Has anyone ever bought a car from Texas Direct Auto?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2012, 05:11 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Has anyone ever bought a car from Texas Direct Auto?

I was wondering if any of you knew if they are willing to work on a price? They have a 2011 Z06 3LZ there that's listed for ~$70,000. I was wanting to try and talk them down to about $65,000 or less. Has anyone here ever dealt with them? Are they very firm on their prices?
Old 07-21-2012, 05:32 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Pretty firm on price. We bought our 07 Daytona there.

I called the guy and he said the car had no obvious damage of an accident and a clear carfax- 'but of course it is always possible it was in a small parking lot incident and not reported to carfax'.

Got there and the car had 4 different shades of lime green on it and all the bolts on the passenger fender had obviously been removed.

I bought it for the buy it now and they told me the would refund my money no harm no foul. I told them I would then write a review saying the car was misrepresented and had been in an accident (since I bought it on eBay I had a right to list a review).

We argued over the price and agreed on a 1500 deduct from the buy it now provided I would write the review in their office at that time.

Still- been a great car. Drives straight, doesn't wear tires and paid 1/2 of sticker when it was a year old.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:34 PM
AGH
Staging Lane

I bought my Vette from them. They would not neg. on price because the sales guy said "our cars are on ebay and and bla bla bla" if you want it then you better buy it before someone bids on ebay and takes it from you. I left without the car and sure enough that night someone put the $500 down and reserved it. I was pissed, but as it turns out about 5 days later the bidder deal fell through and it was back for sale. I bought it the next day.
Old 07-21-2012, 05:43 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by AGH
I bought my Vette from them. They would not neg. on price because the sales guy said "our cars are on ebay and and bla bla bla" if you want it then you better buy it before someone bids on ebay and takes it from you. I left without the car and sure enough that night someone put the $500 down and reserved it. I was pissed, but as it turns out about 5 days later the bidder deal fell through and it was back for sale. I bought it the next day.
Did you get anything off when you went back in to buy it?
Old 07-21-2012, 06:11 PM
On The Tree

I went with my uncle earlier this year, i believe axle was our sales rep. We were able to make them budge on a 2005 30k Lincoln Town Car. Car was listed at 11 without ttl but we were able to get them to cover the a repaint of the hood and back bumper for 11k if we paid mostly cash.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:16 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by camAro242
I went with my uncle earlier this year, i believe axle was our sales rep. We were able to make them budge on a 2005 30k Lincoln Town Car. Car was listed at 11 without ttl but we were able to get them to cover the a repaint of the hood and back bumper for 11k if we paid mostly cash.
Well I'm going to be paying ALL cash. So hopefully that will help.
Old 07-21-2012, 06:33 PM
Teching In

I used to work there most of the cars are good but some have been in little fender benders. I recommend you drive the car and take it to a 3rd party inspection but its up to you to look for obvious defects and damages.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:06 PM
Staging Lane

Hey man cash is king! I bought my last two trucks with cash money and there was a whole lot of room for negotiating. They knew I was serious and new they didn't have to run a credit check on something that may get denied. Actually this most recent purchase was easy and smooth. I got the truck for 4k under advertised price out the door. I buy 1-2 year old cars/trucks and let someone else take the hit and then because I pay cash and get a better deal, when it comes time to trade in I'm not that far from what I paid.
Old 07-21-2012, 09:32 PM
TECH Junkie

Cash to large dealerships doesn't necessarily mean a better deal. Often times they would rather you finance so they can make a flat, offer warranties etc etc.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:03 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
Cash to large dealerships doesn't necessarily mean a better deal. Often times they would rather you finance so they can make a flat, offer warranties etc etc.

Today my fiance bought a new ford edge and was trying to make a cash deal. She ended up financing to get the 1000.00 rebate but will pay the car off in a month. She had a check for 35K in hand and couldnt get the deal done without going through financing
Old 07-21-2012, 10:08 PM
Staging Lane

Well I don't know about you or your negotiating but Ive been happy with my cash dealings. Also bought a 5th wheel cash money and got almost 10k off of their already "discounted" price. Although dealers make money by financing, they also make make money by moving volume.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by derrickman05
Well I don't know about you or your negotiating but Ive been happy with my cash dealings. Also bought a 5th wheel cash money and got almost 10k off of their already "discounted" price. Although dealers make money by financing, they also make make money by moving volume.
I work at a high volume car dealership. It's not "In house" financing, so the dealership doesn't take on the loan risk themselves, unless it's a smaller lot that does "in house". I don't know where you buy your cars, but that's likely the difference.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:29 PM
Launching!

i went there before i got my vette. they would not even help me. they told me if i wanted to see a car i had to go find it on the lot or wait in a long *** line. i got my vette 2 hours later at champion.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:38 PM
Staging Lane

Man to be honest with you I shop around ALOT. I try not fall in love with anything and have a list of deal breakers such as power windows for example. I wish I could go to 1 dealer and get what I want but I might see 5 and talk to 15 more on the phone. I also walk away if I don't see a positive outcome. I think most of it is because I'm starting to be a tight *** too.
Old 07-21-2012, 10:45 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by derrickman05
Man to be honest with you I shop around ALOT. I try not fall in love with anything and have a list of deal breakers such as power windows for example. I wish I could go to 1 dealer and get what I want but I might see 5 and talk to 15 more on the phone. I also walk away if I don't see a positive outcome. I think most of it is because I'm starting to be a tight *** too.
That's the way it should be, it's your money. Buy from where you're treated right and feel comfortable with.
Old 07-21-2012, 11:00 PM
Launching!

i think when i went there they thought i had bad credit or something. i never told them i was pre approved with my bank.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:15 AM
10 Second Club

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

dealers get cash either way dont matter if they get it from you or a bank. and I thought 70k was about the price of a NEW Z06? maybe im wrong. I think you could find a Z06 for alot cheeper I have seen them down around 50 or less depending on year and miles.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:49 AM
HTX
TECH Regular

Texas Direct Auto = No integrity, no dignity, no shame. By far they are the worst kind of dealership to do business with.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=texas+direct+auto+review <<< look at how many times the word "complaint" is linked to Texas Direct Auto

http://www.bbb.org/houston/business-...d-tx-13004084/

They are famous for scams, cons, rip offs, terrible customer service, and a complete lack of respect for people

Good luck to you though. Hopefully you will have a good experience.

Last edited by HTX; 07-22-2012 at 01:00 AM.
Old 07-22-2012, 12:49 AM
On The Tree

The 2011 Z06 has 1K miles on it so thats why the price is up there.

They also have a 2010 ZR1 for sale for 85K with 4K miles
Old 07-23-2012, 01:31 PM
TECH Apprentice

I purchased my Trailblazer SS from them about a month and a half ago. I had a good experience. They wouldn't budge from the Buy it Now price on ebay, but they did put new tires on it for me as well as fixing a ding on the passenger door. I will buy another vehicle from them in the future I'm sure.

That being said, my wife hated it. She didn't like how it felt like a circus in there. She felt like you were waiting for them instead of them waiting for us. But, I believe that is why they can give me a better price than elsewhere, because they sell so much volume.

You have to take the bad with the good.

Chris

Quick Reply: Has anyone ever bought a car from Texas Direct Auto?