Tools & Fabrication Hand | Power | Hydraulic | Pneumatic | Welding | Painting

Craftsman torque wrench-warranty?

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2008, 11:27 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Question Craftsman torque wrench-warranty?

Do Craftsman torque wrenches have a lifetime warranty on them?
Old 05-02-2008, 01:24 PM
TECH Enthusiast

they should...they are considered a hand tool... best bet is to take it to a sears and talk to them
Old 05-02-2008, 02:01 PM
TECH Resident

No they do not, 1 year. But its worth a try.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:04 AM
Launching!

Does the current torque wrench look like yours. Yes = warranty.
Old 05-03-2008, 11:58 AM
11 Second Club

They have a 90 day warranty on everthing in the handle and 1 year on the head. I know this cause like 2 weeks ago I took my almost new one in for a replacement. Mine is the digitork i think, and grease got into the numbers in the handle so you couldn't even read the numbers anymore. So I take it back thinkin they will just hand me a new one. NOPE he's like do you have a recipt? I say no i got it for christmas, and he's like well thats past the 3 month warrenty period. I thought it was lifetime too so he shows me and it does say right on it 3 months, but i just figured it was a hand tool so yea. Ended up getting a new one after the guy calls me a liar and tries to pull a guilt trip on me. Moral of the story make the investment and get snap on or some other high grade tool.
Old 05-04-2008, 03:28 PM
Teching In

mine wasn't tried the manager route and everything. So didn't by Craftsmen to replace it got used Mac off ebay.
Old 05-04-2008, 09:54 PM
TECH Junkie

Yeah I had one go bad and found out about the 90 day warranty. I would have just bought a cheapy at auto zone if I had known that.
Old 05-08-2008, 02:39 PM
TECH Resident

Went to Sears after the 90 warranty and thought there was a 1 year warranty on it of some sort even with the reciepts the manager and cashier were a bunch of dumb a$$es. Never let me exchange it. Didn't last all that long. Maybe 4 months?
Old 05-08-2008, 11:45 PM
Launching!

ive been dissapointed in about everything craftsmen sells lately. i think ive heard through the grapevine that they changed tool manufacturers in the past couple years. the new tools aren't made in the USA anymore, they are made in taiwan or china, some crap like that. even the toolboxes feel cheap anymore, and the warranties have gone downhill. heck, I broke a ratchet of theirs a couple years ago, brought it in to replace it, and they handed me a parts bag to rebuild my own. I laughed the whole way out the door, and ive switched to better companies.

the local sears place told me that they wouldnt even warranty the toolboxes, that once i got it out the door its my dog. i havent bought much anything there other than the occasional odd-almost-never-use-it tool, its kinda become my new harbor freight with a little better quality.

Last edited by nine-eight; 05-13-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Old 05-09-2008, 08:02 AM
Launching!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Does anyone have a lifetime warranty on torque wrenches?

I have a harbour frieght one and its ok, but on black friday, I bought 2 diffenet torque wrenches for liek $35 each, they are like $85 normally. I went to a sears in a quiter mall at open and went straight for them, then picked up a set of screwdrivers for my car tool set for $9(normal $20), and a small hand shopvac for cleaning my car for $14(normal $30 or $40) then their ad had a coupon for like 10 or 15% of any tool purchases. I made a killing.

Unfortuneately my camaro died and was sold before this and I later didn't have time for it and sold my 5.0 about a month after Xmas, so only used them a handful of times on a friends car but they are lightyears better then my Harbour freight one, which I switched to wheel duty(never realy torqued those before so started)

Now Craftsman jacks, boy will I always bitch about those.
Old 05-09-2008, 02:29 PM
Launching!

Originally Posted by MustangEater82
Does anyone have a lifetime warranty on torque wrenches?
Snap-on.

and they damn well should, given what you pay, but boy is it nice to know that as long as someone doesnt steal it, you never have to buy that tool again.

Quick Reply: Craftsman torque wrench-warranty?