Sold the chevy bought a ford

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2013, 12:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by mariojmoe
Truthfully, the older engines (pre emission) are way better and more reliable on both Gm and Dodge. With Ford on the other hand its the opposite, the 6.0's were garbage, the 6.4's got horrid fuel mileage (stock and untuned) and had their issues of their own but when the 6.7 was introduced (2011), they have been way more reliable and less thirsty.
On the down side tho, they do not respond to tunes or mods nearly as well as pre 2010 and fuel mileage hangs around 15 mpgs city/highway (small lift and 35's with heavy aftermarket wheels). H&S is done for :-( bc of damn EPA so there are some cons too but overall I do love the truck and its been a pleasure w/o any issues.
It is great that's working for you, but my neighbor has a 2012 Ford. The reason he has a 2012 is because his 2011 popped the motor almost brand new and for "safety" reasons they Gabe him his money back on the condition ha got a 20012. He also claims 12.5 MPG on stock wheels. As far as Ford goes I would revert back to 02'. Then again my wagon is a tool not a fancy nice ride like most of the $60k lunch box haulers out there. They sure do look good though.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by codyvette
Its funny how, now days people are o.k. with new vehicles having problems. I hear many many many stories of newer diesel trucks having issues from all three manufacturers. I will keep my old rattling *** 5.9 until I can no longer keep the wheels from falling off of it. It is no luxury ride, its a tool. If it ain't hauling, it ain't rollin.
Amen brother. I had a 1997 Dually 5.9 12V. Too many people have these diesel trucks as a status symbol. It's first 150k miles it had a gooseneck behind it.

I believe the 1/2 T Fords are the best offfering for has had in 40 years, but the 3/4 T and up are fugly. So are the Dodges.

Hell I did more with my S10 and TrailBlazer than most do with their diesels.(Not anyone here of course.)

If you like it, that is all that matters.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:20 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by 54inches
Amen brother. I had a 1997 Dually 5.9 12V. Too many people have these diesel trucks as a status symbol. It's first 150k miles it had a gooseneck behind it.

I believe the 1/2 T Fords are the best offfering for has had in 40 years, but the 3/4 T and up are fugly. So are the Dodges.

Hell I did more with my S10 and TrailBlazer than most do with their diesels.(Not anyone here of course.)

I actually encourage other people to buy them......helps the economy.
Old 05-09-2013, 03:51 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No offense taken but everyone has their own opinion. Its very seldom i dont get a positive compliment when i drive my super duty. Hell i get more thumbs up and attention in that than the vette and sti lol. I did buy a diesel just because too, my tundra pulled my trailer just fine but i wanted a diesel. Ford has the best looking and performing 3/4 ton+ out of the trio. Im sure there are a few bad ones out there but that not the majority.
Old 05-09-2013, 04:08 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wasnt aware that it was a mandated rule if you didnt haul or tow ****, you couldnt buy a diesel... well **** i guess i better start telling my friends how to spend their money.
Old 05-09-2013, 06:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dodges have a good engine, that's about it. Pretty decent trucks, best for towing and fuel mileage. I liked my fords the most though but they do have the worst gas mileage. My buddy had a 6.4, after all the deletes and a tune it was 20+ freeway, it would also stomp a new Camaro. The Duramaxs I had were great though, I had one that was smashed all over and never skipped a beat. Was quiet, reliable good fuel mileage and very fast.

There all good if you take care of them. Personally I think the days of the old 12v and fords are nearing an end. Hard to find one that's clean, and if you do they are the same price as a nice newer body style.

Even if you only tow every once in a while a diesel is great, hauled a car 700miles in a new LTZ Silverado, man it sucked ***. Barely did the speed limit, 5mpg towing etc. I think I spent around $800 in fuel. Would have only been a couple hundred in my old Dually.

Quick Reply: Sold the chevy bought a ford