So I got pulled over an hour ago. . .

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2007, 07:47 PM
11 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default So I got pulled over an hour ago. . .

Heres the situation. I'm at a left turn stop light with two left turning lanes. I'm in the right of the two, about 3rd or 4th back. light changes, we all go and once we finish the turn left, it opens to three lanes. I'm extremely **** about signaling and so I did to the open right lane. Speed limit is 45 and I'm up to and steady out at 47 quickly. Go about 1/4 - 1/3 mile and there's a stop light. no one in front of me because of the earlier maneuvers. A pair of cars are also pulling up to the light ahead of me in the middle lane so they're slowing and the back one pulls in front of me (no signal) Light changes before I get there and so I keep rolling on. I get to about 3 car lengths behind him and I've slowed to 20. We both accelerate and the car on my right is now clear to pass. The front car goes two lanes. After I'm about 40-50 yards past the middle lane slower car, I signal again to the middle lane (for ease of maneuverability if needed). Lights start flashing behind me (red & blue) so I signal back to the right lane and pull off the road.

Officer asks for the usual insurance & license. I hand those and my military ID quietly. He starts to tell me I was recklessly changing lanes and following too close. Too close to who??? I"m going faster than them all and passing!!! He don't say **** about my speed, although 47 in a 45 is miniscule. he doesn't say **** about my exhaust (true duals dumped before the rearend) being too loud. He pisses me off and I've gotta vent. RECKLESS LANE CHANGE??? I freakin' signaled clearly and mentioned it to him. Said I changed lanes too fast. . . . . . . No front sway bar, like I'm gonna swerve or ****!!! I asked about following too close to who? No one was in front of me except one car for about 8-10 seconds and they pulled away from me!!!(never used their signals). I think because I've got ALOT of shoe-polish in my back window right now and sports car, it attracted the cop. So about 3 minutes later, he comes back almost running, gives me my IDs back and says be careful, he's got a disturbance to go to. . . .

Opinions?
Old 12-02-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Pimp

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You got lucky.. All of that has happened to me before at different times. I have got tickets for that (BS), and I have been let go in the same way.
Old 12-02-2007, 07:54 PM
TECH Resident

no ticket=you should be happy

if he wanted to screw you over he could have gotten you for speeding 2 over, reckless lane change, and tons of crap with your exhaust (most important is the felony offense of !cats)
Old 12-02-2007, 07:57 PM
TECH Regular

So you got pulled, over didn't get a ticket and you are pissed off? Why the hell are you bitching?
Old 12-02-2007, 08:02 PM
11 Second Club

because it was a bullshit pull-over. I'm glad I didn't get a ticket. I don't like them just like most people, just seemed a bullshit reason.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:14 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by Duffster
because it was a bullshit pull-over. I'm glad I didn't get a ticket. I don't like them just like most people, just seemed a bullshit reason.
There's lots of bullshit pull-overs everyday, lucky u didn't get a ticket for something else anyway.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:21 PM
TECH Junkie

Originally Posted by nickdotcom
no ticket=you should be happy

if he wanted to screw you over he could have gotten you for speeding 2 over, reckless lane change, and tons of crap with your exhaust (most important is the felony offense of !cats)
no cats is a felony?
Old 12-02-2007, 08:25 PM
11 Second Club

You got lucky last time I got a ticketfor no signal but is was BS cuz my light bulb was not working...took it all the way to court and had it dissmissed ... so yo got lucky he didn't give you a ticket...but just two days ago I got a break a cop clocked me at 110mph and just told me to not drive so fast ..I was thinking my car would be taken away
Old 12-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by NaSSty Nate
So you got pulled, over didn't get a ticket and you are pissed off? Why the hell are you bitching?
x2! Ur lucky, u should be happy he let you off the hook.. he coulda tazed your a$$ if he felt he needed to!
Old 12-02-2007, 08:31 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by jebuzws6
You got lucky last time I got a ticketfor no signal but is was BS cuz my light bulb was not working...took it all the way to court and had it dissmissed ... so yo got lucky he didn't give you a ticket...but just two days ago I got a break a cop clocked me at 110mph and just told me to not drive so fast ..I was thinking my car would be taken away
110 and let you off.. i gota go to Dallas!
Old 12-02-2007, 08:37 PM
On The Tree

Remove the shoe polish. It is a magnet for trouble and looks kinda stupid on the street anyway.
Old 12-02-2007, 08:54 PM
11 Second Club

yeah. . . it kinda stands out. . .

Old 12-02-2007, 09:03 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by Donohue96M6Z28
no cats is a felony?
i'm pretty sure it can be

EDIT:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/generation-iii-external-engine/500130-uncatted-car-ticket.html

http://www.tceq.state.tx.us/implemen...ing.html#tamp6
Old 12-02-2007, 09:05 PM
11 Second Club

Rowdy you should come to dallas...this cop was not happy when he pulled me over becasuse it is wasa stupid thing ..but if you show respect you get it back...
Old 12-02-2007, 10:28 PM
TECH Apprentice

You're lucky you didn't get shot...

SAPD has been pretty trigger happy lately.
Old 12-03-2007, 07:38 AM
TECH Regular

Originally Posted by RoWDyWS6
x2! Ur lucky, u should be happy he let you off the hook.. he coulda tazed your a$$ if he felt he needed to!
lol
Old 12-03-2007, 07:41 AM
Launching!

Originally Posted by Duffster
Some of them just want to see if there is anything obvious inside the cabin or maybe an impaired driver. When he saw you were clean and probably not buggy eyed red, he just threw you back into the ocean. Take that money you would have spent in lawyers and court and buy yourself a nice steak n lobster dinner, buy your self a brew and salute to the officer for not giving you a ticket.
Old 12-03-2007, 04:20 PM
Banned

You forgot to mention on San Antonio F Body Association you tagged your car in OU gayness...NO F*ing wonder he was ready to give you the shaft Texas style! Lol!