rumsfeld out...

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2006, 09:54 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jeffstar
You know, I don't know a lot about that. However, I do know that he set up secret prisons and violated the geneva convention...which protected my Grand Father and my Father when they fought in WW2 (Army Air Core) and Korea/Vietnam (Marines) (respectively) so...I'm not a fan of the man. However, in the larger scheme of things....it's going to be a political blood bath over the next 2 years.
Hey dont' take this as a bash b/c i respect all your family has done for this country, and not to mention im in the Army and have been to Iraq. but here is the thing the Iraqis/militia over there dont' follow the Geneva convention im so not saying what happend over there is right but when our boys are being kidnapped or our civilian contractors are being beheaded i have no sempathy for what happend in abugrabe.

As for us getting the troops home, You have to realize that we started something huge (changing the infrastructure/ government) and that just dosn't happen over night. Believe me i don't want to go back but what we are doing is a good thing and alot of Iraqis are happy we are there i know this b/c my job in the army is to talk to the people and then some..
Either way if we pull out now everything we have done will be for nothing they will fall into another civil war and we will be back where we started. We have to build of the government enough to sistain themselves and strengthn the military enough to be able to protect themselves. We will be out soon enough so just keep showing your support.

K im done..
Old 11-09-2006, 09:57 AM
TECH Fanatic

He tried to resign 2 other times before, and Bush wouldn't let him
Old 11-09-2006, 10:00 AM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by crsmetal

Hey dont' take this as a bash b/c i respect all your family has done for this country, and not to mention im in the Army and have been to Iraq. but here is the thing the Iraqis/militia over there dont' follow the Geneva convention im so not saying what happend over there is right but when our boys are being kidnapped or our civilian contractors are being beheaded i have no sempathy for what happend in abugrabe.

As for us getting the troops home, You have to realize that we started something huge (changing the infrastructure/ government) and that just dosn't happen over night. Believe me i don't want to go back but what we are doing is a good thing and alot of Iraqis are happy we are there i know this b/c my job in the army is to talk to the people and then some..
Either way if we pull out now everything we have done will be for nothing they will fall into another civil war and we will be back where we started. We have to build of the government enough to sistain themselves and strengthn the military enough to be able to protect themselves. We will be out soon enough so just keep showing your support.

K im done..
I understand and respect your view. However, I can't agree with it. I feel that our country can NOT protect ours basic ideas of Freedom, Human Rights and Democracy with secret torture camps, violating the Geneva convention and violating human rights, no matter who our enemies are....everyone, regardless of what they've done, deserves a trial by jury that is open to the public and nobody, ever, deserves to be held for 5-6 years in prisons that use torture and violate basic human rights (American or not) with out charge. I'm sorry you are unable to have sympathy and empathy for other people when their human rights are violated. I'd like to see how you'd feel about tortue and human rights after you experience something to the effect. Say being crammed into a box and beaten for a few hours a day with out food or water, or being mentally tortured. You seem really tough when you're talking about not having sympathy, it's very Toby Keith of you, however after having all your finger nails ripped out because you "might" have some information that somebody wants I have a gut feeling you'd be thinking differently.

It's hard to stand up and do the right thing when nobody else is, including our enemies be them geopolitically bound or not. However, as Americans I feel it's our duty to embody the ideas we say we're protecting, during warefare and during peace time.

Also, I never said our Country shouldn't be operating in the middle East I just don't like how or what we're doing there.

Finally....I'm done with this post. I could go on for hours. There is a reason our country is extremely politically polarized right now and living in Texas I am part of the minority of people who support Human Rights for our enemy combatants captured and imprisoned. Back to talking cars, much more fun for me.

Last edited by jeffstar; 11-09-2006 at 11:04 AM.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:01 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by crsmetal

K im done..
I've heard similar statements from many people who have actually been in Iraq. I don't understand why the people who have NO CLUE won't STFU, and let the military do their job.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:31 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by 2002C5COUPE
He tried to resign 2 other times before, and Bush wouldn't let him
G.W.Bush is the dumbest and worst president the country has ever had, and we all know he's gonna have a real hard time for the next two years and be out in 2008.
Old 11-09-2006, 10:42 AM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Intimidator SS
G.W.Bush is the dumbest and worst president the country has ever had, and we all know he's gonna have a real hard time for the next two years and be out in 2008.
You mean he won't run for a 3rd term???!!!

Old 11-09-2006, 10:51 AM
TECH Regular

Also, I never said our Country shouldn't be operating in the middle East I just don't like how or what we're doing there.
that statement wasn't gears towards you, but the person who posted after you.

Im sorry but here is where my ignorance is ganna show but what torture camps are you talking about?
Old 11-09-2006, 10:52 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by 2002C5COUPE
I've heard similar statements from many people who have actually been in Iraq. I don't understand why the people who have NO CLUE won't STFU, and let the military do their job.

Old 11-09-2006, 11:08 AM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by hawgs
You mean he won't run for a 3rd term???!!!
It doesn't matter if he will or not, he won't be re-elected, that's for sure, ppl got tired of him and his incompetence, he recently realized that, didn't he?
Old 11-09-2006, 11:12 AM
TECH Regular

It doesn't matter if he will or not, he won't be re-elected, that's for sure, ppl got tired of him and his incompetence, he recently realized that, didn't he?
So what has he done to **** you off so much?
Old 11-09-2006, 11:12 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by mattsls1
Dumbest post of 2006
I'm sorry, what's dumb about my post, the Rumsfeld stepping down or bring our troops home??? You don't know what it is to lose someone to this war. If it takes Rumsfeld stepping down, or the republicans lossing the election to bring them home, so be it. Just my .02 cent.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:17 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by SuperSam
I'm sorry, what's dumb about my post, the Rumsfeld stepping down or bring our troops home??? You don't know what it is to lose someone to this war. If it takes Rumsfeld stepping down, or the republicans lossing the election to bring them home, so be it. Just my .02 cent.
Im sorry for you loss, iv lost 3 friends over there, thankfully none in my unit, but what would be the point of just leaving? Everybody who has fought and died over there would all be in vein! It would accomplish nothing bringing everyone home.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:26 AM
TECH Fanatic

I stay out of politics and such, but I giggled a little when I read this. Are you unaware that Bush can NOT run again?
Old 11-09-2006, 11:33 AM
TECH Junkie

I'd like to see how you'd feel about tortue and human rights after you experience something to the effect. Say being crammed into a box and beaten for a few hours a day with out food or water, or being mentally tortured.
Your a complete Douche bag and your above statement really reflects just how limited you are and thoroughly brainwashed by the outspoken PC liberals in this country. There are men women and children who have been trained right now to bomb you and everyone you know. They wont hesitate to kill your 2 yr old baby and her mother.
Why dont you go watch the best friends youve ever had get bombed on a daily basis or come back with mangled bodies, you dont think thats torture, our active service go through that everyday over there! I feel no remorse or sympathy for terrorists this includes women who hold the same ideals they have killed over 3000 of our civilians and still are plotting against us.

Last edited by 02sierraz71_5.3; 11-09-2006 at 02:02 PM.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:51 AM
TECH Senior Member

This post shows both your stupidity AND ignorance.
Old 11-09-2006, 11:55 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SuperSam
Bringing the troops home right now would be stupid. Everything we have worked for would be lost. I have friends over there currently. And they are proud about that!
Old 11-09-2006, 11:56 AM
TECH Regular

And I'm sure you have sooo many valid reasons to back that up, reasons that the liberal bulls%^t media didn't force feed into your head.

Oh yeah, just a little political lesson, Presidents are limited to two terms only, sorry to dissapoint!
Old 11-09-2006, 12:16 PM
TECH Fanatic

He bit! I got him!

No more political posts for you since its obvious you don't even know the first thing about the Presidency. The tables have turned... and it turns out you're the idiot, not W.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:22 PM
TECH Senior Member

Talking

I am thinking politics is out of your scope of knowledge sir.
Old 11-09-2006, 12:23 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by NHRAMAN
I am thinking politics is out of your scope of knowledge sir.