South Houston Car Break ins

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2005, 11:00 AM
10-Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default South Houston Car Break ins

Just wanted to post up about my truck getting broken into so that others can be cautious & possible avoid being ripped off.

On my way in from work I stopped in at Fox & the Hound @ Fuqua & I-45 to have a couple of drafts with some friends. When I left I noticed my console was open, stuff was moved about & my backpack was missing. I got out looked at the truck & they had broke in with a screwdriver in the keyhole on the passengers side door. They also got my garage remote. The bad news is that the backpack had tax info, credit card statements, pay check stubs, and all sorts of other important information in it. As far as I can tell they didn't take anything else. Had some brand new DVD's a whole zipper case of CD's, a sun visor case full of CD's, a Mag Light, a $80 book all right there....I hope they weren't specifically after personal information. I've already put an alert on my credit through Experian, changed all my account numbers, got new bank accounts & closed the old ones....I'm just so damn pissed off. I want to stake out the damn parking lot & catch the bastards that did it & %#$& them up!

Took my truck to Norman Freede Chevy & got a quote to fix the door, $185 for a new handle, lock, and gasket. They aren't painted & the door is barely dimpled in so I can do without fixing that.

I'll probably have to get a new garage door lift unless I can figure out a way to clear all the previously programmed remotes & add new ones.

Also, my friend Gary, his dad's truck was broken into in the same parking lot, his truck was also a new model Dually. My truck is a crew cab chevy Duramax & his was an extended cab Powerstroke. I'm not sure if they are targeting other cars as well....

I was parked between the side of the Fox & the Hound & behind the Bouyou City Wings & he was parked behind the Golden Island or what ever the Asian food place is over there. Mine happened yesterday between 6-8pm & his was about 2 month ago.

I'm not sure but both trucks were broken into the same way. I think it may be a dish washer or some employee there doing it before work or on breaks.....

Anyhow, just thought I'd give yall a heads up. Don't leave anything of value in sight, actually anything in sight for that matter.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:09 AM
Banned

That sucks sorry to hear the mark, as for the remotes, those should be easy, they have a place on the garage door opener and the remote where you change the numbers, I believe that is how it work. All you do is change the number sequences and make it the same as the remote and all should be good. At least I think that is how it works, on the old ones it does.

JET
Old 07-27-2005, 11:11 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That sucks. Sorry to hear about this. I know the feeling. Had my car broken into when I lived up north (Buffalo). Walked outside to see the dome light on (in the 1980 Trans Am) and the passenger door left wide open. Fortunately, I didn't have anything in the car.

I have parked in that same parking lot when I go to Prince's for a burger. Will definately park where I can keep an eye on it and be ready to bolt out the door to stomp on whoever ***** with my ****.

I hate lowlife, petty thieves. Doesn't make sense, the risk involved with breaking into someone's car - especially in a parking lot during daylight hours and high traffic. Talk about ***** - I could never do something like that. Too many people with guns to kill my damn ***!!! All for a few cd's that you can download online!!!
Old 07-27-2005, 11:23 AM
Launching!

I go to BCW's all the time but I park in the handicap parking for this very reason.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:24 AM
TECH Junkie

damn sorry to hear about that..... Lately I've been hearing lots of bad things that have happened in that exact parking lot.... I believe a couple of members on here have had their cars either broken into, or hit by others..... Dont know about your paycheck stubs, but mine have all my information on them, including Social Security #.... hope you get everythihng cleared up....
Old 07-27-2005, 11:27 AM
TECH Addict

damn that sucks Marc

identity theft is not good. people tried to do that where i used to work. it always pissed me off, because that could of been my info.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:46 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by BAD2000TA
That sucks. Sorry to hear about this. I know the feeling. Had my car broken into when I lived up north (Buffalo). Walked outside to see the dome light on (in the 1980 Trans Am) and the passenger door left wide open. Fortunately, I didn't have anything in the car.

I have parked in that same parking lot when I go to Prince's for a burger. Will definately park where I can keep an eye on it and be ready to bolt out the door to stomp on whoever ***** with my ****.

I hate lowlife, petty thieves. Doesn't make sense, the risk involved with breaking into someone's car - especially in a parking lot during daylight hours and high traffic. Talk about ***** - I could never do something like that. Too many people with guns to kill my damn ***!!! All for a few cd's that you can download online!!!
Are you guys in Texas allowed to shoot someone breaking into your car? I've heard that you can legally shoot someone breaking into your property. Us Cali guys are technically not allowed to, even if the theif is in your house, unless it is a life or death situation.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:50 AM
TECH Addict

im pretty sure if it isnt your house you can shoot them legaly, but not sure of the car.
Old 07-27-2005, 11:57 AM
Banned

You can shoot someone in your house in texas, and after dark or close to dusk, if there in your back yard you can shoot them also.

Have to remember that in texas people carry guns, not for looks or for show, they use them to protect there property, I would think if someone is breaking into your car, you have the right to shoot first ask ??? later, just make sure to kill them, otherwords watch out for a civil suit.
Old 07-27-2005, 12:44 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by CRZY747
You can shoot someone in your house in texas, and after dark or close to dusk, if there in your back yard you can shoot them also.

Have to remember that in texas people carry guns, not for looks or for show, they use them to protect there property, I would think if someone is breaking into your car, you have the right to shoot first ask ??? later, just make sure to kill them, otherwords watch out for a civil suit.
Well, Johnnie Cochran's dead!! But, there's always the Tough, Texas Hammer - Jim Adler. "I'll Fight For your Money". Scumbag lawyers
Old 07-27-2005, 12:55 PM
Banned

Well, Johnnie Cochran's dead!! But, there's always the Tough, Texas Hammer - Jim Adler. "I'll Fight For your Money". Scumbag lawyers
Ya you have to be one stupid ****, to hire Jim Adler to represent you.

LOL

You do have to watch out for civil suits from the perp if you don't kill him, it happens all the time.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:04 PM
On The Tree

Correct me if I'm wrong but can't the perps family start a civil suit as well?
Old 07-27-2005, 02:11 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by raven4960
Correct me if I'm wrong but can't the perps family start a civil suit as well?

yes sir they can, but you have no witness if there gone, which is what makes a civil case work, that is why they say shoot to kill
Old 07-27-2005, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by CRZY747
Ya you have to be one stupid ****, to hire Jim Adler to represent you.
Jim Adler's firm deals strictly in referrals and has not actually tried a case since 1974. Just for future reference.
Old 07-27-2005, 02:18 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by slow96z
Jim Adler's firm deals strictly in referrals and has not actually tried a case since 1974. Just for future reference.

He will rip your azz off also, the tough SMART lawyer LOL. Check his fees and check others, and see what you get.

So just cause he has not actually tried a case since 1974 means he is good, or does it mean he lays down and wont try a case ????
Old 07-27-2005, 03:06 PM
TECH Regular

naw they settle ou tof court..but when a big case comes along he refers the client to a real lawyer and then collects on a referral fee...he actually does not step foot in the court room..there are hundreds of ppl filing the claims below him...
Old 07-27-2005, 03:10 PM
Banned

Kind of my point, he is a sorry azz attorney, wont set foot in court, and makes sure to get his cut, and charges a higher percent than others. Smart for him, but do you want to be his client. I wouldn't I would hire a better attorney that knows what he is doing and will go to court and fight for my right's. Just so happens my step dad was a civil attorney in houston, and a DA. I know plenty of good if not great attorneys, that live off just referrals, and not commercials LOL

JET
Old 07-27-2005, 08:00 PM
10-Second Club

What do they call 10,000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

....a good start!
Old 07-27-2005, 08:00 PM
10-Second Club

All for a few cd's that you can download online!!!
They didn't even touch my CD's tho
Old 07-27-2005, 08:19 PM
TECH Resident

Anyways-even though you might be within the law to shoot, might not be a good idea. And even if you kill him, doesnt mean you eliminate all the witnesses. And the victims family still can sue reguardless.

If you catch someone in the act, it would probably be best to just yell at them, most would run off. Me, id probably approach with the glock in the "low and ready" position incase they produce a weapon, and decide to engage me. I would not shoot someone simply over a few cd's or whatever(its not worth $10,000+ in lawyer fees if someone sues)