Possibly moving to texas....Emissions Questions

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2005, 11:02 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Possibly moving to texas....Emissions Questions

what do I need to do to pass emissions in texas....
Is it a computer check?? a sniffer??? or not really any check at all...

right now I'm just Longtubes and duals.... and some tuning (well...the longtubes are going on in a week or two)
Old 04-24-2005, 11:37 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's very different in different counties. Post which city/area you're planning to move to, and you'll be able to get a more useful answer

For example, in Houston (Harris county) they're very picky and even have sniffer vans stake out certain areas and wait for high-emissions vehicles to drive past, but in my area (Jefferson county) there's not really any rules, inspection is basically just a 'make sure the brakes work and the car isn't about to fall apart' thing.

Last edited by ACW; 04-25-2005 at 09:17 PM.
Old 04-24-2005, 11:40 AM
8 Second Club

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

its looking like Grapevine...which is just outside of Dallas... and future work is in Dallas....
Old 04-24-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

As long as your car is newer then a 96 hook it up to the computer. No codes, good to go

Youll be my neighbor
Old 04-24-2005, 12:06 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Actually, they're suppose to do a visual on your car, so I would take it to a hole in a wall place that doesn't. I just got my inspection. I asked the guy before he did my inspection if he does all that visual inspection bs cause that crap can get silly sometimes. And he said, "no, as long as you can pass", so he tested it and I passed. Honestly, that visual inspection is stupid as hell. I took my mustang to a texaco once and the guy was checking my lights, window tint, tires, everthing. Bastard comes back and tells me he can't pass me because I was missing a lug nut. SO I won't take it anywhere where they do a visual.