User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

What's with all the ads on here?

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2017, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What's with all the ads on here?

I've recently begun looking for a new project and came here to find resources and information after a long hiatus. I certainly don't remember this site being overrun with ads every where you look so what's the deal?

Ads above the forums, above the topic I'm browsing, on the side, embedded in the thread over pics, etc. It's so bad the site takes forever to load at work and is nearly unusable. At home or on my phone I often get redirected to some ad site when clicking on a link in a thread. The only reason it's mostly ad-free at home is by using No Script in Firefox.

Is this just the way things are now? Very disappointed to see this down turn.
Old 06-09-2017, 07:00 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think times have a changed my friend. I was off the site for afew years myself and noticed the list of sponsor links down the right side of the page has gotten a lot shorter. I think all the ads are to make up the dif. Also I've noticed FB has done a very good job of destroying forums like these. Don't get me wrong I'm on plenty of groups on FB for cars, but that's the point. The fact that tech is still going strong at this point is a testament to its staying power. I've noticed a lot of local forums in my area are either gone now or u actually have to pay to be on them. I just threw tech afew bucks and got my stickers and plate frame. Lol. Doing my part.
Old 06-12-2017, 01:41 PM
TECH Addict

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Download Ghostery online. It helps eliminate some of the BS in the background.

Quick Reply: What's with all the ads on here?