Whew! Texans finally did something right!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2006, 06:32 PM
Mustang Moderator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Whew! Texans finally did something right!

Man...they finally did something good for the team! For a while there I thought they were going to win the damn game and lose the #1 pick!

But...oh wait...these are the Texans...what was I thinking!

Old 01-01-2006, 06:36 PM
v8
17,16,15,14,13,12,11 Drvr

hahhaaa it was a nail biting game for sure, I just knew they were going to win it lol
Old 01-01-2006, 06:41 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

I was having a very hard time with this game. I wanted them to win. I think the #1 or #2 pick will be very valuable when it comes to trading, so I didn't really want them to lose. Kris Brown is turning into Ian Howfield.

Last edited by ross87t; 01-02-2006 at 06:34 PM.
Old 01-01-2006, 06:48 PM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

So they get Reggie Bush next year?
Old 01-01-2006, 06:54 PM
TECH Fanatic

they get first pick and most likely its reggie bush....
Old 01-01-2006, 07:38 PM
TECH Fanatic

They need to trade down if any way possible.

They could get at least two number ones and two number two for that pick. That team needs a lot of help on the lines.
Old 01-01-2006, 07:48 PM
Banned

yeah we need to trade down Reggie Bush is unneeded on the Texans, but can be in high demand on a lot of other teams.

who actually has 2 first round picks that we want though?

Jets maybe? i'm unsure.

we should trade for an O-Linemen and a 1st and 2nd rounder.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:15 PM
Texas Director

The Texans almost screwed themselves and won this game. Bob McNair should have told Capers that under no circumstances should they win this game. If they would have Capers should have been fired right there on the field.

As for you guys who think the Texans should trade down or not take Reggie Bush, no way should they do that. IMO Bush is going to be a perrenial all-pro back. Think if the Rams wouldn't have taken Eric Dickerson, the Cowboys had not taken Tony Dorsett, the Lions had not taken Barry Sanders, the Oilers had not taken Earl Campbell, the Chargers had not taken LaDanian Tomlinson, etc.

Bush is going to be that caliber of running back/utility player as those guys and you've got to take him without any hesitation. Think of the excitement it would bring the Texans and the city of Houston going into next year that desparately needs a big boost after this year. Perhaps they could trade Domanick Davis for a quality offensive lineman since he'll be expendable when Bush comes on board.

But, what do I really care, I'm a Cowboys fan, lol!
Old 01-01-2006, 08:21 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by mmiller
The Texans almost screwed themselves and won this game. Bob McNair should have told Capers that under no circumstances should they win this game. If they would have Capers should have been fired right there on the field.

As for you guys who think the Texans should trade down or not take Reggie Bush, no way should they do that. IMO Bush is going to be a perrenial all-pro back. Think if the Rams wouldn't have taken Eric Dickerson, the Cowboys had not taken Tony Dorsett, the Lions had not taken Barry Sanders, the Oilers had not taken Earl Campbell, the Chargers had not taken LaDanian Tomlinson, etc.

Bush is going to be that caliber of running back/utility player as those guys and you've got to take him without any hesitation. Think of the excitement it would bring the Texans and the city of Houston going into next year that desparately needs a big boost after this year. Perhaps they could trade Domanick Davis for a quality offensive lineman since he'll be expendable when Bush comes on board.

If Jimmy Johnson hadnt traded Herschel Walker, they wouldnt have won those super bowls in the 90s.
Old 01-01-2006, 08:22 PM
Mustang Moderator

Originally Posted by mmiller

Yeah...I totally agree...I've heard all the talk to trade "down"...but no way! This kind of guy is so rare in the NFL...like a Michael Jordan/Lebron James....

Get him and trade your other backs for an O-line....Davis, Wells, Morency are all good trade bait...

Mmiller....sorry to hear you're a Cowboys fan!
Old 01-01-2006, 08:28 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by kumar75150
If Jimmy Johnson hadnt traded Herschel Walker, they wouldnt have won those super bowls in the 90s.
But he did and the rest is history. That was a shrewd move by J.J.

The Cowboys and Niners lead the NFL and are tied each having five Super Bowl wins.

LS1 KLR, why no love for the Cowboys? They're from Texas and have done the state proud with the five Super Bowl wins. I just wish Houston would step it up!

Hopefully Texas will bring home the National Championship Wednesday night!

Hook'em!
Old 01-01-2006, 08:53 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Matt were you raised in Houston? The majority of us raised in Houston were bred to hate Dallas. Mostly because they have such a huge bandwagon fan club across the country. I honestly can't stand the cowboys, no matter how good or bad they are playing. In fact, my favorite NFL team is whoever the cowboys are playing that week.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:26 PM
Texas Director

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Matt were you raised in Houston? The majority of us raised in Houston were bred to hate Dallas. Mostly because they have such a huge bandwagon fan club across the country. I honestly can't stand the cowboys, no matter how good or bad they are playing. In fact, my favorite NFL team is whoever the cowboys are playing that week.
If the Dallas Cowboys weren't so successful people wouldn't hate them. Especially when the Oilers or Texans haven't even been to a Super Bowl and the other team in the state has gone eight times it breeds envy. Its kind of like the Yankees in baseball. You either love them or hate them. Success breeds envy.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:30 PM
TECH Junkie

We definately need to see what we could trade Reggie Bush for. If we could get a couple of first round picks and a couple of second rounds picks it might be worth giving him up.
Old 01-01-2006, 09:45 PM
Texas Director

From everything I've heard the Texans have already said that if they get the #1 pick in the draft it would be a done deal that they would take Bush, so all of this speculation about trading down, taking someone else, etc. is moot.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:29 AM
On The Tree

The Texans darn well better take Reggie Bush. He is going to be an awesome NFL back and will generate a lot of fan interest that was lost this year. You can not pass up talent like that. Also, the Texans running back, Dominick Davis, is only an average back who has missed games each year due to injury. Also, the Texans do not have a real good track record in the personnel dept. They would get some extra picks and probably screw that up too.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:42 AM
TECH Junkie

Fire Capers.
Old 01-02-2006, 02:59 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Zepp
The Texans darn well better take Reggie Bush. He is going to be an awesome NFL back and will generate a lot of fan interest that was lost this year. You can not pass up talent like that. Also, the Texans running back, Dominick Davis, is only an average back who has missed games each year due to injury. Also, the Texans do not have a real good track record in the personnel dept. They would get some extra picks and probably screw that up too.

Any back that can "miss games" and rush for over 1k and receive for over 3-500+ each yr. is non-expendable; Domanick Davis is a proven back, Reggie Bush hasn't stepped foot in the NFL. Sure i agree his potential is very high, nobody ever rushed better than Ron Dayne in the history of the NCAA and look at him now, that kind of thing happens when you draft at a position you already have filled. In Ron's case Tiki Barber, in our case Domanick.

Reggie has the potential to be great, Domanick is already good, and young to boot.

Best move the Texans could have made will be made Monday hopefully, getting Capers out of office.
Old 01-02-2006, 10:34 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by D Hurr is Like
Any back that can "miss games" and rush for over 1k and receive for over 3-500+ each yr. is non-expendable; Domanick Davis is a proven back, Reggie Bush hasn't stepped foot in the NFL. Sure i agree his potential is very high, nobody ever rushed better than Ron Dayne in the history of the NCAA and look at him now, that kind of thing happens when you draft at a position you already have filled. In Ron's case Tiki Barber, in our case Domanick.

Reggie has the potential to be great, Domanick is already good, and young to boot.

Best move the Texans could have made will be made Monday hopefully, getting Capers out of office.
Domanick Davis... a proven back? How has Domanick Davis proved himself? By not being able to play an entire season with out getting hurt? He is a mediocre back that always gets injuried. He no where close to being good enough for us to say "we don't need Bush, because we have Davis". Think about how having the threat of Bush opens up the field with play action for Carr.

There is no way the Texans can pass on Bush. They need help in other areas, but we will have a high second round pick and 2 high 3rd round picks. That is where you pick up O-linemen or a tight end.

Plus then we can say the Texans have Bush and the Rockets got Head.
Old 01-02-2006, 11:00 AM
TECH Senior Member

It doesn't matter.... with the Texans luck Reggie with blow out his knee in training camp if we get him.