Silver and black z28s vs black GTO on 290

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2008, 12:11 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dont worry about who i am newton liu, for a boy that owns a camaro, you dont know much about your car lol
Old 06-12-2008, 12:41 AM
TECH Fanatic

hey srt, i hate to rain on your parade man but 115 traps with a 402 are pretty low. you might want to have that thing checked out. i can easily see a bolt on fbody keeping up with you from a roll.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:57 AM
((((((Administrator))))))

Lightbulb

Originally Posted by 1SlowSRT
Sorry, but nobody walked anybody. The first race, I started in 2nd, shoulda been in first, silver car was maybe a half car in front of me. 2nd race, I started in first, spun, but silver car's front bumper was at my rear tires (I think, maybe further back) and the third race I started in 2nd again, and it was pretty even.

As for why I think you're spraying - my car's a 402, and I've beaten F-bodies with plenty more done than longtubes and exhaust. Plus, when you were next to me, you went on the third honk, and about a second later your car got a good bit louder and jumped forward.
Oh, and 2 of my friends in different cars behind us could smell it.

As for the black car - no offense dude, but I wasn't paying much attention to the right side of me. I was paying attentiont to the silver car since he got out on me the first run.

Everything done to my car is on my Fquick page (link in sig) but the basics are SLP 402, ported LS6 heads, pretty big cam, TH-400 3spd auto with 3600 stall (non-lockup converter).

As far as I'm concerned, my 4115lb 3spd auto car did pretty good considering that was a roll race. The best I've gotten out of it so far was a 12.1 @ 115 on street tires, with factory rear suspension.
Old 06-12-2008, 01:13 AM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by CRAGER
+1
Old 06-12-2008, 01:31 AM
Teching In

On the first race im pretty sure you were a little more behind me than half a car. The second race we were pretty even but i was pullin till yall decided to shut it down. And the third race i spun alot more than normal so i caught traction when i was about at your rear wheel. Then i started pullin.

I don't know what to tell you. You can think im spraying all you want, as does everyone. Every person i race will swear up and down that i have nitrous or a cam but i dont. Its simply the driver mod.

I have some hard *** street tires and anywhere within the 0-70 range i can break them loose. It takes about a second for me to catch traction which is the reason why i jumped forward about a second after we took off. I think the reason my car gets a little bit louder is because as the rpms go up, so does the loudness of my car. As does every car? Although i would have no problem borrowing my buddies DR's and racing you again. That way on the the third horn i can jump a car infront of you instead of it taking a second.Unfortunatly my crappy 10-bolt broke last night. As far as what your friends were sniffin i dont have a clue. I didnt even know nitrous had a smell.

Your car did do good on the roll race. But can i ask why you went with a 3spd Auto?
Old 06-12-2008, 07:06 AM
Teching In

Originally Posted by Sunset'01Z
hey srt, i hate to rain on your parade man but 115 traps with a 402 are pretty low. you might want to have that thing checked out. i can easily see a bolt on fbody keeping up with you from a roll.
street tires, leaving off the footbrake at maybe 1900rpm, and slowly rolling into it in first.....junk 1.90 60ft, like a 7.80 8th mile.

I'll have drag radials soon enough, and will be leaving off the transbrake at 3600, and actually getting traction. Cars similar to mine (motor and tranny) are running 10.80s-11.0s with good track conditions.

Originally Posted by billybob1142
On the first race im pretty sure you were a little more behind me than half a car. The second race we were pretty even but i was pullin till yall decided to shut it down. And the third race i spun alot more than normal so i caught traction when i was about at your rear wheel. Then i started pullin.

I don't know what to tell you. You can think im spraying all you want, as does everyone. Every person i race will swear up and down that i have nitrous or a cam but i dont. Its simply the driver mod.

I have some hard *** street tires and anywhere within the 0-70 range i can break them loose. It takes about a second for me to catch traction which is the reason why i jumped forward about a second after we took off. I think the reason my car gets a little bit louder is because as the rpms go up, so does the loudness of my car. As does every car? Although i would have no problem borrowing my buddies DR's and racing you again. That way on the the third horn i can jump a car infront of you instead of it taking a second.Unfortunatly my crappy 10-bolt broke last night. As far as what your friends were sniffin i dont have a clue. I didnt even know nitrous had a smell.

Your car did do good on the roll race. But can i ask why you went with a 3spd Auto?
Sorry, but you weren't pulling on the 2nd or 3rd race. Even though I spun most of the way through first on the 2nd race.

As for the loudness thing - dude, I'm not dumb. When your car goes from baaaaa to BAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!! in a 1/4 of a second, AFTER you've already floored it - thats not getting louder with RPMs. The driver mod doesn't make up for the differences between a 402 car and a mild bolt-on car. Like I said, I've beaten full bolton/cammed F-bodies with much less effort than it took to keep up with you the other night.

And the 3spd auto...kinda sounded like a better idea at the time than it actually ended up being. I told myself I was gonna quit running on the street (after being arrested for it with Sil3ntxWS6, when I wasnt even fkn racing), and decided I was gonna build the car for the track....and yeah, as you know, it didn't really change my habits on the street
Old 06-12-2008, 07:43 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

austin go to sleep
Old 06-12-2008, 08:49 AM
TECH Enthusiast

so..... there's a 290 and spring cypress meet? thats right down the road from me .
Old 06-12-2008, 12:15 PM
11 Second Club

Sorry, but nobody walked anybody. The first race, I started in 2nd, shoulda been in first, silver car was maybe a half car in front of me. 2nd race, I started in first, spun, but silver car's front bumper was at my rear tires (I think, maybe further back) and the third race I started in 2nd again, and it was pretty even.

As for why I think you're spraying - my car's a 402, and I've beaten F-bodies with plenty more done than longtubes and exhaust. Plus, when you were next to me, you went on the third honk, and about a second later your car got a good bit louder and jumped forward. Oh, and 2 of my friends in different cars behind us could smell it.

As for the black car - no offense dude, but I wasn't paying much attention to the right side of me. I was paying attentiont to the silver car since he got out on me the first run.

Everything done to my car is on my Fquick page (link in sig) but the basics are SLP 402, ported LS6 heads, pretty big cam, TH-400 3spd auto with 3600 stall (non-lockup converter).

As far as I'm concerned, my 4115lb 3spd auto car did pretty good considering that was a roll race. The best I've gotten out of it so far was a 12.1 @ 115 on street tires, with factory rear suspension.
Not sure what your friends were smelling, but it damn sure wasnt nitrous. And about his car getting louder I'm not sure what to tell you... maybe you just heard my car then his or the other way around. As for me, I'm not offended I just thought it was odd that you swear he has nitrous when I was in front of both of you
And you're right, we didnt walk you at all. Every race was very close.
Old 06-12-2008, 12:35 PM
11 Second Club

If you really can't beleive us, I'm sure Billy would be more than happy to show you his car cause its probably not going anywhere any time soon (we both broke our 10 bolts that night ) Besides what do we have to gain by lying to you?
Old 06-12-2008, 12:42 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i wanna run that GTO.....
Old 06-12-2008, 01:26 PM
Teching In

Originally Posted by NSSANE02
If you really can't beleive us, I'm sure Billy would be more than happy to show you his car cause its probably not going anywhere any time soon (we both broke our 10 bolts that night ) Besides what do we have to gain by lying to you?
Cody is right, if you want you can come over and take a look at the car and find the nitrous you say i have. The car is sitting up on jack stands with the rear differentials torn out of it.

If you still think im spraying ill make sure to race you once i do get nitrous and show you what my car looks like spraying.
Old 06-12-2008, 03:24 PM
Teching In

when I was in front of both of you .
Strange....I don't recall that part....
Old 06-12-2008, 04:07 PM
11 Second Club

Strange....I don't recall that part....
That is strange, maybe you were just fixed on the damn near stock SS to your left staying with you... jk man but seriously I pulled both of yall each time, but the second run I missed 3rd and let out and I broke my rear on the third run so I didnt stay with you for very long
Old 06-12-2008, 05:08 PM
TECH Fanatic

these kids (billybob and nssane) sound like they are full of ****
Old 06-12-2008, 05:23 PM
11 Second Club

Originally Posted by 2 SLOW
these kids (billybob and nssane) sound like they are full of ****
Thanks for the input. Any reasoning behind that?
Old 06-12-2008, 05:26 PM
TECH Fanatic

Thanks for the input. Any reasoning behind that?
cause I read your posts, and it sounded by how and what yall were saying that yall are full of ****.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:41 PM
11 Second Club

So what exactly are we lying about? I'm not sure how else we could have told this guy we are just bolt on cars... If you think we are full of **** come look at our cars some time and see for yourself, otherwise don't call me a liar. I will admit my car has an NX kit installed, but I only used it for about a week and that was a couple months ago. I'll get re-tuned (or timing tuner) in another month or two and we can run again if you'd like.
Old 06-12-2008, 05:56 PM
Launching!

^^this guy is actually quite honest, and has some sick times on and off the bottle, and on stock tenbolt....i would think its kind of a freak, but its not some ridiculously modded car
Old 06-12-2008, 06:02 PM
Teching In

If you think we are full of **** why dont you come check out our cars. Otherwise your opinion is worthless.