Off Topic...but need metal fabricator, Houston

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2006, 09:10 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Off Topic...but need metal fabricator, Houston

Based on a high amount of respect I have for the mechanical abilities of those on this site...I'm asking for help in something other than cams, tuning, etc.

We are remodeling our kitchen and have decided to add an elevated bar counter using metal supports like (attached).

Does anyone know a shop in Houston that could fab these out of stainless and apply a brushed finish.
Attached Thumbnails Off Topic...but need metal fabricator, Houston-slide18.jpg   Off Topic...but need metal fabricator, Houston-slide20.jpg  
Old 06-27-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

That's pretty nifty...I kinda like it.
Old 06-27-2006, 12:42 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Closer_2001
Based on a high amount of respect I have for the mechanical abilities of those on this site...I'm asking for help in something other than cams, tuning, etc.

We are remodeling our kitchen and have decided to add an elevated bar counter using metal supports like (attached).

Does anyone know a shop in Houston that could fab these out of stainless and apply a brushed finish.

Crap...my first attempt at posting didn't go through...let me try again...

On the NW side is Longhorn Steel, FSI, and several others. BUT almost every shop in town is swamped with big $$ work, so it may end up costing you a TON to get something that small done. You have two things working against you - price of material (stainless isn't cheap) plus scheduling - to get it done quick will cost you!!

Aluminum (anodized) is an option - there are TONS of anodizing colors, not just what you see on Maglites and engine bay fittings.

If you get the materials, I'm sure there are some guys on here that can weld stainless or aluminum (it's a bit different than welding carbon steel).

Is the second picture about what you want? If so, I can get you a ballpark estimate from one of the fabrication guys down the hall here at my office. Let me know.