Things you need to know about Patrick Guerra a.k.a "Pat G"

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2012, 09:53 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Exclamation Things you need to know about Patrick Guerra a.k.a "Pat G"

Well first off where to start!

Keep in mind my car has a MS3 cam and heads. M6

I bought my car at the beginning of January and after only a week of owning it #7 piston went out. Sucks for me right?? I told myself over and over to get it tuned right away, the car hardly idled by itself in the mornings or actually.. Never!

So after waiting about a month to get the car fixed I got it back on the 19th this month with new pistons. I had the guy working on it tell me both fuel banks were +25 or more 90% of the time, which kind of tells me the piston went out due to running lean.

I started reading up on tuning the car and who should do it, I have alway been a fan of the good shops in Houston, but after reading numerous things about this guy "Pat G" I decided that's where I was going. I sent him an email on February 19th about tuning my car and I think less then an hour later he had already emailed me back about tuning my car.

So a week goes by I get my car back more excited than a fat kid in a candy store. Its Sunday the 19th I call Pat G to setup an appointment, no answer! I left a voicemail and got a call back Monday morning he said he'd be more than happy to tune my car for me. I ask him if we could do it ASAP he told me he would call me back and let me know a time. He called me Tuesday around 12 and let me know he could get to my car that day!! I took off of work and got there around 5:40 and he started tuning my car around 6:00.

Holy ****... The cars tune was horrible!!! I had no idea how bad it actually was! Pat G and Kurt were very professional, very nice shop and were more than happy to answer any question I had to throw at them! Patrick had no problem telling me exactly what was wrong and even showed me how he fixed most of the we will call it "mail order tune" that was on the car. The MAF was so far off he said it wasn't even in the same zipcode!

I have nothing negative to say about Patrick or anything he did to my car. After about an hour of tinkering the car idled smooth as glass with the big MS3 cam. Another hour went by and the street "tune" was done. After that we did a couple of WOT pulls to see how much power we could get. The car made a respectable safe 458HP and 408 TQ. So after all that fun it was getting pretty late but the guys didn't mind at all they wanted another satisfied customer. We then took the car out for a test drive, we were cruising about 60 and the car didn't even feel like it had the cam. That's nothing though, he told me to coast in 6th don't touch the brake or clutch. Before I knew it we were doing 35 in 6th gear and the car was hardly bucking at all! Holy **** now I'm impressed.

We get back to his driveway and we stop throw the AC on full blast and the RPMs didn't even drop below 850. ( Keep in mind the car didn't even idle much less run with the AC on at a stoplight ) We got back to his shop and just started bullshitting about other cars and whatnots for another 30 minutes before I left happy as hell.

The next morning I decided to "test" his tune, tuned the AC on full blast it was around 50 outside, started the car and it instantly idled at 900 RPMs cold start with the AC on... Holy ****!!! I was smiling ear to ear.

All in all I would recommend Pat G and Kurt to anyone any time any day. Call me a nut swinger whatever you want, my car runs like a completely different car now and has way better response. He followed up 3 days later in email asking me how the tune and car was doing making sure I was completely satisfied with the product. He said if I had a single issue non mechanical ( tune ) problem to call ASAP and he would see/take care of it no problem.

+1 to Pat G and Kurt kudos to you guys!!
Old 02-24-2012, 10:09 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yea he did the tune on my car and I'm happy with it as well now if I could keep a motor together for more than 500 miles I'd be even happier
Old 02-24-2012, 10:22 AM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's awesome to hear!!
Old 02-24-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I've only heard one bad thing about his tuning, otherwise he is a tuning/cam card god

I'm glad to hear your a happy camper
Old 02-24-2012, 10:26 AM
TECH Apprentice

Now that's how you stay on top. Awesome to hear that. Good customer service.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:35 AM
TECH Fanatic

Bad *** man.. glad u got ur car fixed!!!

I know who I'll be taking my car too once I get another SS.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:36 AM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

Pat lives in my hometown, tuned my nephew's GTO. Nice guy, didn't even know him when I posted a question in the tuning section, got a PM from him almost immediately. He helped me dial in my timing after I corrected it a couple of times for no charge. Super nice guy to deal with, and he didn't even know me.........if I ever need a duno tune, he'll get my business all day long...

Hat's off to Pat G and company for sure....

T,
Old 02-24-2012, 11:34 AM
TECH Addict

Now that is some great customer service. I have known Patrick for many years. He and Kurt are both great guys and fun to work with.

I need to get down to Victoria and let Kurt put a cam in my old slow 08 along with a Patrick tune!
Old 02-24-2012, 12:00 PM
TECH Resident

What else is done to the car? Those are good nunbers
Old 02-24-2012, 12:05 PM
On The Tree

i got a few friends who went to victoria to get a tune by pat g....they were all satisfied with his tune and heard nothing but great things about him...will be taking my car and my brothers ss to him soon......but thats great to hear about ur car thumbs up to pat g
Old 02-24-2012, 12:43 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by speedracer2536
What else is done to the car? Those are good nunbers
ETP 215 heads, ms3 cam, fast90/90, 85maf, and other supppprting mods like oil pump/QTP longtubes. All through stock M6 and crappy 10-bolt.

He even gave me tips to get a little more power, I need some stronger springs and a cutout said I should pick up 10-15 HP easy.
Old 02-24-2012, 03:10 PM
Staging Lane

Patrick and Kurt do some great work. I just got a tune from patrick two months ago and I'm so happy with the way mine idles and drives now. I have a ms3 cam, LT, tsp heads, fast 92mm setup, built 4l60e with a 3600 stall. He worked on my tune for like 6 hours. I can't thank him enough for the great work on my tune and picked up 21 rwhp
Old 02-24-2012, 03:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Talked to Pat this morning. He will be getting mine in a few weeks.
Old 02-24-2012, 08:26 PM
TECH Apprentice

I've been trying to get a date set up with him but I'm too damn busy myself...
Old 02-24-2012, 09:20 PM
TECH Senior Member

great to hear that!! Pat might be doing some tuning for me also..
Old 02-24-2012, 09:38 PM
TECH Veteran

I've never heard a bad word about him. Everyone I know says if you want a half-a$$ed tune, anybody can do it. If you want it done right, you go to Patrick G.
Old 02-24-2012, 09:41 PM
10 Second Club

He will be tuning my 408 Mustang and retune my 408 Trans Am.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:51 PM
ino
TECH Enthusiast

Sweet nice to know there are still good people out there.
Old 02-24-2012, 10:56 PM
On The Tree

Sounds like a fairy tale. First I was like ah **** here we go again but it turned out to be a pretty good thread. Congrads on getting your car running like its meant to be.
Old 02-24-2012, 11:11 PM
TECH Enthusiast

^ lol same here

He sounds like the guy to get tuned by!

Quick Reply: Things you need to know about Patrick Guerra a.k.a "Pat G"