Austin to San Antonio area turbo help

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 12:29 PM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Austin to San Antonio area turbo help

Ok, I am about to pull the engine out for the rebuild in prepping for the turbo setup. I am still buying the turbo parts so I am not ready right now. But this is my first turbo build and I am still learning about them and all the parts I need. I wanted to see if there was someone around my area that might be willing to come by the house, look at the truck and help me figure out the proper layout of piping and such, which will help me figure out what I need to buy. And if this person wanted to help build it then that's even cooler. I just don't want to screw something up and go BOOM when I stand on it the first time. LOL. Or even worse, not work right at all.

I was going to go with a twin setup in the bed, but I might try to do a single under the hood or even in the bed. Again, first time doing one.
Old 12-01-2015, 10:08 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll be in SA in a week or two and could possibly go by. But you have nothing to worry about, do your research. Have the engine built for boost, plenty of fuel and air. Most importantly a GREAT tune. I've gone from 5lbs to 15lbs with a great tuner and absolutely no issues. Make sure your hot parts aren't touching any fuel or oil lines.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:28 AM
TECH Resident

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a thread on the info already. Haven't updated it in a while since I am still buying parts. https://ls1tech.com/forums/forced-in...ere-we-go.html

For the engine build I have Morell 5315 lifters, BTR .660 double springs with Ti retainers, BTR .080 pushrods, double roller timing set, GM high volume oil pump, gen 4 rods and pistons that will get balanced with ARP bolts, Siemens 80lb injectors, TU2 cam. I still need bearings, rings and gasket set. I will get these parts once I know the correct bearings and rings from the machine shop. I am hoping all stock sized bearings and rings work. I don't want to bore it or turn the crank. Should be fine since it runs great right now.

Only turbo parts I have right now is a Turbosmart Race port 50mm BOV. Also bought an older but new 2 step. I need everything else. twins would be nice, but I may be able to get what I need or am looking for out of a single setup. In street drive mode, I would like to be around 5-600 rwhp. But I would love it to be capable for up to 900-1000rwhp at the track in case I find a good grudge money race. Oh and yes, I will put a full cage in it as well.

I don't have a tuner yet, I have no clue who or where to go to.

Quick Reply: Austin to San Antonio area turbo help