well guys it happened...

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2006, 11:10 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So you have 1 blowout and that means BFG sucks ****, along with anyone else that likes their tires? ok...
Old 10-13-2006, 08:25 AM
TECH Senior Member

A Z-rated tire doesn't disintegrate like a semi truck tire either -- they are built to fail without coming apart for safety reasons. That said, if your sidewall separated from the tire, it had to be previously damaged somehow. Driving while it was severely underinflated or flat, hitting a curb, etc.

Definitely glad you walked away though, cars come and go but people don't.
Old 10-13-2006, 09:31 AM
TECH Regular

thats insane, good to hear your alright.
So do you have any pics of the damage to the Golf course? not everyday you get to tear it up like that on a golf course.
Old 10-13-2006, 02:38 PM
TECH Resident

Well be greatful that your ok. Mine seem to be going just fine.
Old 10-13-2006, 03:30 PM
TECH Senior Member

I see fucked up **** with tires every day, and most the time stuff like this just dosent happen. When was the last time the tires were the car to be inspected? Its highly possible the tire could have been seperated in a spot that you couldnt of seen or just didnt pay attention to. There could have also been and impact bubble on the inside sidewall that wouldnt have been visible unless the tires were off the car. Dont mean to be a dick or anything, but with statements like what you just made, this prolly could have all be avoided with proper manintenence.
Old 10-13-2006, 05:49 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

everyone is asking him about when was the last time his tires were inspected. that is good and all but he could have had them inspected 5 min before this accident and still picked up something that was in the road and caused this to happen. as mentioned before tires now a days are much better and do not just blow out on any regular basis. yes some tires do have factory defects but they are pretty few and far between. i worked 7 years for sears automotive and we would see maybe 2 or 3 factory defects a week at the very most. we saw tires that blewout all the time but you could very easily bet that there was a nail or hole in the tread that caused it to blow out. the odds were like a good 80+ %.

glad you are ok and sorry about the car.
Old 10-13-2006, 07:45 PM
TECH Fanatic

I thought those were not for highway usage?
Old 10-13-2006, 08:34 PM
TECH Apprentice

Hey grip and 5W40, I said I was retarded. lol. No hard feelings.... And I did notice today that it was an only 2-3 psi increase with no burn out....I figured it would be more.? Now back on topic! Its still good that no one is dead, as I mentioned earlier I could have killed my bro's two KIDS. (On the other hand my buddys bro got killed in a Frontier because it was raining and the rear end came out from behind him. He was 23.) People can't be replaced, and sadly, I didn't remember anything that happend. I've had to replace one ta due to an accident and now you can get you another one too, hek yea!!! Be positive man, it will work out!
Old 10-14-2006, 12:48 AM
Staging Lane

[QUOTE=The Red WS.6]Call me retarded, but dosent tire pressure increase as the tire "heats up", as in nascar? QUOTE]
The company I work for uses nitrogen to inflate tires, I am sure that most racing teams would use this as tire pressure is regulated easier since nitrogen is dry. I may be wrong but I would assume this is correct
Old 10-14-2006, 12:59 AM
TECH Apprentice

Thanks for the info!
Old 10-14-2006, 01:06 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so uhh... can I buy the lid and smooth bellows? :o :o :o

sucks about the car, I always have to check my tires every other week since i don't have time to take them somewhere to get the stems replaced...

i hate tires
Old 10-14-2006, 01:20 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by Demon Of Dreams
i don't have time to take them somewhere to get the stems replaced...

i hate tires
Are you saying that your valve stems are damaged/leaking?
Old 10-14-2006, 04:27 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Originally Posted by Brains
A Z-rated tire doesn't disintegrate like a semi truck tire either -- they are built to fail without coming apart for safety reasons. That said, if your sidewall separated from the tire, it had to be previously damaged somehow. Driving while it was severely underinflated or flat, hitting a curb, etc.

Definitely glad you walked away though, cars come and go but people don't.
Very well put Brian! **** happens, but as long as you're in good condition thats all what matters most. Cars can, and will be replaced, so don't frett about that man.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 10-14-2006, 09:43 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by red92rsls1
Are you saying that your valve stems are damaged/leaking?
yes, the car is from seattle and had work done at a Les Schwab and unfortunately they're not known for long lasting valve stems ...

it's not very noticable but I know its happening, just don't have the time to go take care of it
Old 10-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Staging Lane

thanks again guys i remember how lucky i am when i read whats on here, and as for my car it has 7k worth of damage but may not be totalled? haabudaa wuuh? the shop we took it to said it mostly cosmetic thanks to my hotchkis subframe conectors. they said it kept the frame from warping much (1/2"). I found out tomorow if its totaled for sure or not. ill post up pics of the car and the tracks into the golf course..whats left of them, its been raining.