Terrible-southwest classics-terrible

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 11:08 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Default Terrible-southwest classics-terrible

STAY AWAY! After a long drawn out dispute I have come to the realization that Southwest Classics in Arlington TX is not going to do right by me and leaves me no choice but to tell my story and hope NOBODY BUYS THERE!

5-2-2015
Bought 2 front fenders and a 2" cowl induction hood at PATE swap meet -Texas Motor Speedway. Didn't have drivers fender on site had to order.

5-12-2015
picked up LH fender from Southwest Classics- I live in Palmer TX, 42.7 miles from Southwest Classics.

5-13-2015
Test fit fenders and hood. Found that LH fender was stamped incorrectly. Contacted Southwest Classics and told them the issue. Was told they would order a replacement and contact me when it arrived.

5-21-2015
Drove back to southwest classics with incorrectly stamped fender to exchange for replacement. 42.7 miles each way. The replacement had the same issue. Was told they would order a replacement from another facility in California.

6-25-2015
After calling multiple times and checking on status, was told that the replacement was there and was ready for exchange. Drove to Southwest Classics. 42.7 miles each way. Replacement was good, spoke with owner Tony Farmer, and was told that in order to make this terrible situation right he would give a good deal on some other parts. We agreed on $100 for a used rear spoiler set he had at his house. He was supposed to send me pictures of the spoiler that afternoon.

7-22-2015
TODAY AFTER CALLING EVERY WEEK 2 TIMES A WEEK SINCE 6-25-2015 TONY INFORMED ME THAT HE COULDNT FIND THE SPOILER AND THAT THE BEST HE COULD DO FOR ME WAS $50 OFF A REPOP SET OF SPOILER PIECES. TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. CANT EVEN COUNT THE TIMES I WAS TOLD TONY HIMSELF WOULD CALL ME BACK AND NEVER RECIEVED A PHONE CALL. IN THE END I HAD TO TRICK HIM INTO GETTING ON THE PHONE WITH ME. AFTER DRIVING BACK AND FORTH 3 TIMES AND CALLING FOR A MONTH STRAIGHT AND GETTING DODGED, THE BEST HE COULD OFFER ME WAS $50 OFF. SORRY TONY BUT THAT IS DAMN SLAP IN THE FACE.

DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, DO NOT DO BUSINESS THERE!
Old 07-22-2015, 12:55 PM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

I was gonna buy from there for my pops chevelle project. Thanks for the heads up. Also, keep in mind anything repop is not going to fit without modification.
Old 07-22-2015, 01:28 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by joeformula
I was gonna buy from there for my pops chevelle project. Thanks for the heads up. Also, keep in mind anything repop is not going to fit without modification.
agreed on the repops, that's not what caused this post though. It was the customer service, lack there of.
Old 09-10-2015, 03:32 PM
TECH Enthusiast

BUMP for bad customer service
Old 09-11-2015, 01:00 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lonestar Parts in Canton
(903) 567-7827
Folks helped me out after the set of parts all got stolen from me Nice people
Old 09-11-2015, 01:31 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ravenous T\A
Lonestar Parts in Canton
(903) 567-7827
Folks helped me out after the set of parts all got stolen from me Nice people
Good to know, after SWC did me that way I'm trying ANYONE else!
Old 09-14-2015, 11:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

been that way for years. only way i buy there if it is the last resort, and even then i do some research to make sure.
Old 09-14-2015, 11:15 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by M6 Swap
Good to know, after SWC did me that way I'm trying ANYONE else!
So, you bought a part at a swap meet knowing that you would have to drive to their shop to pick up the parts in arlington.

They are ordering the parts for you from the manufacturer and the manufactuerer messed up your order. They ordered you the part three times to make it right and you are upset because they wouldn't give you gas money even though you agreed to come pick the parts up from them in the first place. And now that you got the correct part, and they are offering you $50 for the hassle, you think they are a terrible company

You act like they owe you something more than what you agreed to. You did agree to all of this when you understood you would have to drive to arlington to deal with them if any issues came up

With several other shops screwing people out of motors, parts, and even cars I really don't think this qualifies as TERRIBLE when you got exactly what you ordered
Old 09-16-2015, 07:56 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chrysler kid
So, you bought a part at a swap meet knowing that you would have to drive to their shop to pick up the parts in arlington.

They are ordering the parts for you from the manufacturer and the manufactuerer messed up your order. They ordered you the part three times to make it right and you are upset because they wouldn't give you gas money even though you agreed to come pick the parts up from them in the first place. And now that you got the correct part, and they are offering you $50 for the hassle, you think they are a terrible company

You act like they owe you something more than what you agreed to. You did agree to all of this when you understood you would have to drive to arlington to deal with them if any issues came up

With several other shops screwing people out of motors, parts, and even cars I really don't think this qualifies as TERRIBLE when you got exactly what you ordered
This.......

Chad
Old 09-19-2015, 11:29 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by chrysler kid

Yea I'm not seeing the issue... You got your feelings hurt over $30 in gas?
Old 09-20-2015, 09:31 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Head Hunter
Yea I'm not seeing the issue... You got your feelings hurt over $30 in gas?
So are telling me that after reading this thread you will still shop there....
Old 09-20-2015, 07:17 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

I honestly don't see this as a huge deal at all. If they are a distributor for the manufacturer, they are at the mercy of the manufacturer's production and shipping schedules. The first one being 8 days isn't bad, the 2nd one being a month is not great, but none of us know the factors involved there. Could have been production delays, could have been an issue on your end or their end. We don't know. The only problem I see is the owner's lack of return communication with you when you said you called twice a week for a month.

In the end, you got your part as agreed, with an offer for a discount on another part you're interested in to boot.
Old 09-20-2015, 07:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SnIpEz
I honestly don't see this as a huge deal at all. If they are a distributor for the manufacturer, they are at the mercy of the manufacturer's production and shipping schedules. The first one being 8 days isn't bad, the 2nd one being a month is not great, but none of us know the factors involved there. Could have been production delays, could have been an issue on your end or their end. We don't know. The only problem I see is the owner's lack of return communication with you when you said you called twice a week for a month.

In the end, you got your part as agreed, with an offer for a discount on another part you're interested in to boot.
Bet you won't spend $$$ there. Place sux
Old 09-21-2015, 04:49 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts

Bet I won't either, since I'm not restoring a classic car, nor plan to. However, if I was I wouldn't rule them out based on this post.
Old 09-24-2015, 10:41 PM
11 Second Club

So are telling me that after reading this thread you will still shop there....
Absolutely - why wouldn't I?
Old 09-25-2015, 06:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Head Hunter
Absolutely - why wouldn't I?
You have been warned! Ya he offered me $50 off a $300 part but my time , all the back and forth, is worth more than $50, not to mention the gas.
Old 09-25-2015, 07:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

You have been warned! Ya he offered me $50 off a $300 part but my time , all the back and forth, is worth more than $50, not to mention the gas.
How old are you?
Old 09-25-2015, 11:44 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
How old are you?
Old nuff to buy parts
Old 09-25-2015, 01:27 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dgcustomz
How old are you?