ANOTHER... texas>california thread!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 01:43 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if u dont like this thread gtfo! lol, you are making me laugh with all your gay grammar lessons
Old 07-14-2006, 01:46 PM
TECH Apprentice

Originally Posted by D Hurr is Like
BTW, I attend U of H, 3.6 in Pre Law, transferring this january to Villanova, St. John's, or hopefully Georgetown we'll see

For a minute there... I thought you were an English teacher, simply by the way your are correcting people here regarding their english usage. I guess we're too much in hurry to submint a post before proof-reading it

with a G.P.A. like that, you should have no problem getting into Georgetown....Good luck

BTW, I was pre-med, probably still can if I wanted too...I just took the road less traveled
Old 07-14-2006, 01:47 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by treysoucie
you over analyzed this way the *** too much...
am i supposed to be impressed at a kid claiming "pre law" thats been in a shitty college for only 1 year? lol
for that, i laugh at you.

i dont give a **** about punctuation so dont come back with "your stupid because you dont capitalize ****!"

shitty colllege? lol...U of H pre-law/political science curricula ranks amongst the top 100 most demanding in the United States

Where do you go to school?

Have you ever even been? Can you even get into the University of Houston?

you don't know contractions
you can't punctuate

judging by that, i'd say your essay for any actual institute of higher learning would certainly be laughable at very best

i'm not speaking in sentences, this is informal

however I do still spell correctly, and use the words that fit what i'm actually trying to convey

again it would be "you're stupid", but you don't care about correct words
Old 07-14-2006, 01:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

No.

I simply said that the statement, in that particular context, whether you can understand it or not, means nothing

it's empty

period

it lacks a ******* predicate; is grammar that tough?

the gesture is empty, meaningless

Anybody that assigns meaning to it, is feeding into some sort of stigma or generalization. Sounding awfully familiar yet?

Whether you decide to admit to it or not, it's the truth.

I didn't call anybody in this thread non functional to the world, I said that functioning people can realize the difference between a blind generalization and something that holds ACTUAL basis

i'm more than certain everybody in this thread CAN do that, if they CHOOSE to regarding certain things is entirely up to them

BTW, I attend U of H, 3.6 in Pre Law, transferring this january to Villanova, St. John's, or hopefully Georgetown we'll see
If you're going into law, you should understand when a matter is subjective. I'm sure you'll go over that once you get into law, apparently they didnt go over it in high school.

Basically, you're saying YOU dont feel like that statement has meaning. If YOU dont feel like that, its fine, thats your choice. But in no way shape or form, can you say that its emtpy and meaningless to everybody.

The statement wasn't saying Santa Clause is real so theres no cut and dry, black and white meaning.

Why dont you look at it in this light. If you go to Iraq, and you say "I'm from America bitch" is that a meaningless emtpy statement?

I dare you to find a US soldier or vet and say that its meaningless. I would love to see them bitch slap some sense into you.

Just because you find no meaning in it, doesnt mean that its not there. No matter how much you try to break it down.

If you dont like the direction this thread is going with the comparisons, get over it and find another thread to read. If you want to keep posting stupid bullshit, go for it, I've got another 4 hours at work.

And congratulations on being a student, so far you haven't done **** to contribute to society. Once you do, then maybe you can talk about everybody else being non functional.

Now maybe you should follow Trey's advice and GTFO.
Old 07-14-2006, 01:49 PM
TECH Apprentice

Are we gonna be graded at the end of this thread??
Old 07-14-2006, 01:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

It's about to be a what? Girlfight!
Old 07-14-2006, 01:50 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Latin-Man
For a minute there... I thought you were an English teacher, simply by the way your are correcting people here regarding their english usage. I guess we're too much in hurry to submint a post before proof-reading it

with a G.P.A. like that, you should have no problem getting into Georgetown....Good luck

BTW, I was pre-med, probably still can if I wanted too...I just took the road less traveled
appreciated

pre-med where?
Old 07-14-2006, 01:51 PM
TECH Apprentice

Tarleton State Univ (A&M branch)
Old 07-14-2006, 01:57 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by chadtx01
If you're going into law, you should understand when a matter is subjective. I'm sure you'll go over that once you get into law, apparently they didnt go over it in high school.

Basically, you're saying YOU dont feel like that statement has meaning. If YOU dont feel like that, its fine, thats your choice. But in no way shape or form, can you say that its emtpy and meaningless to everybody.

The statement wasn't saying Santa Clause is real so theres no cut and dry, black and white meaning.

Why dont you look at it in this light. If you go to Iraq, and you say "I'm from America bitch" is that a meaningless emtpy statement?

I dare you to find a US soldier or vet and say that its meaningless. I would love to see them bitch slap some sense into you.

Just because you find no meaning in it, doesnt mean that its not there. No matter how much you try to break it down.

If you dont like the direction this thread is going with the comparisons, get over it and find another thread to read. If you want to keep posting stupid bullshit, go for it, I've got another 4 hours at work.

And congratulations on being a student, so far you haven't done **** to contribute to society. Once you do, then maybe you can talk about everybody else being non functional.

Now maybe you should follow Trey's advice and GTFO.

of ******* course i know what subjectivity is, it came across quite obviously in my prior post where i said something to the effect of

Anybody that assigns meaning to it, is feeding into some sort of stigma or generalization. Sounding awfully familiar yet?

Whether you decide to admit to it or not, it's the truth.

I didn't call anybody in this thread non functional to the world, I said that functioning people can realize the difference between a blind generalization and something that holds ACTUAL basis

i'm more than certain everybody in this thread CAN do that, if they CHOOSE to regarding certain things is entirely up to them

the matter of accepting a generalization at face value or making it into something of your own is ambiguous

subjective to say the least

the statement is empty because it lacks a predicate, simple english

nothing more nothing less

you assign your own meaning to it, but only under a realization that yes, it is in very much FACT a GENERALIZATION

my point....the entire time

if a soldier says "i'm from america bitch" it simply means he's from america, if it means something more is ambiguous

IT IS STILL A GENERALIZATION

english mother ****** do you speak it?
Old 07-14-2006, 02:03 PM
TECH Apprentice

Oklahoma rules!!! (I see some backfire pretty soon )
Old 07-14-2006, 02:03 PM
TECH Fanatic

of ******* course i know what subjectivity is, it came across quite obviously in my prior post where i said something to the effect of

the matter of accepting a generalization at face value or making it into something of your own is ambiguous

subjective to say the least

the statement is empty because it lacks a predicate, simple english

nothing more nothing less

you assign your own meaning to it, but only under a realization that yes, it is in very much FACT a GENERALIZATION

my point....the entire time

if a soldier says "i'm from america bitch" it simply means he's from america, if it means something more is ambiguous

IT IS STILL A GENERALIZATION

english mother ****** do you speak it?
You're going to make a horrible lawyer. I'll be surpised if you make it through law school. You try to see **** as black and white even though theres a huge gray area.

Honestly, Id be suprised if you are actually pre-law. You're 18 years old, just out of high school and probably still living at home. You'll probably end up being an Art major or something like that. I see San Jac in the very near future for you.

Keep posting though, I'm getting a good kick out of this, and I'm at work until 6:00 on fridays.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:10 PM
Banned

You're going to make a horrible lawyer. I'll be surpised if you make it through law school. You try to see **** as black and white even though theres a huge gray area.

Honestly, Id be suprised if you are actually pre-law. You're 18 years old, just out of high school and probably still living at home. You'll probably end up being an Art major or something like that. I see San Jac in the very near future for you.

Keep posting though, I'm getting a good kick out of this, and I'm at work until 6:00 on fridays.

already accepted into the political science/pre-law program at St. John's University and Villanova University...your prognostication is a little off

if a ******* sentence is empty or not doesn't contain any "gray" area, it is...or it isn't

you know nothing about me...or law

you know about as much about what makes a good lawyer as you do what constitutes a non predicated generalization

Mother- Cornell Law, Large Private firm 1st year out
Father's brother- NYU Law, Mid-Private 1st year
Father's brother- Fordham Law, large private first year out
Father's deceased brother- NYU law, district attorney's office 2 years, large private firm post DA

i've grown up around people that actually know what it takes to be a lawyer...your words are about as meaningful as "I'm from anywhereusa"
Old 07-14-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Enthusiast

shitty colllege? lol...U of H pre-law/political science curricula ranks amongst the top 100 most demanding in the United States

Where do you go to school?

Have you ever even been? Can you even get into the University of Houston?

you don't know contractions
you can't punctuate

judging by that, i'd say your essay for any actual institute of higher learning would certainly be laughable at very best

i'm not speaking in sentences, this is informal

however I do still spell correctly, and use the words that fit what i'm actually trying to convey

again it would be "you're stupid", but you don't care about correct words

your're obviously smarter than everyone else here, because you implement a stricter code of grammar and punctuation than most other people on the board do. i am a grad student working on my master of engineering degree at texas A & M. during summer i work with Jacobs Engineering here in houston, as an I&E designer. like i said before, this is a forum, and i dont like writing formally here, cause it makes u seem like a douche bag.

con·tra·dict ( P )
v. con·tra·dict·ed, con·tra·dict·ing, con·tra·dicts
v. tr.
To assert or express the opposite of (a statement).
To deny the statement of. See Synonyms at deny.
To be contrary to; be inconsistent with.

i believe when you posted:
the girls could have said "I'm from Brooklyn" right back to him, would it have been an acceptable point? no...unless of course the Texas guy had an extreme mafia phobia or something

so you stated that it would be possible for the texas guy to feel an emotion if he already had an emotional attach to the aforementioned city. this could be possible to any other state, city, county etc., and renders your previous statements flawed to say the least.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:14 PM
TECH Apprentice

Father's deceased brother- NYU law, district attorney's office 2 years, large private firm post DA
DAM I guess the torch is in your hands now huh?? gotta keep that family tradition going on.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:17 PM
TECH Enthusiast

already accepted into the political science/pre-law program at St. John's University and Villanova University...your prognostication is a little off

if a ******* sentence is empty or not doesn't contain any "gray" area, it is...or it isn't

you know about as much about what makes a good lawyer as you do what constitutes a non predicated generalization

i've grown up around people that actually know what it takes to be a lawyer...your words are about as meaningful as "I'm from anywhereusa"

here u go:

Old 07-14-2006, 02:18 PM
TECH Apprentice

here u go:

ROFLMAO
Old 07-14-2006, 02:19 PM
Banned

your're obviously smarter than everyone else here, because you implement a stricter code of grammar and punctuation than most other people on the board do. i am a grad student working on my master of engineering degree at texas A & M. during summer i work with Jacobs Engineering here in houston, as an I&E designer. like i said before, this is a forum, and i dont like writing formally here, cause it makes u seem like a douche bag.

con·tra·dict ( P )
v. con·tra·dict·ed, con·tra·dict·ing, con·tra·dicts
v. tr.
To assert or express the opposite of (a statement).
To deny the statement of. See Synonyms at deny.
To be contrary to; be inconsistent with.

i believe when you posted:

so you stated that it would be possible for the texas guy to feel an emotion if he already had an emotional attach to the aforementioned city. this could be possible to any other state, city, county etc., and renders your previous statements flawed to say the least.

No it renders none of my previous statements flawed to say the least

i've already said numerous times that in that context the gesture is empty

if he buys into a stigma or generalization then that creates his own meaning...in HIS own mind; hence mafia:brooklyn...genius...it still means nothing in actuality aside from holding residence at one time or currently in a certain area....******* period.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:19 PM
TECH Fanatic

Well, as quick as you send me copies of diplomas and business cards and maybe a few references, then I'll be satisfied. Until then, you're just another kid that uses his keyboard to try to make himself look smarter than he really is.

If you really wanna discuss it and prove a point, I'll be at the Pearland meet tonight, feel free to approach me and you can make any points that you want. Until then, I'm gonna stick by my last statement.

If you wanna bring the acceptance letter from your schools of choice, maybe then I'll retract what I said.
Old 07-14-2006, 02:21 PM
Banned

Well, as quick as you send me copies of diplomas and business cards and maybe a few references, then I'll be satisfied. Until then, you're just another kid that uses his keyboard to try to make himself look smarter than he really is.

If you really wanna discuss it and prove a point, I'll be at the Pearland meet tonight, feel free to approach me and you can make any points that you want. Until then, I'm gonna stick by my last statement.

If you wanna bring the acceptance letter from your schools of choice, maybe then I'll retract what I said.

awesome dude!

I won't be there
Old 07-14-2006, 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

**** THIS!!! Im getting me a cookie damit!!! making me hungry and ****