User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

New Ban on Firearm Sales and Ammo

Old 03-06-2009, 07:04 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Ban on Firearm Sales and Ammo

I assume that you had some sort of legal expert post the quote on why firearm sales are now prohibited?

Point being, you can't, in fact, be responsible for wrongdoings that occurs with the sales if you just consult your legal team. You could make sellers click and electronically sign an agreement releasing LS1tech of all liabilities and those who dont, ban and remove posts. Also, you could make all members sign this by sending a mass PM with a link. There are guns being sold all over the internet in several different type of forums and I know of not ONE case in which the website was held accountable in any instance when felons bought weapons, weapons shipped without going through a FFL dealer, etc.

Just thought I would comment since many of us have enjoyed the deals on firearms and ammo that we can get from fellow LS1tech members.

Last edited by SOMcockySS; 03-06-2009 at 07:21 PM.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:50 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by SOMcockySS
I assume that you had some sort of legal expert post the quote on why firearm sales are now prohibited?

Point being, you can't, in fact, be responsible for wrongdoings that occurs with the sales if you just consult your legal team. You could make sellers click and electronically sign an agreement releasing LS1tech of all liabilities and those who dont, ban and remove posts. Also, you could make all members sign this by sending a mass PM with a link. There are guns being sold all over the internet in several different type of forums and I know of not ONE case in which the website was held accountable in any instance when felons bought weapons, weapons shipped without going through a FFL dealer, etc.

Just thought I would comment since many of us have enjoyed the deals on firearms and ammo that we can get from fellow LS1tech members.
All that would go into that is most likely not worth their time. This is a car forum, not a gun forum. I agree that there's nothing really wrong with selling guns, but keeping track of posts with guns, electronic waivers, etc etc...I'd just ban sales too, much less of a headache on a forum where that's not even the primary target.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:51 PM
IB

Originally Posted by SOMcockySS

Thanks for your feedback.

In all honesty we would like to provide it as an option, however our attorneys have told us we cannot. I am not in a position to comment on the legality and in this case can only put forth the thoughts of those that can.

I understand it is a feature that will be missed.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:02 PM
Staging Lane

There are more than enough other sites that you can buy guns from. If NOT selling guns will keep LS1TECH online and keep the swapping of LS1 info flowing, I am all for not selling guns here. Keep up the good work guys.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:07 PM
Launching!

Adrian, thanks for the response. Many members like an explanation of why the changes, but I understand your reply. I also agree that if it keeps LS1tech going and safe form legal prosecution, then by all means ban it. Just it has never happened to any forum to my knowledge before, but would hate LS1tech to become the precedent. I too do not visit here for the miscellanous buys, but rather the technical info for my Camaro and for product info, etc. Point being, it will be missed but not the point and core of the site anyways.

Ryan

Search this Thread