My bank pressed charges against me, I'm I "terrorist"

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2006, 10:02 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default My bank pressed charges against me, I'm I "terrorist"

Yesterday I got my pay-check while I was doing a PDI (pre-deliver inspection) on an 07 Yukon. So I test drove it to the drive through of my credit union to deposit my check. I had them give me $60 cash and deposited the rest, I took my money out of the envelope and put it back in the cylinder, then I took a peice of tape that I had taken off the radio and put it on the cylinder (just to get rid of it), and placed it back in the holder. This was between 10:00 and 11:00. So I went back to work, and then lunch around 12:15, and got back at 1:15. My parts manager comes up to me and says tha police are down at the credit union and want to talk to me. Then the accountant comes from up front and says that I sealed a cylinder with an envelope inside and they couldn't tell what was in it.

So I went down to the credit union and go inside to an office where the police cheif, a cop, and the bank president are and see this desk covered in tool boxes and rubber gloves. They said they had me on video sealing the container and all this other bullshit... I told them I never intended to scare anybody, I simply put the envelope inside and stuck a peice of tape that was on my leg on the container. He wrote me a ticket for "criminal mischeif" said it was a $500 fine + court charges. I left and went back to work when i got there I told them what happend and my parts manager said she would call the cheif (small town). She asked him how I could get out of it and he told her the only way was to see the judge, because the credit union was pressing charges.

So this morrning we called the credit union, and first the said they were'nt pressing charges, and that details could not be discussed. Called back again to call bullshit on their lie, and they said they felt it was a serious matter because I sealed the container and they could not tell what was inside. This is the same credit union I have been with since I was 10 years old, I'm 19 now... My parents have been with them for around 25 years. I have a loan with them, my dad has several, every pennie I make goes through them because I carry hardly any cash, I always use the debit card they gave me, this **** really pisses me off.

So what can I do guys? I'm hopping the judge will be understanding of all this. Everyone I have told this too says it's bullshit, and the one's that do bussiness there are thinking about closing their accounts. I wonder how many people it would take closing their accounts to get them to drop the charges, or if it would even matter?

Cliffnotes: I put a peice of tape on a bank's drive through cylinder with an envelope inside, and they are pressing charges for criminal mischief because thy thought there might be a controled substance inside.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:06 AM
TECH Addict

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

WOW! I don't know what to say... I hope you get this taken care of.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:09 AM
TECH Resident

jesus man, that is rediculous. i guess i would try to talk to a judge about it. people are so crazy these days. seriously if you were going to do something i wouldnt think you would use tape to seal the container. wierd. hope everything works out
Old 07-08-2006, 10:10 AM
Staging Lane

WOW!

try to reason with the judge. People will never stop amazing me!
Old 07-08-2006, 10:19 AM
10 Second Club

Damn thats crazy stuff. Just goes to show how scared & paranoid people are now adays!! Hope everything turns out ok for you.
Old 07-08-2006, 10:43 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That Is Messed Up .....the Dealership Didnt Get Pissed At Ya For using The Pdi To Run Arrents.....here At Our Local Chevy Dealer Is We Try Driving Around In The Pdi Vehicle We Will Get A Beat Down .....hope Everything Gets Taken Care Of Man
Old 07-08-2006, 10:49 AM
12 Second Club

damn crow .... WTF when was this ..... thats some major BS which bank was it ..... hope its not my bank cause that would make me seriously look at chaning banks ..... when you have to go to court for it .... you know all the guys up at ivan will back you up for character witnesses if need be ..... hope it works out and the bank realizes how stupid this is for taking it to this level ..... later man
Old 07-08-2006, 11:16 AM
TECH Fanatic

East Texas professional credit union... This happened at the Kilgore branch. My service manager is going to court with me on tuesday to try and get this taken care of. I think the fact that they took it so far is the only reason they are standing their ground, they feal dumb and want some kind of satisfaction out of it.

As far as arrents in a PDI, going to the bank or burger king drive through is fine, going to lunch and sitting down for a meal isn't.
Old 07-08-2006, 11:54 AM
12 Second Club

good luck with it hope they realize this is a kinda extreme and drop it ..... let us know how it turns out .... not the bank i use but still that would deter me from doing business with them, you gonna change banks?
Old 07-08-2006, 11:56 AM
FormerVendor

do you wear a turbin?
Old 07-08-2006, 12:01 PM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 45 Likes on 19 Posts

Sounds like a full protest just in front of their location might do the trick. Rally up about 100 people with signs about how crazy this bank is.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:06 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
Sounds like a full protest just in front of their location might do the trick. Rally up about 100 people with signs about how crazy this bank is.
Agreed, thats a good idea. I dont know how the police could actually accept those charges with a straight face. How stupid.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:09 PM
12 Second Club

well i live in the same area and ive seen some stupid things and this is pretty high up there with them ... i wouldnt be surprised if this goes all the way to court ..... the picket thing sounds like a fun idea lol crow think you could get enough people out there id be up for it lol
Old 07-08-2006, 12:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

It needs to be durring business hours, and I'm not sure that many people would be able to get off work.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:16 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Nine Ball
THATS what i would do.....
Old 07-08-2006, 12:17 PM
TECH Pimp

Yeah you need to get some people together and change banks asap. That is some bullshit.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:19 PM
TECH Addict

That is insane! Hope everything gets worked out!
Old 07-08-2006, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

I should get a lawyer and counter sue for deformation of character, slander, court costs, attorney fees, emotional distress, and lost time from work... I'm looking into it, but I don't think I can afford a laywer.
Old 07-08-2006, 12:27 PM
TECH Pimp

^Dude take a loan out and sue them with their own money!!
Old 07-08-2006, 12:44 PM
SAI
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by _Zac
^Dude take a loan out and sue them with their own money!!
On the loan form:

Reason for loan: To sue your ***