Formula 1 USGP, Austin, TX 10/23/15-10/25/15

Old 09-10-2015, 04:12 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Exclamation Formula 1 USGP, Austin, TX 10/23/15-10/25/15

The Circuit Of The Americas in Austin, TX is host for this year's Formula 1 United States Grand Prix. The event is scheduled for October 23rd through October 25th. Is anyone here attending this event? Tickets are going fast but there should still be some seats available or General Admission tickets.
My birthday is November 23rd, so I invited some friends to celebrate with me a month early in Austin. So far there's at least 12 of us driving down there from Dallas. We just purchased the General Admission tickets since we will probably be all over the place. We're also planning to check out to the downtown bar district afterwards. We are still looking for a place to rent for the weekend, however. Does anyone here have a vacation home for rent in the area or know of any leads to one?
Old 09-10-2015, 09:22 AM
TECH Regular

www.vrbo.com

Better hurry up, rooms and what-not fill up fast for that event. At least they have in the past. I might show up and watch some practice sessions on Saturday, Sunday is such a clusterfuck for the small amount of racing that gets done IMO. More fun to watch it in a bar with racing fans. Then again, I live here and am not coming in for the experience.

As far as bars, downtown is where you want to be. Im sure they will be doing the F1 Experience downtown again, so there should be plenty of parties in the area.
Old 09-10-2015, 05:04 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dirty send me your number I might be able to help you out if interested
Old 09-10-2015, 06:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by charlie_gonzales
Dirty send me your number I might be able to help you out if interested
PM sent.

Originally Posted by DSIM
www.vrbo.com

Better hurry up, rooms and what-not fill up fast for that event. At least they have in the past. I might show up and watch some practice sessions on Saturday, Sunday is such a clusterfuck for the small amount of racing that gets done IMO. More fun to watch it in a bar with racing fans. Then again, I live here and am not coming in for the experience.

As far as bars, downtown is where you want to be. Im sure they will be doing the F1 Experience downtown again, so there should be plenty of parties in the area.
Thanks, I will look into it.
Old 09-10-2015, 08:55 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Will be there again this year in a group of 15+ people.

Not sure where you got the "tickets are going fast" thing, but there are still plenty of grandstand and bleacher seats available. Just actually bought some more tickets today directly from the track. Sucks though that there are no bleachers at Turn 11 at all this year. We have been in Turn 11 East every year.

Was able to reserve a bunch of reasonably priced hotel rooms again right after last year's race. Have to stay a few miles outside downtown, though. Last year worked nicely since the Holiday Inn Airport screwd up my reservation and they relocated us to the Holiday Inn right on the river and I35 within walking distance of all the action downtown.
Old 09-11-2015, 08:58 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by Texfinn

Not sure where you got the "tickets are going fast" thing
I didnt say tickets, I said rooms. Although there has been a steady decline in attendance every year so maybe the hotel situation wont be as bad as it has been. I think a few new hotels have even gone up in the area since last years race.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:28 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DSIM
I didnt say tickets, I said rooms. Although there has been a steady decline in attendance every year so maybe the hotel situation wont be as bad as it has been. I think a few new hotels have even gone up in the area since last years race.
Yup. But OP did.

Hotels are definitely a different situation. Hence, the earlier the reservation is made the better. I got mine in also before they realized to jack up the prices.
Old 09-11-2015, 10:44 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by texfinn
yup. But op did.

hotels are definitely a different situation. Hence, the earlier the reservation is made the better. I got mine in also before they realized to jack up the prices.
need moar coffee!
Old 10-22-2015, 01:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

The time has come! I ended up booking a home for 14 thru VRBO for Fri, Sat, and Sun.
Unfortunately, nearly half of my group backed out last minute and now I have 5 General Admission tickets that I'm still trying to figure out what to do with. :-/
Old 10-22-2015, 09:04 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Too bad that it looks like the weather is going to suck... Oh well..., we'll start heading down there 8.00am tomorrow morning.
Old 10-22-2015, 09:25 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Texfinn
Too bad that it looks like the weather is going to suck... Oh well..., we'll start heading down there 8.00am tomorrow morning.
Same here.
Old 10-23-2015, 12:54 PM
TECH Regular

Ive got my tickets but I dont think I will be attending tomorrow... MAYBE Sunday depending on the weather.
Old 10-26-2015, 12:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Damn... The weather sucked about billion times more than I ever could have imagined, but at least the race on Sunday was actually pretty entertaining.
Old 10-26-2015, 01:55 PM
TECH Regular

I didnt go Saturday for family reasons (and rain), but I did take my 9 year old to the race on Sunday. I got there about 1230, didnt think the weather was all that bad... the mud however...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Formula 1 USGP, Austin, TX 10/23/15-10/25/15