1969 Camaro project update - Page 3 - LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

1969 Camaro project update

Old 01-16-2017, 09:26 PM   #41
Sex On Wheels

We may be a decent run :-). I'll need the hit or something. I'm a small tire after all.
will69camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 01:59 PM   #42

don't let the big tires fool you...the 33x22 sportsman tire is useless. a 275 mickey Thompson hooks better.

the 80e with 33" tires and a 3.55 gear is a crap combo too. luckily the instant torque of the blower band aids a lame gear combination. it's a cruiser on the highway though.
TXsilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:57 PM   #43
Sex On Wheels

Good deal man. We'll have to get the old cars together man. You planning to take it on power tour?
Old 01-18-2017, 10:49 AM   #44

never even considered it. i would like to drive it to the good guys show at texas motor speed way one day. power tour sounds fun though. when and where is it? i don't know anything about it.
TXsilverado is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2017, 03:19 PM   #45
Sex On Wheels

Power tour is now the second week of June, and starts in Kansas City to Bowling Green Kentucky. June 10th - 17th.

I'm hoping to make it to Dallas Goodguys in the Spring, but we'll see!
Old 02-05-2017, 01:26 AM   #46
Sex On Wheels

Cars and coffee today was good. Still no sideglass so I stuck by the car the entire time.

Old 03-05-2017, 10:25 AM   #47
Sex On Wheels

Since the last update the glass has been installed and adjusted. Same guy that came by and did my front and rear glass came and helped me install it.

Got the interior door handles and lock mechanism installed. Had some troubles but that seems to be the way it goes.
Weatherstripping is installed around door. About to go outside and start installing the door panels and quarter panel.
After that I may start on the cowl panel and lower windshield trim to finish out the outside of the car.

I did manage to get the car out of the garage for a little bit on Friday. Took it to lunch with some friends.

Old 03-05-2017, 12:47 PM   #48
TECH Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXsilverado View Post
don't let the big tires fool you...the 33x22 sportsman tire is useless. a 275 mickey Thompson hooks better.

the 80e with 33" tires and a 3.55 gear is a crap combo too. luckily the instant torque of the blower band aids a lame gear combination. it's a cruiser on the highway though.
This is very true. We did a swap in a friends 69' Camaro that used to be his racecar. With a cam only LS1 it will completely shred the giant Sportsmans at near any speed.
codyvette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 10:29 AM   #49
Sex On Wheels

Didn't do too much but got some more interior together for the car.
Door panels installed.

Sadly no room for arm rests...not super thrilled about that but nothing I can do about it now so I'll live with it.

Rear bar put back in place and harnesses put through.

Decided since interior was mostly together for now, i'd finally wash the car and shine it up a bit (haven't in a LONG time).

Washing was a lengthy process for a car as it has never been washed really (been in garage and shops and just sitting around). Basically washed, clayed and waxed the entire car front to back. Got rid of some overspray on the fender from painter not masking the side marker properly.

William
Old 03-20-2017, 11:23 AM   #50
9 Second Club

Have a flip up added to the cage door bar with a low point stop built in, and have it padded for an armrest. I have a friend that has one built onto his 68' Firebird. It looks very nice, and feels very nice for longer trips. He made it flip up out of the way to aid in easy ingress/egress.

Car looks beautiful!
Kingsize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2017, 01:08 PM   #51
Sex On Wheels

I dont like the way the swing out bars look (the attachment points). It is likely that this cage will get re-done in the future and done correctly. I like the back half, but the front half isn't ideal. Plus it's not the size I had originally intended and agreed on.