So I got pulled over...for a good reason

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 01:08 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Default So I got pulled over...for a good reason

Yea so i'm at a park playin' soccer on the tennis court with some friends and the lights cut out on us. *This becomes very ironic to my story* We part ways and I head home. I'm driving and I look down to my gauges and their are no lights! I can't see anything, so I take a light just to get off the Hwy. At this point I only live maybe 3 miles away so I'm thinking i'll be okay, NOT. Now I'm seeing flashing red & blue in my mirrors and I was like "****". Reason I say that is because I did a lil' burn out while turning at the light from being pissed off that my car isn't working right. So I pulled on a side road and leave the car running because I don't know if its gunna die if I shut it off. (Normally i'll turn the car off so they can't hear the loud-ness and put the keys on the dashboard.) Well, it was a lady sheriff and I told her immediately after I gave her my license and insurance that my car's dash lights and gauges just stopped working on the hwy so I turned off to this road she was on to drive the back roads home.

She was real cool about it, but she didn't know anything about cars. She asked me to shut it off and see if it'll start and fix the problem. I did and tried to start it and got nothing. Played around with it, checked under the hood and out of the blue, a friend of mine I worked with stops by while i'll on the phone with my mom trying to explain what was going on. The cop comes back and has a written warnning for me for defective tail and head lights. Thats when I figure out exactly why she pulled me over. I wasn't sure if my other lights where working or not because my headlights and flashers worked. So she tells me that my car has to move quickly or else I'ma get towed. Since it wouldn't start and jumpping the car didn't work, we tried to push start it since I have the god almighly M6. Thank god it worked and I was on my merry way home with the flashers.

I get home and leave the car running loudly as my TCS powers my cut-out which wasn't working. So, first I check my battery voltage because I've had similar problems before from when my Alternator and battery died. That checked out okay so I started pulling some fuses. I ended up blowing 2 fuses on the side of the dash. The gauge fuse and the Tail LPBS. Turns out, the car won't start if the gauge fuse is blown. All is well now because I fixed the cause of it all. It was one of my turn signal lights/socket. It came out and was dragging the road in which tripped the fuses. Real fun night. I'm glad I know a lot about cars. I learned a few extra things too.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:21 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool.
Old 07-26-2006, 01:31 AM
TECH Addict

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SlowTA
Cool.
Yea I am!
Old 07-26-2006, 01:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

lucky, man that was pure luck
Old 07-26-2006, 01:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Thank god for the m6
Old 07-26-2006, 09:27 PM
TECH Junkie

luck was on your side
Old 07-26-2006, 09:44 PM
Banned

DAMN! What is the deal? Well, all I have to say is M6 > LS1, .