Ennis Videos and pics from Track meet

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2008, 10:35 AM
12 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by o2ws8
What did the red fromula have in it? what size motor?
its 1 of the nitrous outlet cars I think.
chris or ray, was that car with you guys?

Last edited by quickblade; 02-12-2008 at 11:15 AM.
Old 02-12-2008, 11:02 AM
TECH Enthusiast

Originally Posted by o2ws8
What did the red fromula have in it? what size motor?
If it's the same guy I met a while back...he works for GM or something, 427CI, and the damn thing ran a 9.68 NA!!!
Now that is scootin for a NA car!

Last edited by Black2001z06; 02-12-2008 at 12:10 PM.
Old 02-12-2008, 12:04 PM
Ray@Nitrous Outlet

Originally Posted by quickblade
its 1 of the nitrous outlet cars I think.
chris or ray, was that car with you guys?
That was Ruqwikr.
Old 02-12-2008, 01:40 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Ray@Nitrous Outlet
That was Ruqwikr.

nice.. that sucker moves.. dam...
N/a also, holy ****.
Old 02-12-2008, 04:26 PM
12 Second Club

some pics added to 1st post also now...
Old 02-12-2008, 04:36 PM
TECH Fanatic

lol, Italian Sausage! Corn Dogs! Like the pics.

-Rick
Old 02-12-2008, 06:23 PM
On The Tree

Cant wait to see that vid, lol! I guess trying to get those quicker 60' times didnt really work out. I was just upset about my last outing at the track and was trying improve my times!!
quickblade: "fasttime, I have a nice video for you to add to that picture. You can hear the break and all. Dam man. the wife followed the other car down, but you were in the frame until the break. And wow I heard it to where I was like, oh ****.
Nice break.. not in a mean way, it means you are going to put down some **** this year."
Old 02-12-2008, 06:28 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by fasttimes1
Cant wait to see that vid, lol! I guess trying to get those quicker 60' times didnt really work out. I was just upset about my last outing at the track and was trying improve my times!!
quickblade: "fasttime, I have a nice video for you to add to that picture. You can hear the break and all. Dam man. the wife followed the other car down, but you were in the frame until the break. And wow I heard it to where I was like, oh ****.
Nice break.. not in a mean way, it means you are going to put down some **** this year."
I will get yours up tonight when I get home.. wife and i gonna do some grocery shopping 1st, then I will get yours up and online for you to see..

when you hear it you will even be like, **** dammit...
will bring back a memory for you.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:54 PM
On The Tree

Alright...first time to ever run my car, and first time to ever run an M6 at the track. I was there and met a few people. Had fun, but was disappointed by my times. See if you can explain this: I've only done the track a few times and the other times were with my stock 96 A4 LT1 at Kennedale. I trapped 111mph, but my times were slow as hell. 13.7 and 13.8 were the only two I'll admit to...not that they're good anyway. The other two I broke loose and missed third so not worth mentioning. What's going on? How am I going 111, but trapping 13.7s? I saw other cars trap 13.5s or less with lower mph.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:08 PM
9 Second Club

Originally Posted by Black2001z06
If it's the same guy I met a while back...he works for GM or something, 427CI, and the damn thing ran a 9.68 NA!!!
Now that is scootin for a NA car!
It ran 9.68 N/A coasting to 133 or so. However, the next pass was its last...ate itself up and chunked #6 rod out the side...made for quite an interesting shutdown at a hurt 130 mph with oil on the tires and flames and smoke underhood!

It ran 9.47 at over 140 before with easy 1.2x 60's on 9"-wide tires like I ran down there on Saturday. The motor is coming out this weekend and my bone stock spare LS1 goes back in until I can 1) Figure out what happened, and 2) Build a new more powerful bullet. It had 150+passes without a sign of trouble, and was easy to maintain being hydraulic.

First time in 25 years of road and drag racing to blow something up...won't be the last time. I might have gotten lucky as the sparkplugs were not hit...I have not done any investigation past that. They were Manley I-beams and it was 1000 rpm below the limit and "not" quite 700 hp.

I had the stock internals record for over 2 years before when it ran in the 11.2x's at 120, but the car was lighter, though, it is better sorted out now. I just want to get it back together for PINKS ALL OUT in San Antonio...hopefully it will work out as the converter, tires, etc. will not be optimized for 300 hp less.

Good luck to all and keep the cars safe and off the walls and all parts intact for 2008! Take care. Dave
Old 02-12-2008, 08:12 PM
10 Second Club

Dave.. The car still did that nasty launch the first time around... what a ride that must be!

Hope to see it out again soon.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:12 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by PatriotT/A
Alright...first time to ever run my car, and first time to ever run an M6 at the track. I was there and met a few people. Had fun, but was disappointed by my times. See if you can explain this: I've only done the track a few times and the other times were with my stock 96 A4 LT1 at Kennedale. I trapped 111mph, but my times were slow as hell. 13.7 and 13.8 were the only two I'll admit to...not that they're good anyway. The other two I broke loose and missed third so not worth mentioning. What's going on? How am I going 111, but trapping 13.7s? I saw other cars trap 13.5s or less with lower mph.
I say the same thing dude.. look at my videos.. I am running a N/A run, getting a 13.3 spinning, and trap 112. A4
My buddy tells me all the time why..
I forget..

so he will see this post in a bit, and reply what his thought on it is.. LOL
cuz he tells me all the time, and I hear him and remember at first, but then forget.

But once we get to getting with the nitrous being in my bottle.
I am planning a nice 12.2 @ 117

starting to edit some video...
Old 02-12-2008, 08:14 PM
10 Second Club

If you're making the power in your sig - that's why you're trapping 111. Honestly w/ a better 60' and more seat time you should pick up some mph, and drop the ET.

I, on the other hand, make a smidge more power 397rwhp, but weigh in at another 1000#'s. My best trap speed this weekend was108mph. Phooey.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:26 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by Saladbar
If you're making the power in your sig - that's why you're trapping 111. Honestly w/ a better 60' and more seat time you should pick up some mph, and drop the ET.

I, on the other hand, make a smidge more power 397rwhp, but weigh in at another 1000#'s. My best trap speed this weekend was108mph. Phooey.
The car makes that power, but I just didn't understand how. It has a cam and bolt ons, so the sig's true, but I am new to the M6 driving, so just wondering. Thanks Quickblade and Salad
Old 02-12-2008, 08:30 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by quickblade
I say the same thing dude.. look at my videos.. I am running a N/A run, getting a 13.3 spinning, and trap 112. A4
My buddy tells me all the time why..
I forget..

so he will see this post in a bit, and reply what his thought on it is.. LOL
cuz he tells me all the time, and I hear him and remember at first, but then forget.

But once we get to getting with the nitrous being in my bottle.
I am planning a nice 12.2 @ 117

starting to edit some video...
I read about the shitty fill you got in your bottle. Sorry to hear that man. I know you mentioned that you got video of a lot of runs, but was wondering if you happened to get me in any of them. Not that they'd be worth you posting for benefit of my pride and self-esteem, but I would just like to see what it looked like outside the car.
Old 02-12-2008, 08:33 PM
10 Second Club

That's all I've got too... Well, I have LT's as well.

M6's are a bit harder to get used to instead of just stabbing the throttle.... But it's so much more fun to row gears . Here's my ancient car - 6 years ago. It was a "sleeper" w/ the factory wheels on it .

http://s107.photobucket.com/albums/m...nt=shawnNA.flv
Old 02-12-2008, 08:53 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Salabar didn't you win an event at Ennis in that white Z28? Maybe SLP Day?
2003 or 04?
Old 02-12-2008, 09:07 PM
10 Second Club

Yep, that's me... I had to short-shift that day and race using 5th gear. Not fun.

I just got done installing my engine the night before and used the drive down to Ennis to break it in. Had what I thought wasbad valve float @ 6.2k rpms - ended up being the cam was just out of breathe. (I didn't know that on SLP CAD though)
Old 02-12-2008, 09:08 PM
Teching In

You will get better MPH when you spin because the rotational parts are already spinning at a higher RPM and MPH in a shorter distance before you catch traction so the overall MPH ends up greater, but since you are spinning the tires and the car is not being propelled down the track very quickly the time suffers. If you ran big sticky slicks and cause your car to bog at the launch from not leaving at a high enough RPM (out of the power band) you can end up with great E.T.'s and lower MPH.
Old 02-12-2008, 09:23 PM
12 Second Club

Originally Posted by Saladbar
Yep, that's me... I had to short-shift that day and race using 5th gear. Not fun.

I just got done installing my engine the night before and used the drive down to Ennis to break it in. Had what I thought wasbad valve float @ 6.2k rpms - ended up being the cam was just out of breathe. (I didn't know that on SLP CAD though)
I heard about that.. buddy john, guy with the red vette.. 07vette on here.
nice