car bounces or surges how ever you wanna say it on acceleration

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 01:22 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default car bounces or surges how ever you wanna say it on acceleration

posted this in the suspension section too

ok so for awhile now ive been trying to fix this issue with no luck so thought was time to get some outside help.

when i accelerate hard and when coming off line its like the drive train takes off and body bounces forward to catch up. Ive replaced all bubber bushings with poly all the way around the car. Rear suspension is all solid mount fully adjustable which ive had dialed in pinion angle and all.

just wondering if anyone else has some ideas
Old 10-03-2011, 08:54 PM
On The Tree

car also bounces and vibrates like rear end wants to rip out when taking off from a stop with low throttle any ideas come on guys im thinking the massive vibration may be clutch chatter

just wanted to see if anyone had any ideas on what else i can check that might cause all or some of these issues
Old 10-04-2011, 07:41 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Torque arm, check the bolts and bushings.
Old 10-04-2011, 12:26 PM
On The Tree

i just replaced the bushing and outside bushing cover because some ***** installed the cover with wrong size bolt and it fell out so cover and bushing fell off. I just went to junk yard found a manual trans car and got the cover plate and bolt but the mount on trans was bent to **** from TQ arm slamming it, i bent it back into somewhat place and got it all bolted but ill check and make sure its all still good plus i found another manual car not long ago so i grabbed whole mount set up so i can get rid of bent piece.

also will weak springs cause this issue cause ive noticed im bottoming out more now adays so i think springs are jacked

thanks for the thought penguin i didnt even think of it since i already worked on it but ill make sure its still good, so how are your projects coming along

Last edited by DarknessHunter; 10-04-2011 at 01:05 PM.
Old 10-04-2011, 02:12 PM
On The Tree

Likely your springs and shocks are shot! Get under the car and feel of the bump stops. Bet they are gooey if even there! They have been beaten by the rear end and lack of control by the shocks and springs. Likely mostly the shocks. It needs new bumpstops as well. I could almost guarantee.
Old 10-04-2011, 03:36 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The 80 T/A has been doing good, I drive it a mile to work and back every other day. Probably trading it for a Cobra today though.

But when I broke the torque arm that's how it felt, the engine/trans mounts can give sort of the same feeling too.

On my old WS6 the bottom bolts backed out of the arm and the rear end was rolling forward on acceleration. Jacked it up and only a bolt or two was keeping it on. Busted out the welder and it was fine the rest of the time I had it. Still bounced a little though because of the engine/trans mounts. I have another arm if yours is damaged for free.
Old 10-04-2011, 07:40 PM
On The Tree

bumps stop havnt existed since i got the car oh and its lowered to the point of tires tuck in wheel well but im thinking springs were either cut or heated to lower it

engine and trans mounts were both replaced with poly too im gonna get under car tomorrow and check tq arm mount

Quick Reply: car bounces or surges how ever you wanna say it on acceleration