exhaust shops in houston

Search this Thread

Old 10-10-2005, 04:59 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

Default exhaust shops in houston

can anyone point me in the right direction? im willing to make a good drive for some reasonably priced quality work. i stay in the humble/spring/kingwood area. i need someone who will be willing to make a y pipe and run true duel dumped.

i went to our local "exhaust shop" and got a good laugh. i told Bubba what i wanted done and he said he will not do it. i asked why not and he said thats not what they do! i jokingly said "oh, im sorry i was under the impression that this was an exhaust shop." he got pissed at that little comment and went on to explain how it is impossible to run true duel on our trucks without setting codes, and how my truck will lose power with headers and true duel because theres no back pressure and blah blah blah. he was getting a little too aggressive with his argument for my comfort and i could tell that he was one of those guys that was right no matter how i tried to explain correcting codes with tuning. i said no wander all of your bays are empty...ill take my money somewhere else. i was hoping he would get more pissed but it kinda relieved him i guess. god forbid him have to do anything with exhaust besided a muffler swap
Old 10-10-2005, 05:51 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you don't mind the drive...actually prob not that bad if your in the Kingwood area. From Lake Houston Pkwy take Beltway 8 to 225 to Center St. to Deer Park Muffler. I've used them for over 12 years and have always been happy with their work. They do alot of custom work for just about anything...Ask for Mark and tell him Dennis from Baytown sent you over. It's been awhile since I've been over to the shop but if Mark still runs it your in good hands...
Old 10-11-2005, 10:07 AM
TECH Addict

there is stan's sotex located in tomball. you might need to talk to them to see if they will do true duals or not. he cut my factory y-pipe and ran dual pipes to my dual in/out magnaflow.

Last edited by leochevy2001; 10-11-2005 at 10:31 AM.
Old 10-11-2005, 10:10 AM
Banned

Deer Park muffler told me no when I asked if they would do true duals.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:30 PM
"All Motor 9 Second club member"

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yeah I used to use Deer Park Muffler for all of my exhaust work, but NOt any more. Their workmanship has gone to crap, they charge an arm and a leg and now there's some attitude that goes with that package. I had to go back 4 times to get them to get my dual cut outs right on the y-pipe and they charged me again for something they didn't get right the first 3 times....my *** still hurts from that one.

FMG in Dayton will be my next stop, if I can't do it myself. Also many of the sponsors here do exhaust work. They would be more likely to put pride into their work.
Old 10-11-2005, 12:33 PM
((((((Administrator))))))

Lone Star Muffler on Telephone Rd. by Hobby is real good. Eric there used to be at Deer Park Muffler.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:51 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

how far off of 45 is stan's sotex? ill be heading back from huntsville thursday and might swing by if its not too far.
Old 10-11-2005, 01:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lone star muffler is Bad ***, but so was DP muff when i used to go there. They fabbed up a Y pipe for me and did a decent(sp?) job for 120 bux . They used some chicken **** 1/4'' flanges though.
Old 10-11-2005, 04:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by TXsilverado
how far off of 45 is stan's sotex? ill be heading back from huntsville thursday and might swing by if its not too far.
it's located off of 2920 about a mile east of 249.
Old 10-11-2005, 05:49 PM
10 Second Fun Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Im not liking Lonestar any more too much hassle of their attitudes. I havent been but am planning on going to FMG exhaust in Crosby.