VFN Hood Install Near San Angelo

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2017, 03:51 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default VFN Hood Install Near San Angelo

Greetings,

I have a VFN wide cowl hood that I would like to have installed using quik latches. I have the ten latches required, but I would need the side rails fabricated to accept the latches and MWC tubular front modified to use two latches for the front. Does anyone have recommendations for who could do this near San Angelo? I have had difficultly finding a shop in town. I’m willing to travel up to four hours in each direction.

Thank you.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Racecraft rails with Dzus fasteners holding mine down. The pre-fabbed rails attach to the fenders via crap ton of rivets and machine screws with nylon lock nuts. Be ready to spend hours and hours lineing it all up with very minor adjustments.

Not sure what you mean MWC tubular front modified to use two latches. Racecraft sells that small section of rail that attached to front bumper and that upper bumper support tray.

Really no matter how much car is cut out its a matter of spending hours on end getting every little piece locked down at the correct spacing and height. Sections of 90* angled aluminum would serve the same function.

Got lucky buying the hood and rails from LSX Power Tuning, he obviously spent a great deal of time getting it right. I just had to swap those parts over and fit them to my car. That part alone took some 18 hours by myself in the driveway, sure weirded out my neighbors watching that go down over the course of a couple weeks.

Quick Reply: VFN Hood Install Near San Angelo