ANOTHER... texas>california thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 11:21 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by treysoucie
i love Mass... the beaches there are far more beautiful than texas, and cali... but as a state, Mass. sucks!
Mass is a good place to visit that's about all I have to say about it. Other than that theres only car clubs with old guys who make you stand 20 feet away to check out there oldschool rides

Edit: I saw a few Vettes on Cape Cod with Texas Plates over the weekend... Are you guys migrating down here?
Old 07-14-2006, 11:22 AM
TECH Apprentice

Old 07-14-2006, 11:23 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Latin-Man
Ok, Hennifer Lopez
Old 07-14-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Camaroz
Mass is a good place to visit that's about all I have to say about it. Other than that theres only car clubs with old guys who make you stand 20 feet away to check out there oldschool rides

Edit: I saw a few Vettes on Cape Cod with Texas Plates over the weekend... Are you guys migrating down here?
You do realize that Mass is north of Texas right? :

Geography > you
Old 07-14-2006, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by chadtx01
You do realize that Mass is north of Texas right? :

Geography > you
Did I say you could post? Bitch get the **** back in that corner.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:28 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Camaroz
Did I say you could post? Bitch get the **** back in that corner.
haha, nice try Junior.

Dude, when are my coupons for Jiffy Lube getting in? Its raining and I dont feel like changing my oil myself
Old 07-14-2006, 11:31 AM
TECH Fanatic

Hahaha I'm gonna hijack this thread more..
Originally Posted by SouthPark
"Jennifer Lopez": Oh sí, sí. But first I would like to put on my pretty dress.
Cartman: Oh, you mean this one? [whips out a doll's dress for the occasion]
"Jennifer Lopez": Oh sí sí sí. I like it very much.
Cartman: [fits the dress under his hand] There we go, Saright?
"Jennifer Lopez": Saright.
Cartman: That's a very pretty dress. [the Latino Endowment Council is shown again]
"Jennifer Lopez": It better be! I am Hennifer Lopez!
Cartman: Nonono, you're Jennifer Lopez
"Jennifer Lopez": Sí sí. [enunciating] Hennifer Lopez!
Cartman: Nono, Jeh-
"Jennifer Lopez": Heh-
Cartman: Jeh-
"Jennifer Lopez": Heh-
Cartman: Jeh
"Jennifer Lopez": Jeh
Cartman: Jennifer Lopez
"Jennifer Lopez": Hennifer Lopez [members of the council laugh and clap]
Old 07-14-2006, 12:19 PM
Banned

Saying I'm from Texas means that I'm from Texas, kind of like saying I'm from Ohio means that I'm from Ohio, so it does mean something.

We're in the Texas section, so if we want to take some pride in being from this state, we have every right.

If it bugs you or annoys you that much, just avoid the thread and move on to something you want to read. All you're doing is stirring the pot and trying to get a reaction out of people, if you wanna do that, go to the street racing section and call BS on an obvious kill. You should get the reaction you're looking for then.

"Bitch i'm from texas", i suppose, does mean something

it means the person in question was born or lives in Texas

relevant to the situation? no

moot point? yes

that is why it "means" nothing, because there is no actual meaning aside from the obvious, which is semantics anyhow and utterly moot

no problem in taking pride in where you're from/live

saying things like "Bitch i'm from Texas" and actually thinking "man that's a real meaningful thing to say, that's awesome man" is fairly stupid in the mind of anybody over, ohhh let's say a 85 IQ
Old 07-14-2006, 12:21 PM
Banned

bullsh1t!!!! i.e.:
im from idaho bitch! na, doesnt work!

gtfo,
get the *** out!
I'm from Idaho

I'm from texas

same ******* thing, the person who said it, is from that state

does it really mean ****? no, of course not...unless of course you buy into childish generalizations

this thread needs more facts and less stupid blind generalized horse ****

oh, and who the hell are you?
Old 07-14-2006, 12:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by D Hurr is Like
"Bitch i'm from texas", i suppose, does mean something

it means the person in question was born or lives in Texas

relevant to the situation? no

moot point? yes

that is why it "means" nothing, because there is no actual meaning aside from the obvious, which is semantics anyhow and utterly moot

no problem in taking pride in where you're from/live

saying things like "Bitch i'm from Texas" and actually thinking "man that's a real meaningful thing to say, that's awesome man" is fairly stupid in the mind of anybody over, ohhh let's say a 85 IQ
I guess its all subjective and a matter of opinion. To someone that takes great pride in coming from Texas, it could mean more than it does to you.

I'm not saying that it was the smartest thing to say, but neither of us were there, so we dont know the outcome, but if it got the girls out of the room and did what he intended it to, then it apparently it meant plenty to the other people in the room as well.

Kind of like saying "Bitch, I drive a LS1"

Could mean alot to the little kid in the civic with the fart can and wing, but to the guy in the 650 hp cobra, it probably means nothing.

So, while you may think its a moot point and stupid, I dont think you can justify yourself buy saying that anybody that agrees with the comment is fairly stupid.

Seeing as you probably have an IQ over 85, you shouldn't have too much trouble understanding that.
Old 07-14-2006, 12:29 PM
TECH Apprentice

Ding, Ding, Ding
Old 07-14-2006, 12:57 PM
Banned

I guess its all subjective and a matter of opinion. To someone that takes great pride in coming from Texas, it could mean more than it does to you.

I'm not saying that it was the smartest thing to say, but neither of us were there, so we dont know the outcome, but if it got the girls out of the room and did what he intended it to, then it apparently it meant plenty to the other people in the room as well.

Kind of like saying "Bitch, I drive a LS1"

Could mean alot to the little kid in the civic with the fart can and wing, but to the guy in the 650 hp cobra, it probably means nothing.

So, while you may think its a moot point and stupid, I dont think you can justify yourself buy saying that anybody that agrees with the comment is fairly stupid.

Seeing as you probably have an IQ over 85, you shouldn't have too much trouble understanding that.

pardon me, i apologize for making the assumption that the majority of functional human beings don't place faith or any sort of sanctity in empty, meaningless generalizations

if you do, that's fine, it's your right, i feel sorry for you

the girls could have said "I'm from Brooklyn" right back to him, would it have been an acceptable point? no...unless of course the Texas guy had an extreme mafia phobia or something

it really is meaningless, to say the very least about how tactless it would be to say to somebody "Bitch i'm from Texas" lol, so much so it's funny

to each his own though, if the girls were dumb enough to think "oh god he's from Texas...that means....*insert any random ridiculous item here*" then it really stands more as a testament to lenient abortion laws, at least to me
Old 07-14-2006, 01:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

pardon me, i apologize for making the assumption that the majority of functional human beings don't place faith or any sort of sanctity in empty, meaningless generalizations

if you do, that's fine, it's your right, i feel sorry for you

the girls could have said "I'm from Brooklyn" right back to him, would it have been an acceptable point? no...unless of course the Texas guy had an extreme mafia phobia or something

it really is meaningless, to say the very least about how tactless it would be to say to somebody "Bitch i'm from Texas" lol, so much so it's funny

to each his own though, if the girls were dumb enough to think "oh god he's from Texas...that means....*insert any random ridiculous item here*" then it really stands more as a testament to lenient abortion laws, at least to me
You shouldn't make any kind of assumptions. As you can tell by reading the replies in this thread, the majority of the members here agree that being from Texas does mean something.

On numerous occasions, that simple phrase has said enough to prove a point so as I said before, its not meaningless to everybody. I for one am proud to be a Texan and dont mind showing my pride.

You can sit back and say you feel sorry for me, and you can even try to sway my ideas and beliefs with your vast knowledge and supreme intelligence, at least the intelligence that you try to convey to everybody but just remember, Bitch I'm from Texas and no matter how much you try to break it down, it means something.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:21 PM
Banned

You shouldn't make any kind of assumptions. As you can tell by reading the replies in this thread, the majority of the members here agree that being from Texas does mean something.

On numerous occasions, that simple phrase has said enough to prove a point so as I said before, its not meaningless to everybody. I for one am proud to be a Texan and dont mind showing my pride.

You can sit back and say you feel sorry for me, and you can even try to sway my ideas and beliefs with your vast knowledge and supreme intelligence, at least the intelligence that you try to convey to everybody but just remember, Bitch I'm from Texas and no matter how much you try to break it down, it means something.

right and the entire thread all ive said was that it means nothing

maybe to you

but to the rest of the functional human being world that knows generalizations from adam...it means aboslutely nothing
Old 07-14-2006, 01:24 PM
TECH Fanatic

right and the entire thread all ive said was that it means nothing

maybe to you

but to the rest of the functional human being world that knows generalizations from adam...it means aboslutely nothing
You realize that the more you post the dumber you look. You see how it means stuff to the members that are posting. So basically, what you're doing is calling everybody in this thread except you "non functional to the world"

BTW, seeing as your 18 years old and probably right out of high school, what do you do for a living and what type of contributions have you made to society?
Old 07-14-2006, 01:25 PM
TECH Enthusiast

I'm from Idaho

I'm from texas

same ******* thing, the person who said it, is from that state

does it really mean ****? no, of course not...unless of course you buy into childish generalizations

this thread needs more facts and less stupid blind generalized horse ****

oh, and who the hell are you?

who the hell are you?
Old 07-14-2006, 01:26 PM
TECH Enthusiast

exactly, now your contradicting yourself...

gay
Old 07-14-2006, 01:33 PM
Banned

You realize that the more you post the dumber you look. You see how it means stuff to the members that are posting. So basically, what you're doing is calling everybody in this thread except you "non functional to the world"

BTW, seeing as your 18 years old and probably right out of high school, what do you do for a living and what type of contributions have you made to society?

No.

I simply said that the statement, in that particular context, whether you can understand it or not, means nothing

it's empty

period

it lacks a ******* predicate; is grammar that tough?

the gesture is empty, meaningless

Anybody that assigns meaning to it, is feeding into some sort of stigma or generalization. Sounding awfully familiar yet?

Whether you decide to admit to it or not, it's the truth.

I didn't call anybody in this thread non functional to the world, I said that functioning people can realize the difference between a blind generalization and something that holds ACTUAL basis

i'm more than certain everybody in this thread CAN do that, if they CHOOSE to regarding certain things is entirely up to them

BTW, I attend U of H, 3.6 in Pre Law, transferring this january to Villanova, St. John's, or hopefully Georgetown we'll see
Old 07-14-2006, 01:34 PM
Banned

exactly, now your contradicting yourself...

gay

Care to point out how?

and it's you're or you are

contractions are tough though
Old 07-14-2006, 01:41 PM
TECH Enthusiast

No.

I simply said that the statement, in that particular context, whether you can understand it or not, means nothing

it's empty

period

it lacks a ******* predicate; is grammar that tough?

the gesture is empty, meaningless

Anybody that assigns meaning to it, is feeding into some sort of stigma or generalization. Sounding awfully familiar yet?

Whether you decide to admit to it or not, it's the truth.

I didn't call anybody in this thread non functional to the world, I said that functioning people can realize the difference between a blind generalization and something that holds ACTUAL basis

i'm more than certain everybody in this thread CAN do that, if they CHOOSE to regarding certain things is entirely up to them

BTW, I attend U of H, 3.6 in Pre Law, transferring this january to Villanova, St. John's, or hopefully Georgetown we'll see

you over analyzed this way the *** too much...
am i supposed to be impressed at a kid claiming "pre law" thats been in a shitty college for only 1 year? lol
for that, i laugh at you.

i dont give a **** about punctuation so dont come back with "your stupid because you dont capitalize ****!"