LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion

LS1TECH - Camaro and Firebird Forum Discussion (https://ls1tech.com/forums/)
-   User Support & Resources (https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-support-resources-52/)
-   -   Premium Membership (https://ls1tech.com/forums/user-support-resources/1916871-premium-membership.html)

areax 03-15-2019 09:16 AM

Premium Membership

Hey guys,

Is premium membership still a thing? I want to show my support to the site. How could I go by doing that?

JoeNova 03-15-2019 09:43 AM

I wish it was. I would love to pitch in to not be a restricted member anymore lol.
You can show site support by ordering the Team LS1Tech deal for $15/year. You get a license plate frame and a decal.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/payments.php

areax 03-17-2019 12:17 AM

I see. Thank you for your help.
So there is no way to become a premium member (not a restricted user)?

RPM WS6 03-17-2019 01:49 PM

The "restricted user" status is an account status that is sometimes given to members who blatantly disregard our non-sponsor solicitation policy. Often, such members are simply banned, but occasionally we allow their accounts to remain active but with reduced privileges (i.e. "restricted", such as no PMs, etc.) No member will find themselves in this position unless they have ignored site rules about non-sponsor solicitation via active promotion/advertisement for their business on LS1Tech without becoming a site sponsor.

So, restricted status is not an affliction anyone would need to worry about unless they want to use LS1Tech to generate revenue for their business for free. We offer sponsorship packages for business owners who want to advertise here (there is a link in the "Marketplace" drop down menu in the page header).

Other than a sponsorship package, there is no "paid" membership on this site. All registered users have equal site access, other than new users not having access to the Marketplace until meeting minimum post/minimum duration of membership targets (of which your account has long since met). The link above, including merchandise for a "subscription", is all that is offered at this time.

Hope that answers your questions. :)

areax 03-17-2019 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by RPM WS6 (Post 20064952)
The "restricted user" status is an account status that is sometimes given to members who blatantly disregard our non-sponsor solicitation policy. Often, such members are simply banned, but occasionally we allow their accounts to remain active but with reduced privileges (i.e. "restricted", such as no PMs, etc.) No member will find themselves in this position unless they have ignored site rules about non-sponsor solicitation via active promotion/advertisement for their business on LS1Tech without becoming a site sponsor.

So, restricted status is not an affliction anyone would need to worry about unless they want to use LS1Tech to generate revenue for their business for free. We offer sponsorship packages for business owners who want to advertise here (there is a link in the "Marketplace" drop down menu in the page header).

Other than a sponsorship package, there is no "paid" membership on this site. All registered users have equal site access, other than new users not having access to the Marketplace until meeting minimum post/minimum duration of membership targets (of which your account has long since met). The link above, including merchandise for a "subscription", is all that is offered at this time.

Hope that answers your questions. :)

Thank you very much for your detailed response, sir. You guys should consider bringing the premium membership package back (where it says premium member next to your name on posts) . I would totally be in, as I would like to support the site but I really dont have a need for a license place . I only have one and wouldn't have that one, if I could get by with it. :secret2:

slogo 03-19-2019 09:03 PM

What would really be nice is if we could become a premium member and get rid of all these ads that slow my computer down so much,
I can't even look at this site anymore on my iPhone without some popups that you can't get rid of unless you just close browser and start over.
Its getting aggravating, starting to look at other forums more often now.

areax 03-20-2019 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by slogo (Post 20066439)
What would really be nice is if we could become a premium member and get rid of all these ads that slow my computer down so much,
I can't even look at this site anymore on my iPhone without some popups that you can't get rid of unless you just close browser and start over.
Its getting aggravating, starting to look at other forums more often now.

I agree. Ad removal would be nice. They don't bother me to bad but to remove them completely would require a monthly premium subscription, id imagine. I feel like ads probably pull in a pretty fair amount of money. Although, if there were a one time payment type of premium membership to get rid of the ads, id be all for it. I guess I've never really been into monthly subscriptions, when I could avoid it but for this site, I would m an exception, if it wren't too much. I would be into a yearly subscription though. Great idea though! Mods, I hope you are watching. :secret2:

JoeNova 03-20-2019 10:26 AM

Originally Posted by RPM WS6 (Post 20064952)

So, restricted status is not an affliction anyone would need to worry about unless they want to use LS1Tech to generate revenue for their business for free.

If you guys can't tell, their hatred for me is pretty obvious LOL. I offered to the labor portion of LS swaps out of my house (never did any of them, never made a single dime) without realizing that labor-only was included as non-sponsor solicitation. Its been like 2.5 years and I feel like I've contributed 100 times more than that little incident ever hurt anyone here, and have even begged for a 2nd chance and the above is usually the response I get.

So remember kids, no 2nd chances here.

All of the humor aside, a cheap monthly subscription to get rid of the non-vendor advertisements isn't a bad idea. I only visit LS1tech while at work or while helping someone who asked me to come here and give a reply, and some of the advertisements constantly give the computer/browser here major trouble to the point where I have to 'End Task' on the browser and reopen it to get it working (the IT departments believes its the ones provided by AdChoices).

ddnspider 03-20-2019 12:05 PM

Keep the "premium" label......I would chip in to bring back the classifieds and get rid of Marketplace....and for bringing JoeNova back to full membership status :nod:

RPM WS6 03-20-2019 02:29 PM

Originally Posted by JoeNova (Post 20066688)
If you guys can't tell, their hatred for me is pretty obvious LOL. I offered to the labor portion of LS swaps out of my house (never did any of them, never made a single dime) without realizing that labor-only was included as non-sponsor solicitation. Its been like 2.5 years and I feel like I've contributed 100 times more than that little incident ever hurt anyone here, and have even begged for a 2nd chance and the above is usually the response I get.

So remember kids, no 2nd chances here.

Looks like there is still a big disconnect on the takeaway from this situation. What really happened here, for the record, is that site moderator KCS sent you a polite PM asking you to refrain from advertising your prices or services on this site without a sponsorship. You chose to debate with him about the policy rather than remove the pricing for your LS swaps from your signature. You then tried to claim ignorance regarding how the policy applied to the sale of "services" vs. "parts" (on a side note, your sig actually stated "all PARTS included" - so it was more than just labor), but the time stamps on various PMs between you and KCS showed that he had already explained the policy to you, yet you continued to be active on the site without making any effort to correct your signature even after being asked to cease advertisement. Any objective evaluation of this leads to the same conclusion: purposeful disregard of the policy rather than a simple "mistake".

Interestingly, "restricted" status actually IS a second chance. We did this in your case as you were a helpful, contributing member who already had a long post history. Had such not been the case, we would have simply banned your account when you failed to remove the service offer and price schedule from your sig. Not many users are on restricted status because most members who have ignored our policy and warnings have been banned. In your case, we made an exception that allowed your account to remain active while removing the opportunity for further abuse of signature, or PM, privileges.

Folks, please understand that our site sponsors pay a great deal for the privilege of business promotion and active advertisement on this site. It wouldn't be fair for us to allow members to use this site as a medium to generate revenue for their businesses (home or otherwise) while still expecting the sponsors to pay their fair share for the same thing. And without paying sponsors, LS1Tech will cease to exist for ALL users.

I'm going to lock this one now, as the original topic has become mistakenly tangled with this unrelated issue. In reality, we've offered JoeNova the best-case compromise which we can; restricted status - a consequence of his actions, not victimization or "hatred" by the staff.