I Hate OReilly Auto Parts... what's a better place to go?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2006, 04:11 PM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jlrz28
This is my favorite line " well......the computer doesnt show that part....."

lol thats what the dumbass said when i went in to get my tranny mount...it ened up bein on the shelf after the guy said they no longer carry it for my car
Old 04-18-2006, 06:55 PM
12 Second Club

i just started workign at autozone part time (westbelfert and gessner) or how ever you spell it.

I know alot of things, but im not saying i know everything. There aer some people who come in and i have no clue what they are talking about. Might because they dont speak english. Thank god we have 3 spanish speakers there. lol

But one thing that had me clueless was this lady came in last night to have her car scanned casue it had a code right. Well go out there scan it, comes up something like misfire malfunction or w.e. Well i print her receipt out for the code to take to dealer. SHe starts up car and the thing just spins, like the starter isnt touching the flywheel. Dont know if it had spark or not. She even had her coil , plugs, and wires changed 2 months earlier from us. She had to call a towtruck to come get her. I kinda felt bad cause i had no idea.

But other than that, if yall are in that area stop on by. I may be there, since im part time. Just look for the silver camaro out there with black zr1's

Ive been there serioulsy a week and have already made 35$ in tips outside

Even though u arent suppose to take tips from people. Well you just dont tell anyone!
Old 04-18-2006, 06:58 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

Originally Posted by Trust
I thought you meant Bill O'rielly, I love that guy
HE is an Idiot too.
Old 04-18-2006, 07:10 PM
Staging Lane

i cant count the number of times people have come from orielys peed off on the service, im at a-Zone, if i dont know the answer im going to find the right answer for you not give you some bs to sell you a product, hail the zone
Old 04-18-2006, 11:20 PM
On The Tree

went their today to buy a 01 slave. guess what the idiot told me. their is no suck thing as a 01 slave, those cars didnt come with one.??????i thought any manual car has a slave.
Old 04-18-2006, 11:34 PM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

don't hate the store, hate the idiots that are hired and don't know jack **** about stuff.

O'Reilly's is about a trillion times better than the AutoZone here in B/CS, if even simply for the fact that they actually hire workers. AutoZone has like maybe 1 - 2 people working the counters, and it always takes them for freakin ever....i've seen lines out the door there before, because they only had one cashier and one counter worker, and this was at noon, which is usually the busiest time for a store like that.....

i don't ever go to AutoZone here unless i can't find what i need anywhere else
Old 04-19-2006, 12:36 AM
ACW
TECH Veteran

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Yeah, can't make very accurate generalizations about these stores, it can vary widely from one location to another, with different employees/managers.
Old 04-19-2006, 01:09 AM
TECH Resident

in b/cs oriellys 701 used to be the ****, but now my understanding is they are hiring idiots who cant properly check their oil level.

advance auto next to car doc always hires people who work on cars, and they are very very cool. oriellys 701 might still be cool, but i havent been up there in a while. the napa on 2818 is good, and thats about all i ever went to. i will say stay away from autozone in b/cs. they have called their wholesaler for a jegs cam for a 87 rx7 one too many times when i was bored up there with a freind.
Old 04-19-2006, 02:02 AM
TECH Addict

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mikespeed95
in b/cs oriellys 701 used to be the ****, but now my understanding is they are hiring idiots who cant properly check their oil level...

eh? you have to check your oil?

j/k
Old 04-26-2006, 12:56 PM
TECH Fanatic

just so everyone knows...im talkin about the Oreilly on Mason Rd. a couple blocks from the randalls...and yea, i agree that the napa in B/CS is bitchin, mainly cause my sis worked there and actually knew her stuff...lol

Last edited by LS1Aggie09; 04-26-2006 at 04:21 PM.