Recent University of Houston and San Jacinto College graduate looking for AutoCad job

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2013, 06:41 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Recent University of Houston and San Jacinto College graduate looking for AutoCad job

Ls1tech/Texas

After many years reading threads related to work/oil field I figured this would be a great place to look for help in my job hunt.

I recently graduated from the University of Houston and from San Jacinto College, and earned two different degrees which ill list below. My goal is to find a job as a draftsman designing pipe, but im open to any other declines. Im looking for an entry level position since I only have class room experience.

Here is a portion of my resume:

Objective
My objective is to secure a position as an AutoCad draftsman. I anticipate that my experience and academic skills will add value to organizational operations.

Education
University of Houston Main Campus- College of Technology
B.S. in Organizational Leadership and Supervision- May 2013
Minor in Spanish Linguistics- May 10, 2013

San Jacinto College
A.A.S. in Engineering Design Graphics
Petrochemical/Industrial- May 10, 2013
A.A. General Studies- Aug 2011
Certificate of Specialization in Engineering Design Graphics Piping- June 2010
Certificate of Specialization in Engineering Design Graphics Instrumentation- June 2010
Certificate of Specialization in Engineering Design Graphics Civil- June 2010

Qualifications
Program knowledge in: Autodesk AutoCad 2012, Autodesk Invertor 2012, and PDMS.
Understand concepts and practices regarding: Project Leadership, Team Leadership, Production and Service Operations, and Quality Improvement Methods.

Im currently looking for work on: Monster.com, Oil Careers.com, LinkedIn,Indeed.com, and Craigslist. Im might also seek help from a recruitment firm is something does not materialize soon.

Im also in the process of securing a TWIC card (Transportation Work Identification Credential) in case the opportunity arises to work near a port in a chemical plant.

Any help would be appreciated many times over.

Roger
Old 05-30-2013, 08:08 PM
Destroyer of Exotics

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Text sent
Old 05-30-2013, 08:11 PM
Staging Lane

Check out TechConnect (College of Technology) and UCS websites, more for recent grads with little to no experience.
Old 05-30-2013, 09:31 PM
On The Tree

My company was looking for some help in the AutoCad dept. Oilfield related for sure, but it would definitely be an office job. Not sure if they are still looking though. Give them a try if you like.
I dunno who the head of drafting dept is. I work in field technical services and am rarely in the office.
IEC Systems
4514 Brittmoore, Houston
(281) 469-2700

Quick Reply: Recent University of Houston and San Jacinto College graduate looking for AutoCad job