Who/What is the fastest Drag Radial "streetcar" in your hood? Must be known!

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2007, 10:20 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Forteen3GT
for the purpose of "MY" thread... it is not a streetcar.....

I am asking about cars that run pump gas, and a consistantly driven on the street to play around with. Known cars.

I am sure those methanol race cars may compete for drag radial classes and Ennis Fastest streetcar shootout.... but I want to know about local cars you see and hear about all the time.

Usually stock style drivetrain & valvetrain, pump gas, and 1 or 2 power adders.
So is it safe to say I can consider my car a "True" Street car if I drive my 2004 GTO 408 single 91MM turbo car to the LSX shootout and trailer it back?
Old 09-05-2007, 10:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

street car is one that has stickers and street tires
Old 09-05-2007, 11:49 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I say a Streetcar is anything you are willing to pull out and race with on the street.

What most of you speak of is "Daily Driver"

I can't stand the cry babies who get all bent because their 800 hp car can't beat a 450 hp car because the 450 hp car is on ET Streets and the 800 hp car has 18" wheels with 35 series tires. One person chose to go for looks, and the other came to race.

I used to get 1200-2000 miles out of a set of ET Streets driving them all over town on Saturday nights and race from a stop, a roll, whatever, no one ever called my car a race car, or not a street car cause it was on the street every Sat night.

I had some kid tell me a truck I was racing in one night was not a fair race against his mustang because the truck did not have AC,
I told him this truck did not come with AC from the factory ( it was a 67 Chevy without AC optioned)
He had a 94/95 Mustang and would not get off the AC crap, when he was the one who asked for a race, he was the one doing all the talking, lost and then felt the need to go from person to person in the lot explaining he lost cause the truck does not have AC its not a fair race, but the truck was there on the street ready to go, so we considered it streetable.

This arguement about what is a street car and what is not is pointless, because its just opinions,

I think you can have a better conversation and draw a more defined line between daily drivers & non daily drivers.

It would be cool if their were some regular True Street stule events at the local tracks that required DOT Tires, mufflers, inspection, insurance, and a drive. All your 8-11 second cars could line em up once a month and get to claim the title.

I always like the way the TRUE Street at Fun Ford in Dallas was run,

Last edited by SERIALPIMP; 09-05-2007 at 12:07 PM.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:17 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by ZONES89RS
haha that is hilarious.
Old 09-05-2007, 12:59 PM
10 Second Club

so to sum it up.... some of you folks dont have a clue how to answer this thread.

daily driver is your "daily driver"

I was looking specifically for a drag radial car that rolls on the street week to week whooping ***! likely going to be a high 8 to low 9 second car... runs 5.70's to 6.20's on the street.

If yall recall.... Josh's red SS was a 347 car with a 200 shot... ran 6.20's at the track... and was capable of beating most of the cars we see at the meets and events. I consider his car a true definition of what I was looking for... not backhalved... stock style suspension......pump gas friendly, and capable of a 100 mile drive.....

In dallas..... you had Tinkrd, Donny in the blue old z28, Stroked, Hollywood, Alex in the C6... and a few others you would see on the street everyweek... this is sort of the definition that I am looking for.

Anyone can get tags and inspection... throw a racecar on the street and say.... hey it is street legal. I am asking for the cars you see all the time on the street that are known and are consistantly whooping some ***.
Old 09-05-2007, 04:00 PM

so to sum it up.... some of you folks dont have a clue how to answer this thread.

I was looking specifically for a drag radial car that rolls on the street week to week whooping ***! likely going to be a high 8 to low 9 second car... runs 5.70's to 6.20's on the street.

If yall recall.... Josh's red SS was a 347 car with a 200 shot... ran 6.20's at the track... and was capable of beating most of the cars we see at the meets and events. I consider his car a true definition of what I was looking for... not backhalved... stock style suspension......pump gas friendly, and capable of a 100 mile drive.....

In dallas..... you had Tinkrd, Donny in the blue old z28, Stroked, Hollywood, Alex in the C6... and a few others you would see on the street everyweek... this is sort of the definition that I am looking for.

Anyone can get tags and inspection... throw a racecar on the street and say.... hey it is street legal. I am asking for the cars you see all the time on the street that are known and are consistantly whooping some ***.
yes, those guys have/had quick daily drivers. Dons blue Camaro is pretty close to being back out again but it will be much less of a daily driver than it was. But it will still be a very quick "street car". I personaly have not been to the street races around here in a long time (pretty much a waste of time) the last time i was at any street races was in Fort Worth (very worth while). But I like racing from a dead stop and most every thing around here that is some what quick likes to run on the highway which just isn't for me. So, ya, I guess for highway racing a car has to be set up more like a daily driver with no gear and or overdrive with no converter (if an automatic) and radial tires. This would make it more of a comfy car to cruise around in but to me not nearly as much fun as a nice violent launch
Old 09-05-2007, 04:58 PM
TECH Resident

I am not building some lightweight 408 car with a F1 blower and 2k hp Fuel system... just a fast streetcar.

Josh... if you dont run 5.80's.... I would be dissappointed! But I will still run ya on low boost!
If I run 5.80's I will be dissapointed
Old 09-05-2007, 05:32 PM
Banned

Booswted GT's car fits that bill just as much as josh's...Did you not catch the video of him driving to the Plano GTG busting that silver 408 C6 with gas on it's ***???
Old 09-05-2007, 05:46 PM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by WOTFMAN
Booswted GT's car fits that bill just as much as josh's...Did you not catch the video of him driving to the Plano GTG busting that silver 408 C6 with gas on it's ***???
so far Chris.... BoostedGT is the king of the mountain in DFW.....Cant wait to see Josh's setup put Boosted on his ***!
Old 09-05-2007, 08:09 PM
TECH Fanatic

so far Chris.... BoostedGT is the king of the mountain in DFW.....Cant wait to see Josh's setup put Boosted on his ***!
whats BoostedGT's set up? high 8's driven around all the time would be a sweet car.
Old 09-05-2007, 10:11 PM
TECH Resident

That wont happen on the street. Track should be a good race hopefully
Old 09-05-2007, 11:12 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

Mike, you said solid roller isnt a street car. Donnys car is solid right?
Old 09-05-2007, 11:19 PM
TECH Pimp

Everyone knows my **** is the fastest.. We put my pump gas setup in Tim lynchs car for his 6 second run

True Story..
Old 09-06-2007, 12:35 AM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by Phoenix383
LOL he has a video of him leacing his house passing some cops getting on the highway and going to the gas station for pump gas and then going to get some icecream at Sonic. So as far as getting a slurpy is concerned you would be wrong. It does run on 93 octane. It is not a caily driver but its only purpose is to bust *** and it is street legal as far as the cops seem to be concerned.

So whacha gonna do?
lol, you just proved my point. most people dont need to post a video driving their car to the sonic past the po-lice just to prove it's street legal car. so what am i gonna do? feel envy and jealousy every time i get in my car wishing it was some super fast datsun...
Old 09-06-2007, 06:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pwebbz28
Mike, you said solid roller isnt a street car. Donnys car is solid right?
yep, It had a solid roller cam for a long time.
Old 09-06-2007, 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Jeenis
lol, you just proved my point. most people dont need to post a video driving their car to the sonic past the po-lice just to prove it's street legal car. so what am i gonna do? feel envy and jealousy every time i get in my car wishing it was some super fast datsun...
Here is what you said
Originally Posted by Jeenis
if thats the same 240z thats been at extreme a few times, that car is in NO way a street car. even if it's inspected, i don't give a rats ***, that dude aint takin it to 7-11 for a slurpy.
Now our point is why "is it in no way a street car?" Because it is a chassis car? Similar to what is Viper is. Or because it has less fiberglass on it than your Vette? It must be because of the lexan windows... That is pretty much the only thing on that car that would even come close to keeping from being a street car. Other than that it has headlights, tail lights, blinkers, DOT tires and runs on pump gas (not that the type of gas has anything to do with it's ability to drive down the road). Just because it is not the most comfortable thing to drive around doesn't mean it is any less of a street car than anything else on the road.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:32 PM
Launching!

Set it up and Lock it in. I know Josh and his car is badass. I hope his new setup will run DEEP in the 5's
Old 09-08-2007, 04:35 PM
TECH Pimp

Is this the same Yellow GT in the video going all over the road then saving it?

If so you're my hero.. Great save.
Old 09-08-2007, 04:52 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by _Zac

Old 09-09-2007, 04:18 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by _Zac

Thanks man. The car goes straight as an arrow 100% of the time... Its when that pesky transmission line decides to blow off at 130mph and get fluid on your tires is when **** gets kind of crazy!

Quick Reply: Who/What is the fastest Drag Radial "streetcar" in your hood? Must be known!