SCT-Houston

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 10:38 AM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default SCT-Houston

Anyone have any info on where they are going to do it this year? From what i could see the FB page didn't have any info on Houston. I heard RPR gave them them the boot.. Any truth to that? If so that sucks, Id like to do a little roll racing.

Also i talked to Peter this morning and the "fall session" of TX2K is a no go.. That's what he told me anyways.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:38 PM
8 Second Club

Default SCT-Houston

No one plans to go to SCT?
Old 06-02-2015, 11:40 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i think its canceled bro
Old 06-03-2015, 07:31 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by v8sten
i think its canceled bro
Well that sucks.. Houston is in need of some better (more) events
Old 06-03-2015, 08:58 AM
Staging Lane

That would really suck if it was cancelled... Been getting my car ready and really looking forward to it since 2k.

I knew RPR had some issues but damn, not even in Sealy? OR elsewhere in Texas?
Old 06-03-2015, 09:36 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by gtslo88
That would really suck if it was cancelled... Been getting my car ready and really looking forward to it since 2k.

I knew RPR had some issues but damn, not even in Sealy? OR elsewhere in Texas?
I wonder what happened with RPR? Also the fact that TX2K is the only gig in town sucks.. I feel like someone needs to step up and organize something else.
Old 06-03-2015, 10:43 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

Figure there would be something. If the forums were active like they used to be, I would probably try to see if we could make a track list for street cars. Would be fun and legal, no bullshit.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:05 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
Figure there would be something. If the forums were active like they used to be, I would probably try to see if we could make a track list for street cars. Would be fun and legal, no bullshit.
I would be down with that for sure. My brother in law is an organizer for big events like "mud runs" etc. The company he works for travels all over the country setting up **** like that. Ive been talking with him lately about what it would take to host a big event like SCT etc.
Old 06-03-2015, 11:58 AM
In-Zane Moderator

I want a real street Houston event. Call it a list or whatever. Cars that can drive all over at 75 mph on the freeway speed limit and get gas at any fuel station with minimal alteration to the wheel wells.

No racecar said with the people that have the most money winning. Even though that's how it usually plays out, the regular joe has a shot.
Old 06-03-2015, 12:15 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
I want a real street Houston event. Call it a list or whatever. Cars that can drive all over at 75 mph on the freeway speed limit and get gas at any fuel station with minimal alteration to the wheel wells.

No racecar said with the people that have the most money winning. Even though that's how it usually plays out, the regular joe has a shot.

The old nmra nmca true street events were a lot of fun.

Pretty much the only event I ever raced my cars in.

Cruised 25 or 30 miles and ran 3 back to back races.

Who gives a **** about fuel though.
Old 06-03-2015, 05:02 PM
10 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

By SCT , do you mean Street Car Takeover?

If so it is scheduled to be in Houston September. Its still on there website but some info removed. I assume at RPR bc lonestar has no desire to open to the public.

From what i gathered last year it had better street class rules than tx2k or bayou drag.

3 Events this year i was looking forward to racing in

Tx2k
Bayou Drag
Street Car Takeover

Tx2k was fun, had an issue but atleast made a couple of passes.
Unfortunately Bayou drag was cancelled bc of rain (damnit) But what i hear is they WILL have the event this yeat but who knows when.
SCT- in Sept? cant get here fast enough

In the meantime im just sitting here starring at my car waiting for the right friday to go test my car at RPR.

Ocsc, you were talking about doing some cypress meet up not to long ago. ive been eagerly waiting to see if anything popped up, I even took it out to mexico not to long ago just to get edge off.

OH and lets not forgets Stance's Dig night! that will be fun, Id love to enter in this but im not so sure.
Old 06-03-2015, 08:26 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Originally Posted by blackonblacksls
The old nmra nmca true street events were a lot of fun.

Pretty much the only event I ever raced my cars in.

Cruised 25 or 30 miles and ran 3 back to back races.

Who gives a **** about fuel though.
Keeps the field more competitive for those that want to run that are not baller status. Make it fun for everyone, not just the ******** with more money than the average guy. High compression and race fuel call for parts and power numbers out of reach for the average street guy that would like to attempt a event like this. I know I wouldn't waste my time racing cars that run on race fuel with my pump gas car.
Old 06-03-2015, 09:11 PM
TECH Junkie

rules upon rules, then more rules on said rules.
Old 06-04-2015, 03:50 AM
In-Zane Moderator

If there are no rules there is no turn out. Got to have something for everyone to be able to play. I don't want to run a drag radial but I would
If we had to have one. Otherwise, race cars show up to race street cars. Why would anyone want to race their street car against race cars?
Old 06-04-2015, 08:21 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1nverted
By SCT , do you mean Street Car Takeover?

If so it is scheduled to be in Houston September. Its still on there website but some info removed. I assume at RPR bc lonestar has no desire to open to the public.

From what i gathered last year it had better street class rules than tx2k or bayou drag.

3 Events this year i was looking forward to racing in

Tx2k
Bayou Drag
Street Car Takeover

Tx2k was fun, had an issue but atleast made a couple of passes.
Unfortunately Bayou drag was cancelled bc of rain (damnit) But what i hear is they WILL have the event this yeat but who knows when.
SCT- in Sept? cant get here fast enough

In the meantime im just sitting here starring at my car waiting for the right friday to go test my car at RPR.

Ocsc, you were talking about doing some cypress meet up not to long ago. ive been eagerly waiting to see if anything popped up, I even took it out to mexico not to long ago just to get edge off.

OH and lets not forgets Stance's Dig night! that will be fun, Id love to enter in this but im not so sure.

Well said. Those are basically the only 3 events any street car guy has to look forward to around Houston and Yes i was referring to Street car takeover. I wasn't able to find any info on their site but maybe i'm blind. I also heard RPR shut them down for one reason or another. As far as sealy goes.. I dont get what their deal is? Its like they refuse to open the track.. Maybe Hennessy just doesn't give a **** about us "Broke dick racers"...

I never really put any effort into a cypress meet due to the lack of interest in it. I suppose i could make a proper thread and try to get some guys lined up. Im kind of in the same boat as you though, Just waiting for the right friday to hit the track. I don't really street race so the whole "dig night" thing seems kinda of stupid to me especially with this whole "no prep" fad..

The more time goes on the more i want to put effort into organizing a proper event so were not stuck twit-ling our thumbs for half the year waiting for a good event. I mean this is houston where its warm 75% of the year..
Old 06-04-2015, 09:45 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by oscs
Well said. Those are basically the only 3 events any street car guy has to look forward to around Houston and Yes i was referring to Street car takeover. I wasn't able to find any info on their site but maybe i'm blind. I also heard RPR shut them down for one reason or another. As far as sealy goes.. I dont get what their deal is? Its like they refuse to open the track.. Maybe Hennessy just doesn't give a **** about us "Broke dick racers"...

I never really put any effort into a cypress meet due to the lack of interest in it. I suppose i could make a proper thread and try to get some guys lined up. Im kind of in the same boat as you though, Just waiting for the right friday to hit the track. I don't really street race so the whole "dig night" thing seems kinda of stupid to me especially with this whole "no prep" fad..

The more time goes on the more i want to put effort into organizing a proper event so were not stuck twit-ling our thumbs for half the year waiting for a good event. I mean this is houston where its warm 75% of the year..

I was reading a post on facebook a while back where Hennessy was was saying they were going to reduce the open dates to the public (reason unknown) . After he was roasted in the comments he re posted asking the public if they would come to the track if he raised the fee to race to $30 , or if anyone would be open to coming on a saturday for $40 , this is for TnT.

Why doesn't RPR do TnT on Saturdays?? I would bet money this is the one day of the week everyone is out with there cars wanting to do something, i work on Fridays so its difficult but doable to get to there Tnt in a timely manner.. For jesus sake, open Tnt Saturday nights! lol

I have a theory that Hennessy had promised open dates to races like Bayou Drag, then after they decided to not open to the public they are trying to find any excuse possible to back out of the races. They cancel events a week and a half before the date due to rain. ( ie bayou drag, nolstagic drag i believe was cancelled, and weren't they supposed to host pro mods? )

Anyways..... maybe ill run into you one of these days at rpr, ill come say hi if i see you out there or in the cypress areas lol
Old 06-04-2015, 09:51 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by 1nverted
I was reading a post on facebook a while back where Hennessy was was saying they were going to reduce the open dates to the public (reason unknown) . After he was roasted in the comments he re posted asking the public if they would come to the track if he raised the fee to race to $30 , or if anyone would be open to coming on a saturday for $40 , this is for TnT.

Why doesn't RPR do TnT on Saturdays?? I would bet money this is the one day of the week everyone is out with there cars wanting to do something, i work on Fridays so its difficult but doable to get to there Tnt in a timely manner.. For jesus sake, open Tnt Saturday nights! lol

I have a theory that Hennessy had promised open dates to races like Bayou Drag, then after they decided to not open to the public they are trying to find any excuse possible to back out of the races. They cancel events a week and a half before the date due to rain. ( ie bayou drag, nolstagic drag i believe was cancelled, and weren't they supposed to host pro mods? )

Anyways..... maybe ill run into you one of these days at rpr, ill come say hi if i see you out there or in the cypress areas lol

$40 to run at a half *** track? Is he high? I heard they canceled bayou drags due to the "mud" and "rut" conditions that would have insued from the rain.. That makes sense to me.

I too work fridays and its a pain getting all the way out to bay town in a timely manner. I have to load up the car thursday, pull it in morning traffic and leave straight from work. Saturday TNT at RPR would be AWESOME!

Also what do you drive?
Old 06-04-2015, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

$40 to run at a half *** track? Is he high? I heard they canceled bayou drags due to the "mud" and "rut" conditions that would have insued from the rain.. That makes sense to me.

I too work fridays and its a pain getting all the way out to bay town in a timely manner. I have to load up the car thursday, pull it in morning traffic and leave straight from work. Saturday TNT at RPR would be AWESOME!

Also what do you drive?
I have a 02 TA, and a C6.

The Trans Am is my pride and joy, ive been working on it for the last year! finally finished for the most part, and ready to race.

i have only made motor passes thus far at the track, ready to let the nitrous flow on the new setup!

At Tx2k :

Old 06-04-2015, 10:32 AM
8 Second Club

Very clean car. I don't remember seeing it at TX2k15 though.
Old 06-04-2015, 10:38 AM
10 Second Club

Very clean car. I don't remember seeing it at TX2k15 though.
Thanks! only made a couple of passes. i was in the street class at first. i ended up having to leave get an alternator, installed it and made a couple of more passes lol

Quick Reply: SCT-Houston