Vehicle inspections gone, now if we could just get rid of front license plates

Search this Thread

Old 05-07-2017, 03:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Vehicle inspections gone, now if we could just get rid of front license plates

reference:

http://www.chron.com/news/politics/t...&ICID=ref_fark
Old 05-07-2017, 03:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 78 Likes on 57 Posts

They're not gone yet, still has to pass the house. On top of that, you will still require the emissions inspection if you live in one of the 17 counties that requires it. It's a step, and one I'd like to see happen, but I'm not exactly jumping for joy either.
Old 05-07-2017, 07:33 PM
TECH Resident

Received 13 Likes on 11 Posts

Who gives a **** about a $7 safety inspection. I hate to even thing of retard mellinials riding around with no windshield wipers and shitty brakes. Let's worry about important issues like legalizing weed.
Old 05-07-2017, 09:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by codyvette
Who gives a **** about a $7 safety inspection. I hate to even thing of retard mellinials riding around with no windshield wipers and shitty brakes. Let's worry about important issues like legalizing weed.
It takes time out of the day and does absolutely nothing. Not to mention all of the inbred **** suckers that don't know the ******* rules of their job. I just recently cussed out an inspector because he failed me for the parking brake on a cadillac. Wanna know why? Because it had the factory automatically releasing parking brake. Put it in gear and it releases. There is a provision for this in the rule book that he didn't know about.

Oh and Texas now makes car dealers inspect every 6 months, which REALLY pisses me off.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:21 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by JC316
They're not gone yet, still has to pass the house. On top of that, you will still require the emissions inspection if you live in one of the 17 counties that requires it. It's a step, and one I'd like to see happen, but I'm not exactly jumping for joy either.
I guess that just depends on your personal vehicle line up.

5 vehicles. 3 with antique tags. 2 (somewhat) modern vehicles. 1 is a diesel, so no Texas emissions there, leaving just 1 vehicle to deal with the emissions thing.
Old 05-08-2017, 07:09 AM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

When I was younger, it was like "**** inspection". Now that im older with kids, I'm like "these cheap bastards need to have their junk inspected". Lol
Old 05-08-2017, 08:16 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

if i recall there has been no front plate in tx since jan or feb 2016
Old 05-08-2017, 08:40 AM
12 Second Club

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

No more inspections? Cool, now they should make a law that says if you don't have insurance and you get in or cause and accident you automatically lose your license and your vehicle. The vehicle is sold and given to the victim(s).
If your caught without insurance during a traffic stop your car should be impounded until insurance is obtained and paid in full for one (1) year.

Chad
Old 05-08-2017, 08:44 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by ss4chad
No more inspections? Cool, now they should make a law that says if you don't have insurance and you get in or cause and accident you automatically lose your license and your vehicle. The vehicle is sold and given to the victim(s).
If your caught without insurance during a traffic stop your car should be impounded until insurance is obtained and paid in full for one (1) year.

Chad
I vote for Chad for governor!
Old 05-08-2017, 08:47 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by JC316
It takes time out of the day and does absolutely nothing. Not to mention all of the inbred **** suckers that don't know the ******* rules of their job. I just recently cussed out an inspector because he failed me for the parking brake on a cadillac. Wanna know why? Because it had the factory automatically releasing parking brake. Put it in gear and it releases. There is a provision for this in the rule book that he didn't know about.

Oh and Texas now makes car dealers inspect every 6 months, which REALLY pisses me off.
While I will agree about the dipshits performing the inspections, I believe that problem should be fixed instead of throwing in the towel. The subject isn't a major priority for me. That's just my take on it.
Old 05-08-2017, 02:09 PM
Staging Lane

I gota say, all I was really expecting to get in response from this post was a bunch of "hallelujah's" and a few, yea, I knew this was coming a couple of months ago. Actually, the latter one came from $WIFE.

All I can really figure is that the bulk of you who have posted a reply here, have experienced the Texas vehicle inspection just as a minor annoyance and a small outlay of cash. And overall, I guess that is a good thing.

It seems that regardless of where I have a yearly inspection performed, I seem to have no problem finding places staffed by idiots that:

* scratch paint by laying clip-boards, etc on my nice paint.
* go out and do their brake test, and have endless fun, chirping the tires in front of me
* have great fun playing with the rectractible/flip headlights on the 'Vette why the hood is up
* have no problem dragging rubber hoses across my paint, and when I yell/complain, said idiot explains to me that soft rubber/silicon won't damage my paint, yet can't comprehend that said "soft" hose has picked up all kinds of metal, trash, dirt, etc from laying on the floor and that is what is scratching up my finish.
* laundry list of other cr*p

To those of you who feel that the inspection is keeping some piece-of-sh*t off the highways that shouldn't be there, my reply is, I just don't see it.

The first half of the 1990's, I was stationed in Hawaii, and drove a well tuned, but otherwise POS '75 Formula Firebird. If you've never lived in Hawaii, fyi, all vehicles are either brand new or rust buckets.

My next door neighbor (I lived off base) worked at an auto dealership w/service department, and, although I paid for the yearly inspection sticker, I never had one actual vehicle inspection. I have no doubt that a lot of that still goes on to this day.
Old 05-08-2017, 04:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

I hate to even thing of retard mellinials riding around with no windshield wipers and shitty brakes.
Hey I'm not a mellinial, leave my junk out of this.

Seriously though, I'm with Zane on this one. There are some serious death traps on the road as is, bet they don't have insurance either.
Old 05-08-2017, 05:16 PM
On The Tree

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

While I will agree about the dipshits performing the inspections, I believe that problem should be fixed instead of throwing in the towel. The subject isn't a major priority for me. That's just my take on it.
I love my dipshit inspector. He has no idea what a missing cat looks or smells like. He just loves to ohhh and aaaa over the loud car with big cam and gives me a sticker. Just hoping he knows to fail the rust buckets with bald tires and no brakes.
Old 05-09-2017, 01:29 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 57 Likes on 51 Posts

My dipshit inspector story.

Last year in 2016 I got my inspection done one day and then I got pulled over two days later for my inspection being out since 2015.
Dipshit apparently typed in the computer or something and my sticker printed out with the year of 2015.
Even though I showed the officer my paperwork that I just got the inpection he still gave me a ticket.

I went straight to get a new sticker from the place that jacked my stuff up, but the retards could not do anything until boss man came back the next day. So then I had to go back and he wanted to argue with me. He said couldn't GIVE me a new one, because the state tracks the inspection stickers and I couldn't get it replaced unless I paid again or he would get in trouble with the state.

LIKE I GAVE A FU<K!!
I paid for a sticker to be good for a year. Not for one that was expired for a year. Then have to come back twice and still have to go to court to get it dismissed??? Oh hell naaa!
I got real loud and mad. Pretty aggressive to a point. I wanted everyone in that place to hear what was going on.
He finally gave me a new sticker.

I never in my life thought about checking my sticker before driving off, but I have learned a life lesson.
Old 05-09-2017, 02:51 AM
TECH Apprentice

I don't see the point. I highly doubt that they actually do anything for the safety of the vehicle.

Originally Posted by scout2000
I gota say, all I was really expecting to get in response from this post was a bunch of "hallelujah's" and a few, yea, I knew this was coming a couple of months ago. Actually, the latter one came from $WIFE.

All I can really figure is that the bulk of you who have posted a reply here, have experienced the Texas vehicle inspection just as a minor annoyance and a small outlay of cash. And overall, I guess that is a good thing.
The emissions inspection annoys me more than anything, but I do have a handful of cars that this would help. My dad and I both have diesel trucks, which I wouldn't have to bother with. Then my family has a total of 6 classics that wouldn't need inspection. My trailer wouldn't need inspection. Finally I wouldn't have to get a damned inspection every 6 months on my car lot.

It would definitely save me time and money and I would be happy with it. Just wish that my county didn't require emissions, especially since it's not very big.
Old 05-09-2017, 08:22 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts

There's no reason to say "hallelujah" because it hasn't passed yet. Someone puts forth a no front plate law every legislative session as well and it never goes anywhere. I doubt this one will either.
Old 05-09-2017, 04:48 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ss4chad

Chad
Now THOSE are some pretty damn excellent suggestions!!! Usually the uninsured ******** don't have a license, though, and their vehicles are worth ****...

But something along the proposed lines would be nice.
Old 05-09-2017, 10:12 PM
In-Zane Moderator

Received 32 Likes on 19 Posts

It's bulshit that we have such a problem with illegals here that they can get insurance without a ****** drivers license.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:27 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sure, it's definitely more prevalent among the illegals, but it's not limited just to them. It's also valid among your regular Joe Schmoes. I had my 95 TransAm totaled by one about 10 years ago.

Or maybe I was just lucky to be able to find the one and only in Texas...

Sucks that I have to pay my insurance company to cover myself against them.
Old 05-10-2017, 11:59 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Read a couple insurance reports, estimated about 30% of Houston metro drivers do not have any insurance AT ALL. It went on to estimate about 1/3 of insured do not have enough coverage.

Rough figures about half of Houston commuters don't have enough to cover hitting a fairly new Camry. Minimum liability of $20k to property won't come close to major damage on a newer style mustang, most vettes, 5th gen or newer Camaro, just about any truck since 2010, or a Bentley trunk. Minimum liability coverage pays zero to injuries, so injuries are considered part of the insufficiency.

Quick Reply: Vehicle inspections gone, now if we could just get rid of front license plates