LG Motorsports?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2006, 01:34 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LG Motorsports?

How is LG Motorsports' reputation as a builder/tuner in the DFW area?

i'm getting closer and closer to needing to pick a shop to work with, and i intend on picking the best shop for my needs and sticking with them. seems like most of the folks are working with either SQR or RPM, and i dont belive i've seen much on LG.

SQR is like 15 mins from my house at the present time, so thats a plus there
RPM has been in GM Hi-tech Performance a bunch of times, so i feel like they have more reputation than just the opinion of locals
LG is a nationally known company, but i havent heard much from the locals that actually use them to work on cars and do tuning

as far as location goes, i have a feeling that i'll be moving to somewhere between FW and Dallas once i get settled in here, cuz it seems like all the jobs in my field are in dallas... thus, all 3 shops will be pretty close to equal driving distance.
Old 04-17-2006, 01:41 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

LG Motorsports was amazing to work with when we had work on the C6 Z06 done there in February..... Definitely would recommend them, and use again.
Old 04-17-2006, 07:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by slayer_taunu
How is LG Motorsports' reputation as a builder/tuner in the DFW area?

i'm getting closer and closer to needing to pick a shop to work with, and i intend on picking the best shop for my needs and sticking with them. seems like most of the folks are working with either SQR or RPM, and i dont belive i've seen much on LG.

SQR is like 15 mins from my house at the present time, so thats a plus there
RPM has been in GM Hi-tech Performance a bunch of times, so i feel like they have more reputation than just the opinion of locals
LG is a nationally known company, but i havent heard much from the locals that actually use them to work on cars and do tuning

as far as location goes, i have a feeling that i'll be moving to somewhere between FW and Dallas once i get settled in here, cuz it seems like all the jobs in my field are in dallas... thus, all 3 shops will be pretty close to equal driving distance.

I will say this...Magazine shoots dont mean much these days. Alot of things can/are hidden in magazine shoots. Look at a car in person and look at one in a magazine and its 100 times different.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Out of all thoes shops LG has mostlikley been in more mags than any of the other (that is if you want to measure the shops by that) But LG does do good work. They also have a national reputation to keep with them having that race team and all.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:37 AM
BP
TECH Enthusiast

They are all good companies to deal with. As for magazine coverage, AMS and Fastech both had featured cars and in their cases it didn't make much of a difference. LG has had articles in Motor Trend, the others haven't. They are the largest of the shops mentioned and would do a good job but expect to pay more. They are in the same league as MTI, W2W and LPE/21st Century.

I know the group very well at SQR so I'm biased and will always recommend them first. However I've seen RPM go way out their way to make customers happy, things that I wouldn't have done. Either shop is a good choice as they both will be in business for years to come and do quality work.
Old 04-17-2006, 09:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by BP
I know the group very well at SQR so I'm biased and will always recommend them first. However I've seen RPM go way out their way to make customers happy, things that I wouldn't have done. Either shop is a good choice as they both will be in business for years to come and do quality work.
I'm the same way. I know RPM very well but have heard many good things about SQR..
Old 04-17-2006, 07:33 PM
Teching In

I dont think you hear much about LG on here because, they work on a lot of vette's. There are a lot of vette's on this board but many more F-Bodies. If I had the money to choose where my car was worked on it would be LG.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:20 PM
TECH Fanatic

You won't go wrong with LG.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:30 PM
TECH Apprentice

Another happy LG customer here. Only shop i'd ever been to where I didn't walk in and feel like I was interupting the group working there.

The work was A+ too.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:33 PM
TECH Senior Member

Can't go wrong with either shop - SQR or LGM. SQR has done all the work on my car, but I wouldn't flinch at taking her to LGM either. I've heard quite a few stories about RPM, some good, some bad, but have no personal experience with them.
Old 04-17-2006, 08:41 PM
TECH Senior Member

Exclamation

.Considering Lou Gigliotti is a real racer, known all over, I would go there personally. I imagine he cares alot about what goes on in his shop. I don't think it matters that they work with Vettes mostly. I wish they were near me. Just my opinion.
Old 04-17-2006, 10:29 PM
TECH Senior Member

If you go to LG just plan on spending a lot of $$

I've never had any work done at LG. RPM and SQR are good shops I've had work done at RPM and I've talked with Daniel at SQR some. I wouldn't think twice about going to either shop
Old 04-17-2006, 10:39 PM
TECH Resident

Lg- Where Money Buys Speed
Old 04-17-2006, 10:45 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by slowredz
Lg- Where Money Buys Speed
Thats anywhere, just some things cost more at LG.
Old 04-17-2006, 11:21 PM
Launching!

It is really more of a personal preference. I myself have only dealt with RPM. So my vote would go to them. They are the only shop that has worked on my car. One of the main reasons why, is because they are 5 mins from my house! If you go to LG, you will pay a lil more, but look how large their company is. Main thing for me is, driving distance. If my car breaks down, I don't want to have to deal with a shop that is 30-45 mins away from my house. I would rather deal with one local! If anything were to happen to my car, the crew at RPM could help me out, and I'm only 5 mins away! All 3 are great shops. Which ever you chose, they will be more than willing to take care of your needs!
Old 04-18-2006, 12:08 AM
TECH Fanatic

LGM has a long standing reputation of excellence. Definately, the best shop in TX, hands down.
Old 04-18-2006, 01:15 AM
TECH Fanatic

LG is pretty bad ***
Old 04-18-2006, 01:55 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Brandon Boomhauer
Thats anywhere, just some things cost more at LG.
i would still buy parts from the same 3rd parties i have been (since its normally cheaper that way), and just need the shop for tuning, installs i cant do myself or pay friends with beer to help, and maybe machining (ported heads or whatnot, wayyyy down the road).

any idea how their labor rates and tuning rates/policies differ from the other local shops? (PM if it shouldn't be posted)
Old 04-18-2006, 08:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

I'd just give them a call and see what they'll charge for what you are interested in doing.
Old 04-18-2006, 08:25 AM
10 Second Club

LG Motorsports, ask for a guy named Sean/Shawn to do the tuning. You will end up paying more than what you were quoted, but they do great work and perfection is their goal when it comes to installation. SQR sounds good too, but never used them.