View Poll Results: PAT G or Corey Henderson
PAT G
82.93%
Corey Henderson
17.07%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Which tuner would you choose PAT G or Corey Henderson?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 10:35 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gregrob
Just get a hypertech brah...

Seriously though, you're going to choose a tuner based on internet opinion? That's ******* classic.

Perhaps you should CALL AND TALK WITH THEM about your goals, and choose the one you feel the most comfortable with.

Based on what I've read Pat G has a very good fundamental knowledge of tuning, and has produced some very good results and tuned a lot of setups... I would have no issue having him tune my car if I were in the area, and didnt tune myself.

Here's my .02 cents I've had both tune my cars, Corey on my 97 SS and Pat G on my 2009 G8 both standup guys just trying to see who ya'll prefer as a tuner not trying to find out what's ******* classy or classic. Just trying to find a preference. I kind of like Pat cause I've seen him put fourth an effort to squeeze every last hp and tq out. It's been a while since I've talked to Corey, He's closer only like 30min away caompared to 2.5hrs away so this is why I posted This poll.
Old 02-10-2012, 08:33 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by westtexasbuff
Brian @ Reckart Performance.
This for sure!
Old 02-10-2012, 08:50 PM
TECH Apprentice

I really don't think there's a more thorough tuner around for these cars than Patrick Guerra. He has tuned some stuff that is just downright retarded and runs great on the street after he's through with it.
Old 02-11-2012, 02:03 AM
11 Second Club

I've got the fastest bolt on G8 in the country. Patrick G and Kurt did the work. Nuff said.

One night I was running at the track in my bone stock G8 GXP, and I was making 13.1X runs. I was talking to Patrick and he asked me for my keys. I hand over the keys and he sits in my car with his laptop running. About 45 minutes later I was making 12.7 second passes. Just Patrick, my car, and a laptop.

If Patrick and Kurt didn't do my work, I would have no trouble taking my car to G-Force in Pearland. I think the guys from G-Force are stand up guys. Let me tell a quick story. After Patrick and Kurt did my bolt ons (in signature) I ran my car at the track and was having a bit of a problem. One of the guys from G-Force was at the track that night and I told him I was having a bit of a problem with my runs. The man put his laptop in the front seat and I made a pass. The next day he emails my run to Patrick. The gentleman from G-Force came off as a stand up guy, and even though he knew Patrick and Kurt did the work, he went out of his way to help me find out what was wrong with the car and spent time emailing my runs to Patrick.

Come to find out when the car was tuned, it was on 19" rims, but when I made my passes I was on drag radials using 17" rims. Apparently Patrick needed to know I was changing rim sizes as that made a difference. Luckily Patrick was in the Houston area and he met my wife and made a 5 minute change in the tune. No more problems after that!
Old 02-11-2012, 03:22 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by enigmah
I might have to bring my car to you mike... Although lmr is way closer I called 4 times yesterday and was told "we don't have a sales rep" or "they're out to lunch" left 4 messages and never got a single call back..?

Gforce was my second choice moving into first now.

WOW i hope i hear from them. Im really hoping they can at least help me out with ideas and advice if they can't work on my car. well see.

Its true there are many other competent ppl out there. And if I don't hear from them i'll go somewhere else.
Old 02-11-2012, 03:30 AM
9 Second Club

Just call Pat G.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:48 AM
TECH Enthusiast

pat g it is. thanks fellas.
Old 02-12-2012, 12:43 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by 1sicss
Here's my .02 cents I've had both tune my cars, Corey on my 97 SS and Pat G on my 2009 G8 both standup guys just trying to see who ya'll prefer as a tuner not trying to find out what's ******* classy or classic. Just trying to find a preference. I kind of like Pat cause I've seen him put fourth an effort to squeeze every last hp and tq out. It's been a while since I've talked to Corey, He's closer only like 30min away caompared to 2.5hrs away so this is why I posted This poll.
Well personally I would take it to Corey He used to tune all my cars till I moved to Houston. and FYI just because they squeeze every bit of power out is not always a good thing I had Some one else tune my car a while back before Corey. He squezed all the power he could out of my car and it only lasted 5 mo , and Coresy tunes lasted yrs .
Old 02-12-2012, 06:34 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 46 Likes on 19 Posts

Everyone will have their favorite. I probably know a half dozen guys that I'd trust to do the job. This isn't rocket science. It just takes someone with half a brain and some analytical problem-solving skills. Then they just need plenty of time behind that computer and a dynojet or even better - the track. If I owned a dynojet, I'd vote for myself
Old 02-12-2012, 08:35 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
This isn't rocket science. It just takes someone with half a brain and some analytical problem-solving skills. Then they just need plenty of time behind that computer and a dynojet or even better - the track. If I owned a dynojet, I'd vote for myself

Lmao, get a dyno big baller.
Old 02-12-2012, 01:05 PM
TWS
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have heard good things about Corey Henderson and Patrick G.

I have first hand experience with Brian Reckart and would recommend him without the slightest hesitation. He has tuned two of my cars and is about to tune a third one.

Quick Reply: Which tuner would you choose PAT G or Corey Henderson?