WTF !!! What do you guys think about Nitro cars racing to 1000ft?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2008, 10:29 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought it was retarded at first but after watching last weekends race it wasnt bad at all.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:03 PM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if they bring back prostock trucks i'll quit bitching about the 1000' TF racing.
Old 07-15-2008, 12:36 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by KCS
I'm sure the NHRA really didn't have much of a choice. I doubt they really wanted to do nothing and seem like they didn't give a ****. I'm sure insurance was a concern as well too.

Think of it like this, why do they keep people off the track at the starting line, and behind a k rail and at least 50ft or so all the way down? You just can't let everyone run around all over the place and say, "they know the dangers". You have to draw the line somwhere.

Pedregon, Force(s), Medlin, and now Kalitta. A few of the biggest crashes, two of which took the drivers' lives. The nitro engines are very volatile and unstable, and when they blow, it usually turns the car into a fireball. I wish reducing the nitro or limiting the rpm would work, but they already went there and tried that and they blew even more engines.

I think the 1000ft deal is a good response, even as "knee jerk" as it is, it was better than nothing. Car goes slower and has more room to shut down. But like mentioned before, I could care less about Top Fuel. But drivers dying sucks.

best post in the whole thread.
Old 07-15-2008, 01:33 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
LS1Tech 10 Year

I think it is a good move for now. I want them to return to the full 1320, and they will but they have to slow them down first. To me, the most logical way to slow them down is to limit the blower size. They have to keep them Nitro and they have to still have too much power or the fan draw will go down. If they never blew up they would lose a little interest also. Personally I do not liek to see them blow, but for the average non-fan, that is exciting. Think how popular Nascar is and alot of it has to do with the wrecks. Excitement draws new fans. After the fans know and understand the sport, they appreciate the racing more, but in the beginning a fireball or a 25 car pileup draws attention...
Old 07-15-2008, 09:18 PM
KCS

Received 315 Likes on 213 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

Haha, I got it!!

Lets copy the circle track/road course racers! Make then run the same engine all the way through qualifying and eliminations! Blow an engine and you're out, LOL.