User Support & Resources Account Problems | Questions | Suggestions

regional forum suggestion ROCKY MOUNTAIN

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2006, 01:04 PM
12 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

super! but still what does that have to do with anything?
Old 01-31-2006, 07:02 PM
11 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The problem I have is that I seldom check or post on western board because I have to weed me way through all of the California/Arizona posts. I wonder if this could be why there aren't a lot of posts from Coloradoans.
Old 01-31-2006, 07:49 PM
TECH Senior Member

Originally Posted by Reverend Chaos
super! but still what does that have to do with anything?

the point is, smartass, is that the western section is weak compared to texas - weak to the point where it has less than 1/4 of the activity on average. In thread count - its almost 10x the amount. 10k for Texas compared to 13xx for the Western section? C'mon now. You need to get a LOT more support than a few folks in a thread than that. The activity has to reflect the need as well.

THAT was possibly a large part of his point. Maybe.

When they asked for a military forum, folks from across the globe crawled out of the woodwork and posted up about it - the thread was pages and pages long after just a few days. You're barely breaking two pages here - after a week?

This is not meant as a personal attack, but rather to pull the wool from your eyes as to why you haven't found the support you need for this addition - perhaps b/c it is not there? Or perhaps because in the big picture there is not a need yet.

I could care less, personally, whether there is a section for Rocky Mountain. Do I think there is a need? No. But I don't make that decision. I just don't want it to appear that I am ****-type against the section - when I'm just trying to point something out.

If this thread blew up with folks from that area, requesting it, then it might be a different story - as its been already mentioned to you - by multiple staff members.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:47 PM
12 Second Club

i can understand you bringing it up if I said "why does texas get thier own forum, and we don't?"

but i didn't, and see above what DanWS6 said!

exactly why I don't post much in the "western" forum, it gets lost in all the california threads! why should you care? you shouldn't! do I care about texas...no not really, never been in there and I have no need! like I said I was just making a suggestion!

there is an LS1 community outside of texas!

and using your train of thought, why does Florida have it's own forum? it only has 9xx threads, compared to 10,xxx for texas?

Last edited by Reverend Chaos; 01-31-2006 at 09:56 PM.
Old 01-31-2006, 10:35 PM
TECH Senior Member

Hmm. Well.....

I can't tell you why Florida has its own forum, you'd have to ask the owners here. I wasn't around when they set up the place.

On the other points, I brought it up b/c you are making a suggestion - Toxic Texan made a counterpoint - and you dismissed it. It was a valid point.

As far as people not wanting to post in the Western section, thats their perogative. However, until you get more support(read:unique members posting in this thread) for this - I see it being dead in the water.
Old 02-01-2006, 02:42 AM
12 Second Club

I just don't understand the big deal!

so you take Colorado, New Mexico, Wyoming, Utah and Montana I guess, seperate them into a new forum! How is that going to bother anyone, or disrupt anything!

(btw, wyoming is in the Northwest section...with washington...huh??) anyone look at a map lately?

I am talking as someone who is from that area, and not from a huge state like texas or california! I'm only trying to strengthen the LSx community! I see a flaw and instead of improving something it seems like it's too much of a "hassle"??

it would only help! I've been on the boards and in the "community" since '01, I'm not some noob coming in here pulling this out of my ***!
Old 02-04-2006, 08:26 PM
Teching In

id like to see a rocky mountain section.
Old 02-04-2006, 08:32 PM
12 Second Club

Yea deffinately would like to secede from the western regional forum..
Old 02-05-2006, 05:00 AM
jrp
SN95 Director

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Reverend Chaos
...exactly why I don't post much in the "western" forum, it gets lost in all the california threads!...
well your defeating your purpose. you want a rocky mountains forum but your not even contributing to the section where CO is listed under. the western forum barely gets any traffiic so i dont know how your threads could get "lost" in all the ca/az threads. there's nothing stopping the rocky mountain guys from turning the western forum into there own rocky mountainn forum and creating traffic and show that there is need for a seperate forum.
Old 02-06-2006, 01:43 AM
10 Second Club

Originally Posted by 94grapebird
id like to see a rocky mountain section.
So would I, I just moved to Denver from Texas, and not having you're own regional forum blows... I took it for granted
Old 02-10-2006, 04:41 AM
TECH Senior Member

Look get more support and make them post in this thread. The more people you get to post the more likely you can get your section. Heck post something in the western section linking to here. If you really want it, do something about it and stop the whining.
Old 02-12-2006, 03:56 AM
Launching!

Id like to see the regions split up into smaller areas. Being in San Diego only SD and LA posts are of interest to me. But Denver posts? Might as well be on the moon. Texas is closer! Maybe north CA and south CA? There is a phoenix thread with 1495 posts, next time I post in that section maybe ill just start a SD thread and hope it sticks.

Quick Reply: regional forum suggestion ROCKY MOUNTAIN