User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

Is "LS1.com" a spoof to get LS1TECH.com members user and password?

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2017, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is "LS1.com" a spoof to get LS1TECH.com members user and password?

Hi guys,
It has been a while since I have been on this site. So when I made a Google search with a Camaro question and I clicked on what appeared to be one of the most relevant answers to my inquiry the site it took me to looked very similar to this one. After reading the info I wanted to comment on it so I tried to log in and do so. When I went to enter my user name my browser warned me of an unsecured connection. I thought it was just acting up so I entered my user name and then it warned me again before I entered my password but I did it anyway. Site responded with invalid entry, so I clicked the forgot password link. I was prompted to enter my email for password recovery and when I did it told me that my email was not that of a registered member. That's when I noticed I was on the site of "LS1.com" and not "LS1Tech.com". Upon that realization I logged on here and changed my password.
The question I have is, is this LS1.com a known valid site. Or are they just trying to dupe people like I was into giving up their user/pass for this site and then hijacking it for advertisements? Either you guys are gonna say "You're paranoid, most of us are members of that site as well." or "Nope, thanks for bringing that to our attention."
Old 11-24-2017, 09:53 PM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,471 Likes on 1,060 Posts

LS1.com is actually an older site than LS1Tech.com (1998 vs. 2001). Most of us old-timers here were originally members of LS1.com before this site opened (including myself.) Our two site founders and the original owners of this site were members of LS1.com, and recognized shortcomings of that site and the opportunity to establish something better with a new, more tech-focused site (thus LS1tech.com was born.)

So, the short answer to your question is that yes - LS1.com is a valid site.

-Admin.

Quick Reply: Is "LS1.com" a spoof to get LS1TECH.com members user and password?