Anyone had problems with UPS

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2007, 03:23 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Anyone had problems with UPS

I was just wondering because I think I am going to take it in the *** on this one. I just ordered about $6500 worth of **** from Texas Speed and UPS say they left all of it on my FRONT PORCH . Well when I got home there was only a flywheel. Heads, cam, crank, intake, throttle body, fasteners, gaskets, push rods, oil pump and timing chain are missing. I have talked to Jon at TSP and he is doing all he can to find out what is going on.This really sucks since every thing was going to the machine shop next Monday. Just wondering if this has happend to anyone before and what did you do about it. I need some help with this.
Old 03-15-2007, 03:26 AM
Sex On Wheels

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I hope there is signature verification on that shipment. I've heard of UPS guys signing it themselves and just leaving it...guess what, that makes the UPS guy liable for any missing/lost items i believe.

GL man and let us know how it turns out!

William
Old 03-15-2007, 05:22 AM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I refuse to use UPS to ship anything.

Contact UPS and tell them what's going on. They'll get the driver involved to find out exactly what happened. They once dropped off my stuff at someone elses house, so somebody got some free stuff. That doesn't sound like your case though.

Good luck.
Old 03-15-2007, 05:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

On big purchases you have to ask the shipper to require signature verification. If not all the UPS person does is leave it at your door and whatever happens from there really isn't there problem. Man I hope it works out for you that's alot of $$$$.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:35 AM
Launching!

If there wasn't a signature required for all of that stuff, then you should be talking with TSP. They should never let something that valuable be just dropped off to save a couple of bucks, if that is case (not saying it is). Otherwise if UPS signed for that stuff and just left it I think you will be breaking one off in their a$$ not yours...

Old 03-15-2007, 02:22 PM
TECH Apprentice

I have had on 3 different occasions UPS sign my name and change the mailing address. They changed the mailing address on their own. They claimed that I signed for these packages. I DON'T like them at all. Good luck getting your stuff or your money back.
Old 03-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Teching In

Hey they left my mp3 player on the door once and I actually got a full refund from them all I did whas call the ups people and they came over and asked a few questions filled out a claim and 3 days later I got my money back.
Old 03-15-2007, 07:51 PM
TECH Regular

I had a cam that I ordered come with just an empty box. Took about 3 weeks but I finally got a refund. Call the hell out of the person who is handling the problem. Was the worst follow up service ever...very dissappointed. I get nervous sometimes having UPS just leave **** on the porch.

J
Old 03-15-2007, 07:58 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Unless there is a sig required all they have to do is drop it by the front door.
Old 03-15-2007, 08:08 PM
TECH Resident

man i have a throttle body coming and yall are making me worried
Old 03-16-2007, 01:43 AM
Launching!

I just can't believe that a company would actually leave **** on your porch and drive off. To me that is just crazy. Three big boxes appx 50 # a piece dont just walk off. I am going to check all of my neighbors tomorrow maybe they picked them up cause they knew I wasn't home. If I find out it is the UPS guy switching addresses, I'm going to kick his *** everytime he comes by the house.
Old 03-16-2007, 02:38 AM
TECH Resident

Some of those UPS ******* are lazy.

At this place I used to work, although we only shipped things out maybe 3 times a month, this one driver would get out of his truck everyday and come inside to ask if we had anything going out. Real nice guy. Then they changed the routes and I couldn't pay one of those lazy ******** to come by my store. Sometimes, when a driver would come by to deliver stuff to us, he would try not to accept packages, saying that someone else would come by later to get it. Yeah Right! We usually only had 4 or 5 1lb, small packages, but even that was too much for some of these guys.

Get this, a few weeks ago when I got my Flowmasters, the MF who delivered them didn't even ring the doorbell. He just set them by the door, for all the world to see, with the words FLOWMASTER all over them. Good thing I heard the truck and went to the window to look outside to see him walking away. I opened the door and said to him, "What, are they suppossed to knock themselves?" He just kept walking and got in his truck and left. *******!
Old 03-19-2007, 12:04 AM
Launching!

Well after all of the bullshit I finally found all of my parts. One of my neighbors down the street was walking by and noticed all of the boxes sitting on the front porch and took them down to their house 4 houses down. They said they thought I was out of town since they haven't seen my truck at the house. Hey ******* ever think that I might have gotten a new truck. Some people are just idiots. Anyway I've got to give props to all of the guys @ TSP for all of their help and patience with me. Great customer service.
Old 03-19-2007, 12:54 AM
TECH Resident

Man, that's great, but why would they take everything and leave the flywheel??? How well do you even know these people?