Hey Wacoans

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2005, 04:59 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Hey Wacoans

Hey guys I'm probably going to be moving up to Waco in January. I'm almost positive I'm going to be going to TSTC for the Spring semester but I haven't fully decided yet. So, what's the scene like there? Anyone know of anywhere I can get a good job paying at least $7.00 an hour? Possibly a GM dealer? As far as rooming goes my dad has a buddy there that owns lots of apartments so I think I'll be fine there. I was going to go to an orientation when I was up there Tuesday for Kyle Lake's funeral but I never got the chance to due to the funeral ending so late. Anyone that might be able to tell me anything I need to know about it would be helpful. Thanks a lot guys.
Old 11-03-2005, 09:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

where in waco will you be staying? I lived there for 17 years. Lemmi know where your staying and i may be able to help out. Josh.
Old 11-03-2005, 10:11 PM
Teching In

this is the only gm dealer in waco that i know of

http://www.allensamuels.com/
Old 11-03-2005, 10:14 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Dude...I'm going to TSTC in January too!!! We need to meet each other/keep in touch become friends. I'll be moving in to the Vilage Oaks apartment thingys on campus. Where are you at now? I'm in Round Rock. I'll be doing my first semester of college. All acemdemic stuff this semester...summer off then i'll be doing the automotive courses.
Old 11-03-2005, 11:31 PM
On The Tree

I'm in College Station right now. I have no idea where I'll be staying yet. I haven't had my meeting with a counselor or an orientation yet so it's still kind of up in the air now. That will change by next week hopefully though.
Old 11-04-2005, 10:50 AM
On The Tree

Whats gonna be your major? I lived there and graduated TSTC in 04 and just moved to Houston for a job (Computorized Control Sys.). Good school but warning...the women are very scarce on campus. Oh and heads up - don't tell the Baylor women you go tho TSTC either (their reply: "what's that?"). About the dealerships... I've worked at Allen Samuels Chev. and was o.k. Waco also has Karr Hunter GM dealership but good luck with school though.
Old 11-04-2005, 11:19 AM
TECH Regular

hey man i go to tstc now, what program are you entering? have you ever waited tables? i MAY be able to hook you up, you will make way more than 7$ an hour!
Old 11-04-2005, 12:30 PM
TECH Regular

Village oaks...that brings back some memories...just a warning cops like to monitor the illegal substance market there very closely... The women are very scarce and if there is a descent one in the bunch every sausage out there is all over it.
Old 11-04-2005, 02:23 PM
TECH Junkie

Too Stoned To Care, Two Slutes Tenthousand Cocks. I did my college there fun school
Old 11-04-2005, 04:03 PM
On The Tree

I'm not too worried about the chick population. I did my time in the Marine Corps so I know about some dog-ugly ones. At least the girls at TSTC won't be able to beat me up. Besides, the only girl I'm worried about goes to Baylor already so it's covered. As far as classes, nothing's final but I do plan on taking the Automotive Technology course and get my associates in that. I'm still waiting on them to get back with me though.
Old 11-05-2005, 01:40 PM
Teching In

Waco's a really special town.... I'll just leave it at that

I know a couple guys that I'm pretty sure are still in the Auto Tech program there. they seem to enjoy it. good luck with the move up here--where ya movin' from?

-Mike
Old 11-07-2005, 02:01 PM
On The Tree

Well I just got my acceptance letter this weekend so it's even closer to a for-sure deal. As far as apartments, my dad has a friend in Waco named Joe Phipps who owns lots of apartments across town that will be able to hook me up. Once I find out how I'll be living I'll send the offer to anyone that needs a roommate and place to stay. I'll let y'all know after my orientation.
Old 11-07-2005, 03:54 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Red03SVT
Waco's a really special town.... I'll just leave it at that
you're being too generous, hehe. to the op get ready to fend off bums on a daily basis. i wrote about my experience with the bums of waco in my blog.
Old 11-07-2005, 04:32 PM
Launching!

i went to TSTC i was living in waco for 6 months, i hated it.

i live in red river
Old 11-07-2005, 07:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

So does that mean i'm gunna incounter a lot of bums? They don't screw with cars, do they?
Old 11-07-2005, 07:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by zeos
you're being too generous, hehe. to the op get ready to fend off bums on a daily basis. i wrote about my experience with the bums of waco in my blog.
LMAO I've only had one "salesman" approach me in the last 3 1/2 years of living here. Tried to sell me a cooler he was carrying for $5. Of course I said no. His car had broken down a couple days earlier too...
Old 11-07-2005, 10:13 PM
On The Tree

I was just passing through a couple of months ago and I swear I wasn't in town 10 minutes and a guy walked up to me when I was filling up my Accord and asked for money because his car broke down. I probably wouldn't have given him anything but his story was just so elaborate about how his non-existant car ran out of gas. Man, if anyone can make that happen, sure he can have a few bucks.
Old 11-08-2005, 12:25 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by HotWhipT/A
They don't screw with cars, do they?
if you have an aftermarket radio, it will be stolen within a month or so. its such a problem that they have an fbi taskforce on it, at least thats the rumor. usually they wont bother a car with a stock hu, but they will cut up jeeps and steal stuff. it may be different around tstc but i doubt it.
Old 11-08-2005, 04:57 PM
On The Tree

Anyone in here nkow the legal ramifications involved in dusting any ******* that tries to break in my car? I'm tinted up and I don't want anyone busting my windows too see if MAYBE there's something there. Do car covers help at all?
Old 11-08-2005, 09:42 PM
Teching In

dont know anyone who has a car cover so i cant comment. i have never gotten a chance to shoot at theives so i dont know, one thing i heard from the cops is that most of the time the theives are 14-15 year old kids stealing for some gang. if i was lucky enough to catch someone in the act it would be worth any jail time.