User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Are we going to continue to ignore the elephant in the room? (hijack ads)

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2016, 02:05 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Are we going to continue to ignore the elephant in the room? (hijack ads)

This site is screwed up, in multiple areas. I can not even view this forum on a mobile device. It is absurd to think that a company the size of IB can't at least get the mobile hijacker ads taken care of. How long have we been dealing with this issue? Months?

You have advertisements that will force the viewers to close down the entire tab just get out of these malicious advertisements, plenty have been reported, as requested; and still nothing. After all that, one starts to think that IB is actually selling those hijacker ad spots and they have no real ambition to fix the issue.

Would love to see viewership ratings in the last 2 years.
Old 11-02-2016, 09:39 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 79 Likes on 70 Posts

Works fine for me??
Old 11-03-2016, 02:24 PM
TECH Resident

Received 27 Likes on 16 Posts

It's more than just that.

The i-trader rating is gone under user name. Now embedded under username, had to search to find that out.
Page numbers consistently missing in several forums.
Pictures are huge in posts, auto resizer not working.
Vendor links in right hand column all different sizes, too big, too small...
Collapsible search menu is gone in classifieds, it is being researched.

Seems it's something different each day....it's becoming no fun anymore to browse and read threads....JMHO....

T,
Old 11-03-2016, 02:59 PM
Old School Heavy

Received 50 Likes on 32 Posts

I have made the admins aware of this situation.
Old 11-03-2016, 04:58 PM
Save the manuals!

Received 322 Likes on 295 Posts

Originally Posted by Hi-Po
This site is screwed up, in multiple areas. I can not even view this forum on a mobile device. It is absurd to think that a company the size of IB can't at least get the mobile hijacker ads taken care of. How long have we been dealing with this issue? Months?

You have advertisements that will force the viewers to close down the entire tab just get out of these malicious advertisements, plenty have been reported, as requested; and still nothing. After all that, one starts to think that IB is actually selling those hijacker ad spots and they have no real ambition to fix the issue.

Would love to see viewership ratings in the last 2 years.
What mobile device and browser are you using. Is it an Apple product? Are you using Safari?
Old 11-03-2016, 06:20 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

The i-Trader thing is not a "problem", just a format change. Perhaps not to your liking, but it's not broken.

The collapsible menu in the classifieds is in fact no longer collapsible, probably part of a recent update that was just overlooked and needs to be put back. Forum staff has no part in this though.

As for the other concerns, I don't see any of them on my desktop at all. I don't use a mobile device for internet browsing so I'm not familiar with the challenges some of you mobile users are seeing - but it doesn't sound like the issues are universal as some mobile users have reported no problems. Regardless, I have sent this thread along with a summary of the hijack ad concerns to IB for review. That's really all that can be done by the forum staff at this time.
Old 11-04-2016, 06:39 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,468 Likes on 1,059 Posts

I just got an update from the IB folks regarding the rogue ad issue. Looks like this recent flare-up has hit more than just LS1Tech, and they are aware of it. They are actively working to remove the ads and block the providers responsible for such ads.

Please continue to report details regarding the problem ads that you see, including screen shots and details about your browsing device. This will help to expedite the investigation and removal of bad ads/providers.

Quick Reply: Are we going to continue to ignore the elephant in the room? (hijack ads)