Where were you on Sept. 11th 2001?

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2007, 03:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I was in Germany Getting off work as a fresh E2 in the Army. We had been prepping for our upcoming deployment to the Balkans. Then we were locked down in the dayroom and it was a very eerie site to watch as the Base was Sealed off..... SHortly there after we had some guys in Turkey. Waiting.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:44 AM
TECH Fanatic

Sitting in the best buy parking lot in Corpus Christi, usually did that before I had to go to class. Was listening when the 2nd tower got hit.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:05 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I was off work and went to pick up my car from MTI. Had jumped on a cam special:

...then headed up to work (airport) to see WTF. Crappy day.

Peace,
Craig.
Old 09-11-2007, 04:47 AM
12 Second Club

2nd period Biology 10th grade year, I watched the 2nd plane hit the building live.
Old 09-11-2007, 06:47 AM
TECH Regular

Headed to the wash rack fresh from getting out of the field. I had stopped at a gas station when the lady working there said there had been an explosion at the helipad at the Pentagon. Turned the radio to Howard Stern and listened in horror. Met the rest of the Platoon at the wash rack... it was amazing how fast that base got locked down. Nothing but fun times after that..... I think it for a solid month EVERY car going on to Ft. Knox got searched.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:00 AM
TECH Apprentice

I just want to take the time to say Thank You for all the Men and Women that are giving their lives for our Freedom, God Speed to you all.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I got a phone call from my boy tellin me to turn on the tv cause a plane had hit the twin towers, I was sleepin cause I had worked all night (graveyards). Shortly after I turned it on the other one got hit...

crazy day for sure, I then had to go BACK to work (I work for Shell Oil) where we were on code 3 alert for possible attacks as well
Old 09-11-2007, 07:14 AM
TECH Regular

Senior year of high school...

Earlier that morning 0600 (Pacific) I had just gotten out of bed and began getting ready for school. I remembered turning on the Tv and turning to one of the local news channels to checkout what the weather was going to be like that day as well as to catch a bit of the news. When I saw what happened (first building) I seriously couldn't believe that this had happened. I remember thinking to myself that "no this can't be happening..." So I then flipped the channel to another one local news channel AND SAW THE SAME THING. I remember going to my first class of the morning which was Computer Maintenance and our teacher let us watch a little bit of the news at the beginning of class but shut off the tv till about a few minutes before class ended. For the rest of the day I didn't want to do anything else but watch the news to see how they were coming along with recoverey. I still have the entire morning newspaper we got the very next day after Sept 11. Never will I forget where I was
11 September 2001.

A few months later (25 June 02) I arrived to BMT for the Air Force a week after graduating from High School...

Last edited by Zeke34; 09-11-2007 at 07:23 AM.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:28 AM
12 Second Club

i was in my first period class in high school, i think i was in 11th grade. i had just asked out a girl... very fucked up day...
Old 09-11-2007, 07:33 AM
Staging Lane

I was in Hawaii and woke up to the buildings just before they fell... Talk about a strange place to be on that day... The whole island locked up....
Old 09-11-2007, 07:33 AM
TECH Junkie

I was running late to work, as usual. John Granato and Lance Zierlein were interviewing Rice football coach Ken Hatfield when John suddenly cut in and said, "Coach, sorry to interrupt, but we're getting news reports that an airplane has crashed into one of the World Trade Center towers." I had just parked my car, so I got out and walked to 3 Allen Center (I was working at Enron at the time) and rode the elevator up to my office on the 35th floor. The whole time, I was thinking 'Some idiot in a Cessna got confused and flew into a building'.

When I got to my office, the rest of my team was huddled around a computer, watching a TV feed. I asked, "Is this about that airplane that hit the World Trade Center?" One of my co-workers turned and said, "Two planes. One hit each tower. And there has been a car bomb at the Pentagon."

My heart sank. I set my briefcase down and it hit me. We're under attack. I joined my team huddled around the monitor and we watched as the towers fell. After the first tower fell, word came through that everyone was to go home. I gave one of my co-workers a ride to where his wife worked and then went home and turned on the TV.

There are so many vivid memories of that day. Strangely, one of the things I remember most was how nice the weather was. It wasn't too hot and the sky was beautiful and clear. Yet, it was one of the darkest days I've ever known.

-Mike
Old 09-11-2007, 07:48 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

I was on my way to work and my wife (g/f at the time) called me and told me should heard on the radio an airplane had crashed into the WTC. There was little info at the time, but we figured it was some type of small aircraft and went on. When I arrived at work, I heard another plane had hit and it was a full sized passenger jet. I had no tv and no radio in my office. I could not view any news sited they were so jammed pack, so I went back and forth from corral.net and ls1.com watching people post in horror of what they were witnessing on television. I went home around 5:00pm that night and watched the news until about midnight.
Old 09-11-2007, 07:54 AM
12 Second Club

I was in 7th grade, I think, and was on a anti-violence field trip, what kind of **** is that?
Old 09-11-2007, 08:30 AM
LS1Tech Co-Founder

Received 47 Likes on 19 Posts

I was at work, and the only TV we had at the place was a tiny black & white one that was located in the guard shack. We couldn't believe what we were seeing, that was an awful day.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:39 AM
TECH Fanatic

I was at school, in 11th grade. No one changed classrooms or anything for like the whole day. We just all stayed in our morning class staring at the television in disbelief.
Old 09-11-2007, 08:41 AM
On The Tree

I was going in late to work that day because my wife and I were going to Grandparents day at my grandaughter's school . I was getting ready when I heard on the radio that a plane had crashed into one of the towers ! I went into the living room an turned on the Today show , this was the first time looking at my 60 inch screen made me sick at my stomach !!!! I just turned it on in time to see the second plane hit the other tower , I was not able to look away and watched as they burned and fell one bye one .GOD BLESS AMERICA on this sad day . MOTHER---- all the terrorists in the world!!!!!!
Old 09-11-2007, 09:07 AM
Launching!

I was in a Sunoco plant in Philadelphia doing some field work. Just happened to walk into the control room and the operators were screaming we're under attack. We were not allowed in the plant for the next couple of days. I flew back home that following Sunday. The airpot was empty and I was just hoping to get home safely.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:11 AM
TECH Senior Member

fort drum trying to celebrate my 19th bday.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:23 AM
12 Second Club

i was in ag class i think my sophmore year. We watched the television for pretty much the rest of the day. It was heartbreaking to see the towers fall and knowing there were so many civilians, firefighters, ems, and police officers.

NEVER FORGET The 343 Firefighters who gave their lives that day to save others.

Brent
Frelsburg Volunteer Fire Dept.
Old 09-11-2007, 09:25 AM
Launching!

in history, my 9th grade year. in a room of 30 kids, but i felt alone. true story, crazy how that works.