High Hp Pat G tuned ....?

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2012, 08:52 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

^ and how does that drive-ability tune do at the track?
Old 09-05-2012, 08:39 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by enigmah
I take my stuff to Pat G for Reliability and Drive-ability something hes damn good in. Take your car to another shop to get a shortcut tune for the "biggest" number and let me know how replacing pistons goes when you have to pull them out because they ran it too lean to get your "numbers".

Lmao some people's dicks on here are wayyyyyy too big.

Btw.... Pat G tuned my car and I cruise at 35 mph in 6'th gear with a MS3.

SUP
Thats a blanket statement lol! I'm glad you got great results with your car, but how much power are you makeing? But atleast YOU did have your car tuned by him etc...Thanks for the info.
Old 09-05-2012, 08:49 AM
ppp
Launching!

Drivability doesn't hurt your track #'s if it's tuned properly since the tables change with load, tp %, maf counts, ect....
Old 09-05-2012, 09:12 AM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by ppp
Drivability doesn't hurt your track #'s if it's tuned properly since the tables change with load, tp %, maf counts, ect....
Who wants to pay for a tune that drives bad on the street though?
Old 09-05-2012, 10:56 AM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Most people who comment on how great their tuner is aren't really educated enough about tuning to know if they got what they paid for or not. If they were they would just tune the car themselves.

Ask Pat G or whoever you are considering to give your contact info to some of his happy customers. If they are supportive of him you should hear from them, and maybe they will let you check out the drivability and performance of their car.

Making more power tuning an FI car does NOT mean the tuner is better at all. Timing and fuel are the only things at play there, and you are counting on the tuner's experience to dial it in to a number that will keep it in one piece.

Most people are changing their setups so often that you never really get to see how the car holds up in the long run. If I was going to pay someone to tune my setup, and it was a common setup, I'd take it to someone who has done 100's of those setups without a high rate of failure. Even the best tuners have to learn from their mistakes, and not many of them have an R&D vehicle to do it with
Old 09-05-2012, 12:17 PM
ppp
Launching!

"Who wants to pay for a tune that drives bad on the street though?"

...that's my point. Apperently people get stuck with a "track" tune and a car that drives like **** a lot. I know Pat's tunes aren't that way.
Old 09-05-2012, 05:45 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by danger ds
^ and how does that drive-ability tune do at the track?
My car ran ( In sealy ) with a soft launch 11.7 at 125 mph on KDW's
See Hp/TQ below

Originally Posted by Inspector12
Thats a blanket statement lol! I'm glad you got great results with your car, but how much power are you makeing? But atleast YOU did have your car tuned by him etc...Thanks for the info.
Im making 460hp/410 tq with H/C/I through full exhaust.

Pat said my springs were also fatigued because I lose power after 6300 ( Car goes to 7500 ) so i could easily pick up another 10-15 hp with new springs and a cutout.

The guy knows his stuff and I don't think I have ever seen a single negative comment about his work.
Old 09-05-2012, 07:17 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by LS1x2
Ask Pat G or whoever you are considering to give your contact info to some of his happy customers. If they are supportive of him you should hear from them, and maybe they will let you check out the drivability and performance of their car.
Even though my G8 GXP was at the lower end of his high performance spectrum, I was extremely happy with Kurt's work and Pat's tuning.

A 408 rwhp bolt on car weighing 4300 pounds turning an 11.91 and put my big ole car in the 11 second club took some effort.

I'm not saying that the good folks at either G-Force, LMR, or England Green couldn't do it, but I met Pat and Kurt at the track and felt so comfortable with them, I left them my car for a week to get the work done. The price was fair, and I was very happy with the results.
Old 09-05-2012, 11:02 PM
Teching In

Most people who comment....

.... have an R&D vehicle to do it with
Did Pat G tune your 955rwhp Z06?
Old 09-05-2012, 11:09 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by ppp
then why even get a race tune or track tune? just a good drivabilty shud do the trick
Old 09-05-2012, 11:16 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by danger ds
LMFAO Tune the car and sell it for you What A Deal!!!!!!!!!
Port Lavaca FTW!

I just don't see how his tunes always pick up more power
Old 09-05-2012, 11:44 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by powermad
Did Pat G tune your 955rwhp Z06?
He self builds his own cars and does all of his own tuning. His stock LS6 never failed at 750+rwhp and bruised a lot of heavy hitter egos. 955 isn't too shabby for a 347 on pump gas and meth.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:50 AM
Launching!

Pat G and Kurt are great! My old set up:

02 Z28---Daily driver Stock bottom end , Thunder racings TRAK cam: 231/234 640/595 , full bolt ons, PRC Stage 2.5 heads, 37#injectors, fast 90/90, 25% pulley , True duals w/Xpipe dumped, stock rockers, stock lifters

470rwhp, 456rwtq 1/4: in 11.24 all motor

I know those #'s are not high end, but for a stock bottom end that didn't have the BEST heads or the MOST aggresive cam, that is pretty damn good. When I idled my needle was like at around 800rpm and it look like it was painted on there,, it wouldn't move at all, a testament to how great the tune was.

I have seen a car that patrick tuned with the infamous T-REX cam, the car t had stock heads, stock bottom end. When everyone else said that this cam was for bigger displacement engines and without heads and a big intake, it would not work and be a waste....this car drove grreat with lots of power.

Plus just go visit with Pat and Kurt. I was there like 3 weeks ago. That place looks like a damn car show/museum. They had an old Chevelle, C6 Z06's, G8's , CTS-V's, 5th Gens, C5's...etc a ton of high end cars. People just drop them off and say I want 700, 800+ HP and they get it done.

Do you think someone is just gonna turn in their $50k, $70+k cars to them if they didn't trust them to get the best out of their cars? I firmly believe Patrick is the best tuner anywhere, period. I have seen it first hand. Pat is precise. When I took my car to my long time ASE cert GM mechanic after he had "tuned" it, he was in shock at how much more pat got out of it.

So Patrick is the BEST period, everyone else whose not on board ...better stop drinking that HatorAde and get with the program

Oh and the new set up on the way:

421ci LQ9, LS3 ported 250cc heads with dual spring kit up to 675 lift, 60#injectors, 248/254 Texas Giant Cam from TSP , LS7 high rev lifters, 150 shot, Monster Level 5 Clutch, ....etc etc And guess where Im taking it all to get tuned...

Last edited by ZetaVeinteOcho; 09-06-2012 at 12:56 AM.
Old 09-06-2012, 01:45 AM
TT-TECH Veteran

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by ZetaVeinteOcho
Pat G and Kurt are great! My old set up:

02 Z28---Daily driver Stock bottom end , Thunder racings TRAK cam: 231/234 640/595 , full bolt ons, PRC Stage 2.5 heads, 37#injectors, fast 90/90, 25% pulley , True duals w/Xpipe dumped, stock rockers, stock lifters

470rwhp, 456rwtq 1/4: in 11.24 all motor

I know those #'s are not high end, but for a stock bottom end that didn't have the BEST heads or the MOST aggresive cam, that is pretty damn good. When I idled my needle was like at around 800rpm and it look like it was painted on there,, it wouldn't move at all, a testament to how great the tune was.

I have seen a car that patrick tuned with the infamous T-REX cam, the car t had stock heads, stock bottom end. When everyone else said that this cam was for bigger displacement engines and without heads and a big intake, it would not work and be a waste....this car drove grreat with lots of power.

Plus just go visit with Pat and Kurt. I was there like 3 weeks ago. That place looks like a damn car show/museum. They had an old Chevelle, C6 Z06's, G8's , CTS-V's, 5th Gens, C5's...etc a ton of high end cars. People just drop them off and say I want 700, 800+ HP and they get it done.

Do you think someone is just gonna turn in their $50k, $70+k cars to them if they didn't trust them to get the best out of their cars? I firmly believe Patrick is the best tuner anywhere, period. I have seen it first hand. Pat is precise. When I took my car to my long time ASE cert GM mechanic after he had "tuned" it, he was in shock at how much more pat got out of it.

So Patrick is the BEST period, everyone else whose not on board ...better stop drinking that HatorAde and get with the program

Oh and the new set up on the way:

421ci LQ9, LS3 ported 250cc heads with dual spring kit up to 675 lift, 60#injectors, 248/254 Texas Giant Cam from TSP , LS7 high rev lifters, 150 shot, Monster Level 5 Clutch, ....etc etc And guess where Im taking it all to get tuned...
Yeah those are ok results, seen alot of cars make simular power. Glad it worked out for you. I am sure Patrick is a decent tuner. But I don't think you are qualified to say if he is the "BEST" tuner. Thats just your opinion, and that is fine. I am sure Pat is glad to have a repeat customer. And even me and my no tuning *** can get a T-Rex cam to run good, and BTW that cam has been used a LOT in the Houston area and runs decent. And your not helping the OP with these little nut hugging posts. Look back and read some of the thread and you will see he's not interested in average cars. He is looking for references from high HP sources. Again we appreciate your input thanks. Next lol! Just kidding.
Old 09-06-2012, 07:17 AM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts

I'm putting together an engine for a C6Z that is going to Pat G for the tune. We're looking for 900whp with a little bit of nitrous.
Old 09-06-2012, 08:00 AM
Launching!

Most people who comment on how great their tuner is aren't really educated enough about tuning to know if they got what they paid for or not. If they were they would just tune the car themselves.
Old 09-06-2012, 11:38 AM
Staging Lane

Old 09-06-2012, 11:53 AM
TECH Fanatic

A monkey can tune a car WOT on the dyno. That's the easiest part of tuning a car.

Driveability and getting the power to the ground are the hardest. That actually takes some thought and work.
Old 09-06-2012, 12:25 PM
ppp
Launching!

^^^^this!!
Old 09-06-2012, 01:01 PM
Formerly 4mulaJoe

Originally Posted by winters97gt
He self builds his own cars and does all of his own tuning. His stock LS6 never failed at 750+rwhp and bruised a lot of heavy hitter egos. 955 isn't too shabby for a 347 on pump gas and meth.

THIS!

I wouldn't say a monkey could tune WOT. I guess for that moment on the dyno to get a peak number, but a smart tuner is going to get you a nicer curve and longevity out of the setup.

Quick Reply: High Hp Pat G tuned ....?