, 10:57 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by -HATERMAKER-
oh so your a tuner so you have to down a carb i get it lol come on man apparently he is tired of the issues cuz i know i was and efi does not make more power end of story but like the guy said up there they both have there good and bads but sometimes lying to make more money isnt the right thing to do just tell the truth they are about the same the only difference is a carb is a million times easier to tune and efi is better on gas mileage i know because i have done it!!!!!
Wow.
I dont lie to make money. Ive been known to tell the truth and lose money.
Ive already been paid to tune the car. If I were to tell him to go carb I wouldnt ever have to tune the car again.
Seems crazy to continue to work on something ive already been paid for if I had the option to not work on it.
Right?

To me efi is way easier to tune but I do it every day atleast 4 hours a day.

My opinion on carb vs efi may or may not be skewed.
Old 07-12-2011, 10:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by slowredz
Jus set that distribyouter rite thur in tha midle put tha big fuel jets in er an leter eat!!!
You gotta tak her up thur bout 7k till she gets to poppin!
Old 07-12-2011, 11:18 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sam88Gta1
Someone filled your head full of carb bullshit.
It does not work better.
It does not make more power.

You have already paid me to tune the car and if you have any issues with the tune just say so.
If you want to smell like gasoline 24-7 put a carb on the car.
lol When he told me about thinking about going carb I was like WTF!!

Old 07-13-2011, 02:03 AM
Teching In

to me its better because i dont have to call someone or wait until next week or the tuner couldnt fix it all right then instead its either mess around with some jets or idle done deal but efi is not bad i would love efi on my daily but i only go on cruises once or twice a week so it fits me perfect