Sold the chevy bought a ford

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2013, 12:43 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sold the chevy bought a ford

Got it yesterday with 33 miles on it It amazes me how smooth the ride is and the power to move this truck is crazy.
Attached Thumbnails Sold the chevy bought a ford-p5040032.jpg   Sold the chevy bought a ford-p5040034.jpg   Sold the chevy bought a ford-p5040037.jpg   Sold the chevy bought a ford-p5040035.jpg   Sold the chevy bought a ford-p5040033.jpg  

Old 05-05-2013, 02:33 PM
TECH Addict

Smart man
Old 05-05-2013, 02:40 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think those new Fords are so gaudy looking with their massive badges and huge bulky chrome grille. To each his own though, good luck with it.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:25 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 29 Likes on 21 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Nice truck ford's got it right on these new trucks it seems. After you put several K on it post up on the gas mileage and see how it is.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:49 AM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by stevensLS1
Got it yesterday with 33 miles on it It amazes me how smooth the ride is and the power to move this truck is crazy.

You forgot to trade your forum though. Take Turbostang with you. Just giving you a hard time.
Old 05-06-2013, 06:53 AM
Launching!

Bought my F-150 XLT SC new in 2011... best truck i have ever owned. Same color as yours.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:07 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

lol the chevy in the background is thinking "oh really bitch!"

*creeper statues*
Old 05-06-2013, 11:50 AM

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice buy, I got rid of my Sierra for an F150, couldn't be happier with the Ford. Zero complaints.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:07 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not bad!
Old 05-06-2013, 01:56 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by bp m1009
I think those new Fords are so gaudy looking with their massive badges and huge bulky chrome grille. To each his own though, good luck with it.
Yeah I had to get use to them at first and still getting use to the grille but lucky for me I am mainly looking at the steering wheel and road
Originally Posted by codyvette
You forgot to trade your forum though. Take Turbostang with you. Just giving you a hard time.

Originally Posted by Reject
lol the chevy in the background is thinking "oh really bitch!"

*creeper statues*
Hahaha at first I was like what the hell is he talking about.
Old 05-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Launching!

Very nice and very good choice. 31k on mine (purchased brand new with 7 miles) could not be any happier.
Attached Thumbnails Sold the chevy bought a ford-imag0060.jpg   Sold the chevy bought a ford-imag0063.jpg   Sold the chevy bought a ford-imag0061.jpg  
Old 05-07-2013, 07:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, my dad just purchased a 13' 250 King Ranch Crew and he's loving it. I like the king ranch as they don't have the gaudy powerstroke badges and are a little more subtle. I'm amazed at how quiet they are as I can't even hear my dads truck when he pulls into our driveway. Also, I did find it amazing that to remove or work on the motor you have to lift the cab off the frame as it takes up so much room it cannot be removed from the hood opening. He does have one problem with his brakes they are sorting out as the front brakes are grabbing at different pressures under hard braking causing the truck to jump lanes. Tomball Ford is trying to figure it out.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:28 AM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by DAVE00
Nice, my dad just purchased a 13' 250 King Ranch Crew and he's loving it. I like the king ranch as they don't have the gaudy powerstroke badges and are a little more subtle. I'm amazed at how quiet they are as I can't even hear my dads truck when he pulls into our driveway. Also, I did find it amazing that to remove or work on the motor you have to lift the cab off the frame as it takes up so much room it cannot be removed from the hood opening. He does have one problem with his brakes they are sorting out as the front brakes are grabbing at different pressures under hard braking causing the truck to jump lanes. Tomball Ford is trying to figure it out.
Its funny how, now days people are o.k. with new vehicles having problems. I hear many many many stories of newer diesel trucks having issues from all three manufacturers. I will keep my old rattling *** 5.9 until I can no longer keep the wheels from falling off of it. It is no luxury ride, its a tool. If it ain't hauling, it ain't rollin.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:44 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by mariojmoe
Very nice and very good choice. 31k on mine (purchased brand new with 7 miles) could not be any happier.
Nice truck man! Joe Myers on 290 I assume?
Originally Posted by DAVE00
When the quiet diesel trucks came out I didn't like them but they aren't as bad especially making the power they do Keep us updated on that braking issue.
Old 05-07-2013, 01:46 PM
TECH Enthusiast

OP congrats on your purchase. Should have got a Cummins **** so should have I :/ but My hemi feels like it can pull a house !
Old 05-07-2013, 01:56 PM
Banned

great buy! those F250s are nice!!
Old 05-07-2013, 02:34 PM
Staging Lane

Super Swamper Boggers??? Too soon? Sweet truck man it has been a long time coming.
Old 05-07-2013, 04:12 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by codyvette
Its funny how, now days people are o.k. with new vehicles having problems. I hear many many many stories of newer diesel trucks having issues from all three manufacturers.
Agreed. However, many of the problems are with all of the govt mandated smog or safety equipment. Its just more parts for the manufacturers to figure out, throw onto the truck and find a way to make it work with everything else. I ordered my truck in 06 before all the new emmission started hitting because I was worried about what it would do to them.

I am liking the look of the new Fords more and more. I am still leary of anything that you have to remove the cab to do any major work because I like to do all of my own work once passed the warranty. They do pull really well according to all of the people I have run into towing with them.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:52 AM
TECH Resident

LS1Tech 10 Year

Originally Posted by LeadfootDuramax
Agreed. However, many of the problems are with all of the govt mandated smog or safety equipment. Its just more parts for the manufacturers to figure out, throw onto the truck and find a way to make it work with everything else. I ordered my truck in 06 before all the new emmission started hitting because I was worried about what it would do to them.

I am liking the look of the new Fords more and more. I am still leary of anything that you have to remove the cab to do any major work because I like to do all of my own work once passed the warranty. They do pull really well according to all of the people I have run into towing with them.
Yes sir, I did the same.(06' Dodge 5.9) The smog b.s. is mandated and not the manufacturer's fault, but it is there problem. As far as them pulling well, I hear the same things. Fuel economy and reliability on the other hand, not so good. I hope they get it all worked out before the wheels fall off my old horse.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:42 AM
Launching!

Truthfully, the older engines (pre emission) are way better and more reliable on both Gm and Dodge. With Ford on the other hand its the opposite, the 6.0's were garbage, the 6.4's got horrid fuel mileage (stock and untuned) and had their issues of their own but when the 6.7 was introduced (2011), they have been way more reliable and less thirsty.
On the down side tho, they do not respond to tunes or mods nearly as well as pre 2010 and fuel mileage hangs around 15 mpgs city/highway (small lift and 35's with heavy aftermarket wheels). H&S is done for :-( bc of damn EPA so there are some cons too but overall I do love the truck and its been a pleasure w/o any issues.

Quick Reply: Sold the chevy bought a ford