Anyone able to do a pre-sale inspection on a 4th gen Trans Am in Dallas Area?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2015, 11:58 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Anyone able to do a pre-sale inspection on a 4th gen Trans Am in Dallas Area?

I'm looking for someone who knows their LS1's to go through a car I am looking at buying, and let me know if there are any issues. Car is in Carrollton, TX. I would like a full inspection, including leak down and compression. I'd also like a guess at mods, since there seems to be come uncertainty there.

If anyone offers this service in that area, or knows of a shop that does, please let me know.

Thanks!

- Matt
Old 06-19-2015, 05:43 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i may be able to help you out besides the compression and leak down. ive never done those before.
Old 06-20-2015, 01:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Carrollton and Addison are notorious for small private dealerships. They all buy from auctions all over the country and try to flip them in their showrooms. I was looking for a daily driver and went to look at a few cars in that area. I wasn't satisfied with any of the vehicles and felt the sales guys were trying to pull a fast one over on me. I would be especially weary about buying a car from them without seeing it in person.
Old 06-20-2015, 12:28 PM
ASSuming On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If it's not a private sale, I wouldn't buy it. Same for an auction car, I'd never buy it.
Old 07-09-2015, 10:42 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 523 Likes on 372 Posts

Just saw this, if you still need it done, we do pre purchase inspections where I work. PM me and i'll get you taken care of. I'll do a compression check but not a leak down, don't have a leak down tester because I don't really need one, if compression is low I can find the leak other ways. If you want a full inspection and compression test it isn't cheap either, prepare to spend about $150-200. It's a lengthy process to do a proper pre purchase check. We can do a fairly thorough (more thorough than most would do for you) pre purchase check for much less though if we do it our normal way.

Quick Reply: Anyone able to do a pre-sale inspection on a 4th gen Trans Am in Dallas Area?