LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   Texas Members (https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members-54/)
-   -   Ls engine builders in houston area? (https://ls1tech.com/forums/texas-members/1569880-ls-engine-builders-houston-area.html)

SLV_WS6 08-01-2012 08:57 PM

I know of a recent build from G&G that the rod bolt were hitting the oil pan. When the engine was fired it had a nice knock. I would think a top notch builder would have cought that. Regardless who supplied the parts. They did the assembly and IMO should have cought that. There are two other builds that they did a while back with similar problems.

With that said every one makes mistakes. Im sure for every engine builder out there. More then a few people are unhappy with them. Not taking any ones side or bashing just stating what I know and only what I know.

The post asked for a recomendation who to use. Not who to stay away from. I like westside. They have done good work for me and my friends. I'm sure G&G has some killer engines out there just like the other shops listed above

Cam72aro 08-01-2012 09:09 PM

Originally Posted by SLV_WS6 (Post 16580944)
I know of a recent build from G&G that the rod bolt were hitting the oil pan. When the engine was fired it had a nice knock. I would think a top notch builder would have cought that. Regardless who supplied the parts. They did the assembly and IMO should have cought that. There are two other builds that they did a while back with similar problems.

With that said every one makes mistakes. Im sure for every engine builder out there. More then a few people are unhappy with them. Not taking any ones side or bashing just stating what I know and only what I know.

The post asked for a recomendation who to use. Not who to stay away from. I like westside. They have done good work for me and my friends. I'm sure G&G has some killer engines out there just like the other shops listed above

Did they install the oil pan? Or the customer?

SLV_WS6 08-01-2012 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by Cam72aro (Post 16581006)
Did they install the oil pan? Or the customer?

They did and like I said there have been a few other things to.

Cam72aro 08-01-2012 09:45 PM

I doubt it, lol. That's pretty elementary.

SLV_WS6 08-01-2012 09:59 PM

Originally Posted by Cam72aro (Post 16581178)
I doubt it, lol. That's pretty elementary.

I agree with you on that for sure. But it did happen and I did see it!! I have no reason to lie about it. I could careless if you doubt it or any one else. I know it happened. No one or shop is perfect. It was a stupid mistake they should have cought it.

Sprayed1998 08-01-2012 10:23 PM

Why would I lie about it lol. I dont know anything about g&g or have any reason to badmouth them. Im just stating facts.

FlashWS6 08-01-2012 10:30 PM

EVERY shop has had it's issues. Most won't surface because a good shop will stand behind their work and correct the issue..

SouthTexasBully 08-01-2012 11:44 PM

Originally Posted by 1sickz28 (Post 16581327)
EVERY shop has had it's issues. Most won't surface because a good shop will stand behind their work and correct the issue..

^^ I cant believe im saying this but i agree with Flash.They ALL have skeletons in the closet,some shops make it right and others dont.we are human..G&G is doing my motor right now and i'll let yall know how that turns out.Joe is a very respectful person and seems to be confident in his work so i feel good with my decision.

LSX-coupe 08-02-2012 09:30 AM

Joe built my 427 Lsx car ran 9.3x in a c6 vette made 580rwhp on motor then made 830 rwhp on conservative 300. Erik builds my motors usually but I was in a time crunch. Joe is a very stand up guy and builds some wicked cool shit. He builds a lot of darton sleeved vq motors for another shop also.

BADZ 08-02-2012 12:31 PM

my sig = #1

He did mine in 2-4 weeks.