SO much for the oilfield!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2016, 07:34 AM
8 Second Club

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by blown6.0L
Premium threaded upper and lower subs for us. Not sire what else they are making. I know they have the capability to make swell packers as well. They bought all the equipment for Baker for swell packers.
Subs are great work for us, right in our wheel house. Who do you work for?
Old 09-26-2016, 08:38 AM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by oscs
Yeah we like to see that lol! our production facility took a dump. Were operating at 25% of what we use to. However just this morning I was walking around a new customer and it looks like we are getting a fresh 10pcs order coming in. Things are starting to shape up a bit.
S&S i assume ?

10pcs, quick $Million sale potential which is great for everyone.

Even if prices pick back up, the focus will be in West Texas which has much lower pressures and its just so much easier on equipment in general, especially the fluidends. Shoot, introduction of SS fluidends saw a big decrease in consumption and since being up here I cant recall the last time i saw a failure.
Old 09-26-2016, 08:42 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by tribaltalon
you have to be careful though, the oilfield hasn't recovered yet by a long shot. I've been watching all the land companies get up and running just to shut right back down and close everything down again. It's getting REAL ugly offshore. I think it's going to take years and years for the shelf market to come back.
I agree with this. Offshore just doesnt make sense to me in terms of risk/profit with whats been found in the Permian. Exploring will and should always continue but the shelf just seems foolish at this point and time and a good way into the future.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:15 AM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by bigbad76nova
S&S i assume ?

10pcs, quick $Million sale potential which is great for everyone.

Even if prices pick back up, the focus will be in West Texas which has much lower pressures and its just so much easier on equipment in general, especially the fluidends. Shoot, introduction of SS fluidends saw a big decrease in consumption and since being up here I cant recall the last time i saw a failure.
We are contract manufacturing not an outfit so the numbers are a bit less. For me personally a 10 pcs fluid end order is still great work even though we can do 200 a month.. Also in this market I'll take a new customer any day of the week.

Stainless steel is new thing man. Almost everything we do now is SS. V mod is a thing of the past. Hell we have a customer toying around with the idea of titanium! Doubt it will happen though. No one is going to foot the bill for that forging.
Old 09-26-2016, 09:24 AM
Teching In

We are contract manufacturing not an outfit so the numbers are a bit less. For me personally a 10 pcs fluid end order is still great work even though we can do 200 a month.. Also in this market I'll take a new customer any day of the week.

Stainless steel is new thing man. Almost everything we do now is SS. V mod is a thing of the past. Hell we have a customer toying around with the idea of titanium! Doubt it will happen though. No one is going to foot the bill for that forging.
Gotcha and makes sense as my numbers are the ticket prices...haha

Ti Seems a bit WAY overkill based on what i seen the SS deal with and live to tell the story, especially for the cost, like you said. Any company considering Ti at this point has other issues to line out before looking at the FE, or they are off into some wild high pressures you only hear stories of...
Old 09-27-2016, 06:08 PM
Teching In

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Subs are great work for us, right in our wheel house. Who do you work for?
I work for Weatherford
Old 02-08-2017, 09:28 AM
8 Second Club

The dust has settled a bit and q1 2017 is well under its way. Hows it looking out there for you guys?
Old 02-11-2017, 02:37 AM
8 Second Truck Club

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I finally went back to work on January 23 after being out of work since December 1 2015.

I sure hope it is here to stay for a while as being unemployed for about 13 months took a serious toll on my financial health.
Old 02-11-2017, 06:16 AM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Blown06
I finally went back to work on January 23 after being out of work since December 1 2015.

I sure hope it is here to stay for a while as being unemployed for about 13 months took a serious toll on my financial health.
Very good to hear.

We still have one more small round of layoffs going but things are definitely settling out now.
Old 02-12-2017, 10:55 AM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ahawes
Housing market out here in Midland is still MOSTLY holding tough as well, and we sure as hell aren't diverse in economy. Odd thing for sure.
I read this and laughed because of how true it is. I have been in Midland for about 16 mos this time. $150-$200/sq ft for sell or rent. They seem to be lower now then they have been for sometime, but a $90,000 1,200sq/ft 30 year old house run down sitting in most places in Texas is $200K+ here. And then they tack on the FU we're Midland Tax. So you end up with yearly property taxes at about $6K-$7K a year. No water, no grass, nothing but dirt and wind. There are tons of places hiring at the moment, but they don't pay much. It makes it hard to justify coming here for work with the over inflated prices.
Old 02-13-2017, 03:06 PM
8 Second Club

Originally Posted by Blown06

Good to hear
Old 04-16-2017, 08:34 PM
8 Second Club

Bumping this one up
Old 04-17-2017, 10:06 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've been watching the oilfield with interest. Happy to have gotten out but still have a lot of friends sticking it out, hoping for the best for them. It just seems like there's an awful lot of holes being poked still for the price of crude.
Old 06-20-2017, 04:47 PM
Launching!

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ahawes
I've been watching the oilfield with interest. Happy to have gotten out but still have a lot of friends sticking it out, hoping for the best for them. It just seems like there's an awful lot of holes being poked still for the price of crude.

Most out here in West Texas are just trying to maintain leases. They spend lots of money on the leasing side and don't want to lose too much by letting them go
Old 06-23-2017, 09:55 AM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Still making it for now. Company was just bought by one of our major competitors and secures work through the end of the year at least. Cant complain about that.

Quick Reply: SO much for the oilfield!!!