Has anyone had the procedure Zoom or know someone that has? If so, please come in.

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2007, 06:15 PM
9 Second Club NA

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Has anyone had the procedure Zoom or know someone that has? If so, please come in.

Has anyone had this procedure or know someone that has? I'm really considering and it suppose to be the newest way to bleach teeth. Supposely they do 2 to 3 sessions (on the same visit) that lasts 15 to 20 minutes each. Then you'll also have a take home tray to maintain it. I've been quoted $500-$800 for this procedure with the bleaching trays.

Is this a good procedure or should I consider something else? I've also been told that bleaching trays alone take much longer and won't have the results that Zoom will have. We're talking about an hour for full results compared to 2-3 weeks.

Also, does this make your teeth or gums sensitive after the procedure and if so, is it permanent?

Lastly, where did you have it done/where do you recommend?

Any info is greatly appreciate. Thanks
Old 08-10-2007, 06:22 PM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought you got banned?
Old 08-10-2007, 06:25 PM
9 Second Club NA

I was. 1 month. You got me all excited thinking someone had info for me when you were just asking me about being banned.

I've posted a few threads here in the Texas section already, where have you been?
Old 08-10-2007, 06:48 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Dragaholic
I was. 1 month. You got me all excited thinking someone had info for me when you were just asking me about being banned.

I've posted a few threads here in the Texas section already, where have you been?
Old 08-10-2007, 07:10 PM
TECH Veteran

http://www.zoomnow.com/

http://www.discusdental.com/products...parent_skey=44

there's a start
Old 08-10-2007, 07:21 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by CamaroCain
You dont have to be an ***. He was asking for opinions not the website for the product.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:16 PM
9 Second Club NA

Originally Posted by 5w20
That's how I was when I got unbanned. I was having serious withdraws. I'm addicted. I get on every damn day, on every break at work, etc.

CamaroCain, thanks for the links. I was hoping to get first hand experience from members here.

irbs, its all good dude. I've gota approach this site with a different attitude otherwise I'll end up in the **** hole again. I just have to learn not to let things get to me and relax. So join me next time on the next episode of Dr. Dragaholic.
Old 08-10-2007, 09:33 PM
TECH Resident

That's how I was when I got unbanned. I was having serious withdraws. I'm addicted. I get on every damn day, on every break at work, etc.

CamaroCain, thanks for the links. I was hoping to get first hand experience from members here.

irbs, its all good dude. I've gota approach this site with a different attitude otherwise I'll end up in the **** hole again. I just have to learn not to let things get to me and relax. So join me next time on the next episode of Dr. Dragaholic.
I understand but people should just grow up and understand they are making them selves look like idiots.
Old 08-10-2007, 10:20 PM
Launching!

I had it done. It is not that bad, towards the end of my 2nd session my teeth began to get sensitive so they had to stop. If you leave the mouth pcs. in to long your teeth could become sensitive, but that all went away after you quit using the trays. They cover your whole mouth with gause (sp) so they don't fry your gums. It was worth it due to the time saved.
Old 08-11-2007, 07:01 AM
9 Second Club NA

Were the results really noticeable? How much did you pay? Where did you have it done?
Old 08-11-2007, 12:30 PM
Launching!

results were awesome, I had it done 2 years ago and mine are still as white as the day i got it done. For the best results, do not drink any coffee,soda,juice that will stain or eat any type of red sauce, ketchup, mustard while you are using the trays. the dentist that does the procedure will give you a list of things not to eat/drink. I think I had to pay 375 for everything. I live in Dallas and had it done at my dentist.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:44 PM
Launching!

I had it done a couple of years ago while I was on vacation in San Diego. It was quick and painless. They had a buy one get one 1/2 off deal so it was around $200-250 each for my wife and I. It wasn't the amazing difference I had hoped for, but it was noticeable. You could probably buy a crest whitening kit or something and get similar results. As stated you have to watch what you eat for a couple of days, so I wouldn't reccommend doing it on vacation.
Old 08-11-2007, 12:59 PM
9 Second Club NA

Damn, I don't know if I can go without soda, ketchup, mustard, sauce, etc. How long is this period for? Couldn't I just still continue to eat, but maintain the whiteness with the trays?
Old 08-13-2007, 04:21 PM
9 Second Club NA

Anyone else?

Locations?

Price?
Old 08-20-2007, 01:31 PM
9 Second Club NA

Still looking for locations. Anyone else?
Old 08-20-2007, 01:42 PM
TECH Pimp

Damn, I don't know if I can go without soda, ketchup, mustard, sauce, etc. How long is this period for? Couldn't I just still continue to eat, but maintain the whiteness with the trays?
Can't have your cake and eat it too dawg.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:01 PM
Launching!

I did the bright smile about a year ago. My friend works at a dentist office so I just did it to see if it made a difference. I don't smoke, and I really don't drink coffee either so usually the results aren't as great as they would be for someone who has stains due to smoking, etc. I originally wanted to do Zoom, but the dentist recommended Bright Smile. I think they are probably about the same though. I got a few shades whiter, but nothing TOO drastic. If you smoke or drink coffee then I'm sure you will have much better results. If you are in Houston go to Dr. Lepow. He's off West road...you can google it if you want. Oh, and your teeth will be real sensitive after so be careful.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:59 PM
9 Second Club NA

Originally Posted by _Zac
Can't have your cake and eat it too dawg.
:LMAO: Tru dat!

Slomaro, I don't drink coffee or smoke, but I don't have the whitest teeth. They aren't horrible, but they could use some whitening. I think Bright Smile is very expensive, like double or more than Zoom.