Old 03-11-2012, 09:27 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pro Mod Street Cars ?????
Old 03-11-2012, 09:29 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ElkySS
i think the street car aspect was the bottom part of the ad.
Looked at it again and you would be correct But its a damn shame when ppl are bitching about a legal place to race. I race on the street also but I love to go to the track.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:08 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

id love to be able to compete in an actual class but they are all so far out of the budget of people without sponsors.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:15 PM
10 Second Club

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by ElkySS
id love to be able to compete in an actual class but they are all so far out of the budget of people without sponsors.
Thats why I have to bracket/index race. It is what it is.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:08 AM
On The Tree

Maybe when HMP cleans up the thugs, coolers of beer inside the cars with racers drinking in the staging lanes before a pass, etc, then I will go back. As far as being the fastest street car, well, we know who those guys are. Went to HMP for the last 4 years, and everynight, it is the same old thing. Young kids, drink fest with racers, etc. Track is usually great for prep, etc, but not a great atmosphere to bring the family to.
Old 03-12-2012, 12:45 AM
HMP
LS1TECH Sponsor

HMP does not allow anyone to drink and race. If anyone is found to be drinking and attempting to race, they are immediately banned from the staging lanes. Also, on amy given night, there are several police on site, many not in uniform. It is a very safe environment that many families do enjoy.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:23 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by winters97gt
Maybe when HMP cleans up the thugs, coolers of beer inside the cars with racers drinking in the staging lanes before a pass, etc, then I will go back. As far as being the fastest street car, well, we know who those guys are. Went to HMP for the last 4 years, and everynight, it is the same old thing. Young kids, drink fest with racers, etc. Track is usually great for prep, etc, but not a great atmosphere to bring the family to.
yeah its pretty rough thats for sure! Went one time on a Sunday and was worried about my family's safety. Not to mention that announcer has some choice words over the PA that I dont want my small child hearing.
Old 03-12-2012, 01:56 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1990LSx
yeah its pretty rough thats for sure! Went one time on a Sunday and was worried about my family's safety. Not to mention that announcer has some choice words over the PA that I dont want my small child hearing.
Absolutely. You nailed it, with the PA, and the crowd. I took my fiancee's family out there twice, and assured them it would be better the second time. It was actually worse. One of my best friends is here and races out there with me, and is a local Liberty County LEO. He won't comment on this thread due to his posistion, but we all feel the same. We have also raced with an off duty officer from the area(fox body mustang), and he feels the same as we do. Not to mention the buzz when talking to people at RPR standing in line for 2 hours to avoid what we, and they have experienced.

HMP is an outstanding track for the 1/8 racers. Great for new 1/4 guys in street cars trying to dial in their 60ft's with generally shorter lines than RPR(HRP). It is just a fast track with good prep. But the rep is there, and I have seen it and got out of line and personally calling people out because of it.

I have a 911 call in to the Harris County Sheriff's Office in 2010. I can back it up if need be. An incident leaving the track involving a number of a Chevy pickup trucks that blocked in a number of us leaving the track. About 6-8 trucks when we pulled out of the gate, heading on E Mt Houston heading West towards 59. They were consitantly swerving like Nascar drivers do, at 15-20mph, not letting anybody pass them for the 8-10 miles to highway 59. They stopped all at once, boxing us in, and turned their trucks sideways, doing burnouts, yelling out of the cars and shouting at the cars in between. This happened a few times. I wasn't with any car group or car guys, except my fiancee. One import tried to pass the trucks, and one swerved at him, missing him, and the next did the same. It looked like he wrecked in to a ditch right next to my window, and I kept going as I didn't want to get stuck with my fiancee. The cops caught up to the call right at highway 59 and E Mt Houston. Pulled 2 trucks over, and I left. Pretty scary experience not having a way out since you can't pass on E Mt Houston due to the deep ditches and not knowing who the guys were leaving the track in front or behind us. It took a long time to get to 59 and was not a great experience.

Feel free to contact me if you would like and I will have no problem contacting the Harris County Constables to substantiate this claim and prove my call. My phone records already show it, and I recorded exact license plates, etc, over my phone call to 911.

Just need to keep race tracks family friendly. I understand the 1/8 grudge match cars, and what racers do. I did grow up watching races on Rankin, Brittmore, Etc, but these tracks, especially yours, being one of the fastest ones, need to be fan friendly.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:12 AM
TECH Enthusiast

street>track
Old 03-12-2012, 02:15 AM
HMP
LS1TECH Sponsor

It's unfortunate that you had an incident on the road after you left the track. It is very rare that we have issues at the track. We have a few thousand people that seem to have a good time on Sunday nights and leave without having any trouble. It's Grudge Racing Night and a late Sunday night at the race track is probably not the best place for small children. Our Saturday special events are probably a better time for families than Sunday Grudge. Sunday nights are more adult oriented.
Old 03-12-2012, 02:28 AM
On The Tree

This was a friday night, John, not a Saturday or sunday( though I do suggest my friends go early Sunday to hot lap and work their short times). You can expect to see my C6 out there in the next year dialing in my 330'ft. I just leave early. The report is there, I've been at your track 20+ times, , sometimes twice a week. Outstanding facility for the fans to get up close to the cars since the starting line is so close and next to the fans.
Old 03-12-2012, 05:33 PM
11 Second Club

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by 95batmobile
street>track
facepalm
Old 03-12-2012, 06:00 PM
9 Second Club

my only bad experience there was when i got rear ended in the staging lanes by a guy who was slobbering drunk. and he was going to run down the track that way. then his drunk friend ran the truck though the back fence. then he supposedly jumped his trailer, landing on his tow trucks bed. i hope yall have cracked down on the drunk racers. and i hope the blue pit at the trailers in the front is gone. that dog is very dangerous with small dogs, i cant even imagine if he gets ahold of someones baby. that dog damn near killed my friends mothers dog.
Old 03-12-2012, 06:33 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by winters97gt
haaaaaaaateeerrr

and let your kids live a little o well if they see a black man drinking a beer they are going too see much more in life.....and please dont take this as me telling you how to raise your kids its just a mild opinion about the track not about how you live you life all im saying is....

TEXAS AUTO PRO MODS....AND ULTIMATE STREET!!!

CANT GET MUCH BETTER THEN THAT...AND AS FAR AS RICERS I THINK MOST OF THEM WILL BE CHASING DOWN 2K12 TRYING TO FIT IN...
Old 03-12-2012, 07:42 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

I am on the fence here, love that tracks prep, hate the inconsistency of rules, one week I dont need a helmet, the next I need a fire suit and lid.

Fridays? I have had to stop myself from making sure some of that riffraff takes a trip to jail, as for an announcer, there was a female on the loud speaker, acting so ghetto my wife could not take it an left.

So, Fridays I hit early and leave early, and I will say, never had those issues at Baytown but I hate the drive.
Old 03-13-2012, 02:04 AM
Launching!

I have made a good grip of money out at hmp on a sunday night betting on the grudge bikes and cars. I would not take my kids or wife out there passed 9pm but I always enjoyed it out there and never felt harmed but that was also 3+ years ago since I have been there. Maybe times have changed.
Old 03-13-2012, 12:24 PM
Staging Lane

I am there ever Sunday I raced and bet some big amounts and never had a problem.
Old 03-13-2012, 10:06 PM
LS7 Member

Originally Posted by Luckymex_dallas
haaaaaaaateeerrr

and let your kids live a little o well if they see a black man drinking a beer they are going too see much more in life.....and please dont take this as me telling you how to raise your kids its just a mild opinion about the track not about how you live you life all im saying is....

TEXAS AUTO PRO MODS....AND ULTIMATE STREET!!!

CANT GET MUCH BETTER THEN THAT...AND AS FAR AS RICERS I THINK MOST OF THEM WILL BE CHASING DOWN 2K12 TRYING TO FIT IN...
Wtf?? you on crack bra?
Old 03-13-2012, 10:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

HMP is a waste of time and money un less they are turning left....lol

1/8 mile for the lose.

Baytown or Sealy for me.
Old 03-13-2012, 11:03 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Luckymex_dallas
haaaaaaaateeerrr

One of the things that my kids will be able to do, is comprehend the English langauge better than you can. You did a great job hacking it up in your reply.

Quick Reply: Fastest street cars in Texas